Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

P3D3.2 looks really good, but hesitations are really bad!

its the traffic that is doing the stutters  ...

If that's true then P3D is not for me. FSX-SE performs fine with really high levels of traffic.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I am really thinking to go back to v3.1 too.

After v3.2 my performance is very bad.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

No issues for me with p3d v3.2

Frames locked at 30 with sync and triple buffer off. No need for nvidia inspector at all.

Ai with ut2

Tesselation at high, lod at high, autogen at dense for veg and buildings. Fairly conservative settings across the board.

If that's true then P3D is not for me. FSX-SE performs fine with really high levels of traffic.

Pete

It's one variable out of a bunch is all.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I am not a P3D fan, but Tesselation on max works best for me as well.

Try FPS limited to 27 in P3D, and vsync off.

Also make sure you have an Aero theme active on your Windows desktop.. differently from FSX.

Bert

I've just added the ability in FSUIPC to set the Affinity Mask for programs started via its "RunPrograms" options -- ALL my external processes to FSX or P3D are started that way, so it suits me fine that way. No need for any other utility for me!

However, I seriously doubt this will help stop the jerks and hesitations with P3Dv3.2. I'm giving it another day of tests -- change to HT enabled, and maybe try P3D3.1 instead of 3.2, but then it's definitely back to FSX-SE for me!

Thanks,

Pete

I don't know what your machine specs are, but if they're anywhere near what mine are and my machine is almost 3y/o, there is something gravely wrong w/ your setup, a hardware or software conflict, Windows total setup, affinity mask, something.   The well know Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel driver is a show-stopping conflict w/ mouse function so can't be used.  I have best ever performance, visuals, tolerance of much high complexity scenery AND aircraft, and best ever freedom from stutters, hesitations, pauses.  10x better than FSX ever was, 5x better than P3D 2.3, and 2x better than 3.1.   I can really appreciate wanting to be rid of this sort of problem and maybe it's best for you to wait until 64bit P3D and re-try again.  It's far and away the sim I've always hoped for, AND it's on 3y/o hardware.  In fact it's so good I can say the need for 64 bit now is overshadowed only by the need for more processing power in the machine.   I fly PMDG tubes using FSCaptain and while I can fly in and out of FTX regionals into terminals like FSDT's KSFO-HD and maintain frames around 22-23 taxiing and quite smooth, it's worth using FTX Global only for these sorts of flights where I will get 27-29 taxiing around KSFO-HD in the NGX.  I save the regionals mostly for shorter lower flights where you can appreciate the complexity much more down low.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

ORBX is not designed for P3D at the engineering level, even it supports it at the marketing level. Think about the history of it. ORBX comes out of FSX that has fullscreen exclusive mode at 1/2 Vsync. ORBX adds scenery to it, keeping it smooth as possible within that mode. P3D cannot do that mode. P3D really needs special scenery written for it that will allow P3D to run at VSYNC not 1/2 VSYNC. You can get pretty close, but you have to widen your attitudes towards what you think is smooth. P3D runs brilliantly out of the box without ORBX, so there is a lot of work to do to get it to work for something it was not designed for. I have found that getting the affinity mask sorted, being conservative with the settings, and going down the path of locking frames with Nvidia inspector (see other thread) to be pretty good. I bet though - down the track I will hit the same problems again because the fix is only relative, not absolute.

EDIT: I don't want to go down on P3D. The 3.2 update for me has been the best yet and performance has improved.

I think, oh venerable sir, that the subject of your scenery.cfg clean performance vs, as I recall, the hugest collection of "scenery layers" I have ever heard of, is worth persuing. In that vein, the best solution I can offer is a review of HOW you fly...I suspect IFR mostly, but I also infer, with that number of scenery layers, VFR IS HUGELY IMPORTANT.

That leads me to suggest Minimizing the impact by flying with a flight plan to allow the SELECTIVE USE use of RESOURCES. The minimalist scenery/performance utility, SimStarter, seems to afford just that.

http://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/?page_id=105 .

This utility, allows the rational, compartmentalization of need, vs resources, vs performance. It can maximize the highest flying/troubleshooting ratio...a flying analog of an audiophile's rabid concern with signal to Noise ratio, through resource management.

While It takes a good while to set up, once done, it appears that maintenance is rather simple and straightforward. It does this through internal, NOT P3Dxx or FSXxx, scenarios. Via boiler-plating, similar, but not identical "flying-scenario-set-ups", can be derived quickly.

Until someone writes a deep core level utility that analyzes WHERE you are flying, HOW you are flying, WHAT you are Flying, and in WHAT conditions, and automatically adjusts, ALL RESOURCES by dumping unneeded processes and calls for non-"local" scenery files, according to your PHYSICAL RESOURCES, immersion is always going to be a process of successive approximations. I believe we can see that LM continues to try, but only from their own perspective.

The above "Magic Potion Process" ("MPP"), here-by coined by moi, would require ON-The-Fly, background adjusting the internals of P3D OR FSXxx AND Windows itself , for maximal affect. While Sim starter seems to be a good... Sim Starter, will NOT touch Windows directly. It WILL allow you to demand less of Un-needed Windows processes.

....as you have said innumerable times,"Read the Manual"... see if makes sense for you.

Lastly;

While your providing the FSUIPC feature of program launcher/Affinity parameter is greatly appreciated and laudable, I submit that it can't control ALL the variables of FSXxx/P3Dxx AND Windows Xx, as Process Lasso can... Don't know if you have a Scottish background, but there is a free version...grinn.

Thanks for your terrific "bacon-saving" FSUIPC over the years. Most of us would be lost without it!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I had also bad stutters after switching to 3.2 (also with 3.1 but not this bad). This forced me to adjust different settings and after I moved the slider for "terrain shadow cast distance" to 0 made a big improvement for me. Of course, my terrain is not casting any shadows now but for this smooth running sim I can live with it. Also my frames stay really steady now and does not make big jumps (unlimited).

I would call my system quite good over all but of course not perfect just for P3D (I5 6500k, ATI R9 390, win 10)

Pete,

Thanks for your post, I too have noticed this con in 3.2. I had 3.1 sorted with no stutters or lags but I must say 3.2 looks better and handles the autogen pop up issue nicely. I have installed everything the same as in 3.1 including the AF as my only tweak, however the major difference for me is the late graphics draw in 3.2 for 3rd party scenery.

For example if I approach the San Francisco bay from the east on a nice clear day and line up on runway 28L/R night or day the airport scenery (flightbeam) loads late approximately 15 miles out with a 1-2 second lag. This never happened in 3.1 since by the time the airport would come into view (20-30 miles) the detail was already drawn. Particularly noticeable at night as I approach the centreline at about 15 miles out the airport is still in darkness, then boom the tower controller flicks the switch and turns all the airport lights on and the runway appears.

This only seems to happen on 3rd party complex scenery, not sure if LM did something in 3.2 with the scenery handling.

IM

I also had stutters but it was only with the ngx, and it only occurred after about 20mins of flight. What I did was use the program dxtfixerX and ran it against my p3d folder. Now my stutter is completely gone. So maybe you can try that

SimStarter

Process Lasso

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Hmm will follow this thread for a while. 

My newly arrived SSD EVO850 500GB is just making its contribution to a new experience with P3DV3.2 (wow what a speed  :wink: ) 

Just installed some basics like Global,OPENLCEU,UTX2,1 roads and EKCH by Flytampa .

First i was going to do a testflight at default EDDF to test the lights from UTX and i had alot of small microstutter with default aircraft with my last PMDG configuration settings from last build.

I will do a weekend flight EKCH-ESSA (ORBX) in the NGX to see how it goes but i did not see these stutters on my last build which was an upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 .

Might want to try a older driver as well among other fiddling i guess. Defrag a SSD is a "no go" right ?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I am not a P3D fan, but Tesselation on max works best for me as well.

Try FPS limited to 27 in P3D, and vsync off.

Also make sure you have an Aero theme active on your Windows desktop.. differently from FSX.

I tried 30 and 25 in P3D, with Vsync and triple buffering on or off.

Didn't know about Aero. Will try with that enabled. Thanks

I don't know what your machine specs are

It's a 2.5 year old 4770K on a Z97 mobo, built and overclocked to 4.4 for me by SCAN. It's been perfect for FSX and FSX-SE -- with the latter everything I have installed in P3D works fine. Much higher frame rates and few if any stutters.

I can get 30 fps almost everywhere -- notably excepting EGLL -- in P3D,  (EGLL manages 18-25), and with VSync on I get spot on 30 or 20 at EGLL. Perfectly adequate for me. It's just the hesitations (longish stutters) I can't stand.

I'll try enabling HT with appropriate Affinity Masks, and Aero Mode today. Then I might try going back to 3.1.

I've given myself till Saturday to fix it (I started last Saturdy!), otherwise it's back to FSX-SE.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

This hesitation thing, a pause of one second out of the blue, in an otherwise smooth flying is something that I've noted too in 3.1 (I have not yet installed 3.2.) from time to time. It is pretty rare (cross the fingers here) on my side so not a real nuisance. It happens even in light scenery/very light traffic areas like PNG or the Pacific islands. I shy away from any tweak including masks  and utilities and I've more or the less the same reasonable settings than in v2 in which I don't remember having seen this issue. I thought it was caused by ASN weather refreshes as my internet connexion is not too good (slow and irregular) but I wonder.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam