Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado CJ2 Few problems

The quotes you got... are inaccurate.

Anyone who tells you that isn't realistic literally hasn't reviewed the chart. Also, a real avionics package calculates the turn to intercept a new course to the selected waypoint to go direct.

As for how many times you told it to go direct... then my original statement regarding your screen shot stands... you picked the moment where the aircraft's turn just happened to line up with the waypoint.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Oh, so in fact he did a DTO and then a DTO. Not what his post said. LOL

No, it's just 53 year old logic, if the leg has no length there's no choice but to go direct to either the waypoint the leg begins with, ends with, or anywhere in between, either way you end up at the same place. :smile:

No, it's just 53 year old logic, if the leg has no length there's no choice but to go direct to either the waypoint the leg begins with, ends with, or anywhere in between, either way you end up at the same place. :smile:

It is making DTO possible with CJ2 now no matter when it is selected .... works great!

By the way, you did a real good job on the CJ2 DTO video.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Folks,

Been utilizing the Carenado Ticket System pretty heavily:

FMC Unable Direct To: Acknowledged by Carenado - stated not much they can do - limitation of sim (since they use FMC based on default GPS - understand)...

Backup Attitude Indicator not working: Acknowledged by Carenado - should be fixed in next release...

Backup Altimeter will not go past 39,999: Acknowledged by Carenado - should be fixed in next release...

Speed Brakes do not deploy with Flaps 60: Acknowledged by Carenado - should be fixed in next release...

Massive loss of speed with even slight throttle reduction from WOT: Acknowledged by Carenado - will investigate...

All I can suggest - if you notice issues - get them into the ticket system...

*** Note: Does anyone think that after landing - and - with Flaps 60 and Speed Brakes deployed - there is TOO much drag slowing the plane ??? Seems to work better than even actual reverse thrusters would...The plane stops in an exceptionally short distance even without touching the wheel brakes... Opinions ???

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott,

I believe you have the key to getting Carenado to acknowledge the issues with the CJ2. The more users that report the problems to Carenado the better chance we have of keeping it high on the repair priority list.

The short stopping distance was one of the key design goals to be able to use the short, outlying landing fields. You can find one of your favorite runways and mark off 3,000 feet and make enough landings at different weights and at official specification criteria, no wind, 15 deg C, SL, etc and make your own tests. Anything within 10% of book should be considered accurate for FS purposes. I have not noticed any excessively short landing distance but 60 degrees of flaps, wing spoilers and usually landing into the wind all help with a short landing roll out. Remember you are starting with a very low landing speed at touchdown with that long straight wing.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your insights...

Very helpful - sir...

I only get to mess with this on the weekends - but - I may try some actual measured landings for comparison to book values next weekend...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

.... would it be beneficial to bring pressure on to ' DTG Steam ' and ' LM P3D ' developers to FIX the underlying fault with their GPS Direct To  function. If they fix it in the SIM then all aircraft relying on it will function properly....   Thoughts ?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Would their license from Microsoft permit them to do a programming code change?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Would their license from Microsoft permit them to do a programming code change?

Surely there should be no problems to fix existing errors......

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

The Global GPS DTO fix might take awhile and getting DoveTail and LM to do something at about the same time would be incredible at best. Maybe a more local fix would be to find the guy who was modifying the GPS500 a few years ago. He bounced around the different forums for some time then went quiet.. He was very good at the inner-workings of the GPS and made some really great improvements.

I may be able to go through some of my old emails and find his name or username. I would think he could modify the DTO logic in a heartbeat and it would just have to be one more aftermarket mod for those that choose to use it.

Just an idea.

Regards,

Ray

I may be able to go through some of my old emails and find his name or username. I would think he could modify the DTO logic in a heartbeat and it would just have to be one more aftermarket mod for those that choose to use it.

I think you're referring to bliksimpie.  Haven't seen him in some time.

Scott

I think you're referring to bliksimpie.  Haven't seen him in some time.

Scott

Thanks Scott,

Yep, He is the one that could do it. We might have to see if we can bring him out of retirement. Anyone know how to contact him? I will check my old gmail files.

Regards,

Ray

I will check my emails as well. I'm pretty sure I have his email...

I will check my emails as well. I'm pretty sure I have his email...

I exchanged a few emails with him and he not interested in anything Avsim. He is still active in flight sim forums in other locations and he gave me a name in our forums to contact. I will follow up on this and let everyone know if I stumble across something useful.

Thanks guys,

Ray