Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timest

New REX Feature Feedback

33 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

After our developers meeting we have discussed the options to provide our customers more flexibility in regards to the recent discussion here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/485159-so-whats-going-on-at-rex/?p=3390974

The following screenshot of the configuration settings with the area marked in red represents a potential solution to the discussion we have had with our customers here on AVSIM and elsewhere. We welcome and value your feedback as we would like to push this out to our customers in a timely manner. The following applications will take advantage of this new feature:

REX4 Texture Direct
REX4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds
REX Soft Clouds

cloud_sizing.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This feature would be very welcome Tim.

Some clouds look better at their default size, while others look better slightly larger.

Thank you everyone for your input and kind words. We will give this the weekend to see what additional input we get and will start implementing this feature.

Wow talk about service - is it me or does REX clouds look better - nice

They do look better, because it was officially announced that the new update would take the popcorn out from the clouds ;)

Tim & Reed thank you. Its so nice when developers see an issue raised and act upon it, and in this case provide the perfect solution.

One question. Is it possible that when the scale values are written to the shader file, that this is the only part of the file that is changed rather than replace the whole thing each time? I have some other tweaks enabled in the cloud.fx file that I don't want to be changed each time.

Hoping there may be a way around this..

That would be a great feature. Will it affect the cloud sizes in all layers?

Thank you everyone for your kind words. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0