Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

EHAM suggestions?

While we await the release of Amsterdam by FlyTampa, are there any recommendations for usable scenery in P3Dv3.2?

Edit: I'll give NL2000 a go.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Aerosoft's EHAM still works.

-Jim

I thought about NL2000 but decided to stick with the AFCAD's from the AVSIM library. 

The wait for Flytampa will be no doubt worth it.

decided to stick with the AFCAD's from the AVSIM library. 

Thanks Jim and Graham.  That's what I've decided for now too.

erich

Old Aerosoft EHAM was heavy enough even for FS2004 with 100% AI. Hard to imagine how it would perform in P3D (assuming typical simmer combo of ASN, UTX/ORBX, REX)

I have all but UTX installed (not needed in favor of ORBX).  Runs fine on my rig, albeit a little laggy but nothing detrimental to ground operations.  I also flew in there with PMDG's 737NGX and still didn't have any issues.

-Jim

Old Aerosoft EHAM was heavy enough even for FS2004 with 100% AI. Hard to imagine how it would perform in P3D (assuming typical simmer combo of ASN, UTX/ORBX, REX)

I actually bought that scenery tonight and installed it.  It's caused the sim to crash.  Not sure if its related, but assume so as the crashes started just after installing it.  I have uninstalled the scenery, cleaned out the registry and it's still crashing.  Oh dear...   For its age, the scenery still looks good though.

Aerosoft's EHAM still works.

-Jim

But it has a very dated aspect and it's a FPS drainer... Well at least on my system.

Avoid Aerosoft EHAM at all costs. The biggest framerate hog of I have ever experienced in FS. Besides that, it's a 6 year old product, way too obsolete. Wait for FlyTampa's version.

For those who already own Aerosoft EHAM, does anyone have it successfully working in P3Dv3?

For those who already own Aerosoft EHAM, does anyone have it successfully working in P3Dv3?

Never tried with Prepar3D v3.x but at some point I have installed it over Prepar3D v2.something using the EMT software and it was installed correctly. I really don't remember if there was any bugs with it (e.g. runway lights). It was very hard on performance and looked really dated per today's scenario standards.

"For those who already own Aerosoft EHAM, does anyone have it successfully working in P3Dv3?"

I've FSX and P3D both installed. I just pointed P3D to the existing FSX installation of EHAM, seems to be fine

Fly Tampa should be releasing EHAM in less than a month!

Ed

Ed

Is that so ...?

It will take a little longer ...

I have AS EHAM on my system and use it all the time in my home cockpit as it is my home base in P3D.

Years ago I made some custom Afcad files that were used with the Afcad Updater Utility.

I now use them without that utility, so depending on the wind I load the correct Afcad file.

Made some adjustments and it is running fine.

The NL2000 version uses 20% extra fps and also a 700 mb VAS extra...

EHAM%203.jpg

Is that so ...?

It will take a little longer ...

I have AS EHAM on my system and use it all the time in my home cockpit as it is my home base in P3D.

Years ago I made some custom Afcad files that were used with the Afcad Updater Utility.

I now use them without that utility, so depending on the wind I load the correct Afcad file.

Made some adjustments and it is running fine.

The NL2000 version uses 20% extra fps and also a 700 mb VAS extra...

Great shot but it shows it's age no flickering texture conflicts on Schiphol zuid oost?

Sometimes there is some groundtexture flickering at a few places ...

For the rest it is working fine...

I used AS scenery last night for the first time, in the absence of anything else, and although it does definitely show its age, its not a bad gap filler.

Ed

Is that info that came from FT?

I've managed to avoid the Aerosoft version. Tried NL2000 and the FPS is not acceptable (I was getting single digits). So I'm still plenty content using Ray Smith's AFCAD.

My biggest concern with FT EHAM is that Emilio has never had an experience with airport as large as EHAM. So far, EKCH is his biggest achievement and while I totally adore these terminals' glass reflections and overall attention to the details, EKCH scenery itself is on constant brink of available VAS to exhaust, assuming UTX, REX, ASN and AI are all activated. The job with EHAM is not only to produce attractive exterior, but also to provide performance balanced product. I really hope that both Martin and George will help him  

I really hope that both Martin and George will help him  

Not only them....

My biggest concern with FT EHAM is that Emilio has never had an experience with airport as large as EHAM. So far, EKCH is his biggest achievement and while I totally adore these terminals' glass reflections and overall attention to the details, EKCH scenery itself is on constant brink of available VAS to exhaust, assuming UTX, REX, ASN and AI are all activated. The job with EHAM is not only to produce attractive exterior, but also to provide performance balanced product. I really hope that both Martin and George will help him  

Don't have any issues and I mean none at EKCH ;-)

Don't have any issues and I mean none at EKCH ;-)

If I don't save a flight in the middle of the actual flight I usually end up with 400-500Mb of free VAS after landing. FYI - 300MB of remaining VAS is a prerequisite for OOM. For other airports I have approximately these numbers with 100% AI, UTX, ASN, REX.

UK2000 EGLL - 800

FSDT KLAX - 900

FSDT KJFK - 1000

FB KDEN - 1100

FT YSSY - 700

FT OMDB - 700

FT CYYZ - 900

What simulator are you using?

In the latest version of P3D I never seen a VAS issue.

If I don't save a flight in the middle of the actual flight I usually end up with 400-500Mb of free VAS after landing. FYI - 300MB of remaining VAS is a prerequisite for OOM. For other airports I have approximately these numbers with 100% AI, UTX, ASN, REX.

UK2000 EGLL - 800

FSDT KLAX - 900

FSDT KJFK - 1000

FB KDEN - 1100

FT YSSY - 700

FT OMDB - 700

FT CYYZ - 900

As stated don't have the VAS issue you have ;-)