Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

How about a PMDG 767 and 757

We all want a 787 - waiting on QW as that is looking amazing 

Are we? All, really?  :smile:

No offense but this thread is all filled with we want, we should have, you should do that...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not intending to start a rant here but who can really speak for everybody here and say what everybody wants?

Let's express self wishes and not others'.

• Upvote 2

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Are we? All, really?  :smile:

True but I dont doubt the majority will be purchasing the QW 787

Rich Sennett

For me to buy it, it has to be at the same system depth level than PMDG or Flightsimlabs.

Otherwise, I would have no interest in a full glass - fully automated aircraft where you have almost no button to push...

I'm flying the T7 because it is PMDG's and I love that aircraft but to be honest, there is not much to do except programming the FMC. In that sense, the NGX is much more interesting.

Ok I'm stopping there, I feel I'm getting largely off-topic.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

For me to buy it, it has to be at the same system depth level than PMDG or Flightsimlabs.

Otherwise, I would have no interest in a full glass - fully automated aircraft where you have almost no button to push...

To tell yo the truth I am not a big fan of glass myself

Rich Sennett

I'll buy the 787, but if i had to decide between the mega successful 767 or that thing, i wouldn't even blink. Specially if it came from PMDG.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think the 767 holds a special place in many simmers hearts. Personally, the 767 is the first addon I ever had for flightsim. Got it when I was 13 years old. Before that, I flew the default 737/747. I was hooked on buying addons ever since. Maybe it's my sentimental attachment to it, but it is now my favorite aircraft in real life. Would be great to have her in P3D in the quality only PMDG can provide.

And the LD 757 is probably close to completion now as I predict a 2020 release date on that. 

Hahahahahahahahaha, made my day. lolol

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

True but I dont doubt the majority will be purchasing the QW 787

I won't be buying it. Too much glass for me and I'm not sure that it will be a study type sim like what PMDG produce.

I'm not really a fan of the 757 but would buy a 767 if PMDG made one.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I won't be buying it. Too much glass for me and I'm not sure that it will be a study type sim like what PMDG produce.

I'm not really a fan of the 757 but would buy a 767 if PMDG made one.

Yes Jim but its a beautiful job they have done and will a day one purchase for me - remember the LEVEL-D days first big bird I tried - that was a very nice offering

Rich Sennett

I would also love to see PMDG do the Boeing 757 and 767. They are amazing machines, and still are widely used by carriers worldwide.

Plus it would be great for them to bring the B757 & 767 into the modern world from the Fly! Simulator world of 2001/02.

Would love either a 757 or 767 by pmdg over a 787. 757 and 767 have so many active routes even today. But pmdg definitely do their market research and will do what's more profitable for them and you can't fault them for that. Whatever they decide to do next, I'll probably end up buying it.

Orman

I love to see this topic because I too would love a 757/767 and especially with a modern retrofit cockpit like FedEx.

Many of us fly for virtual airlines with a schedule full of aircraft we lack quality add-ons for.

A320 series - market flooded with somewhat acceptable versions

A330/A340 - a few on the way - probably acceptable simulations

A350 - gap

A380 - gap

ATR 72 - gap

B717 - promising one coming

B737NG - done - a refresh in a few years with the MAX will be in high demand by us VA pilots.

B747 - covered

B757/767 - gap. Old or light models only - large use by airlines worldwide - and 767 still in production

B777 - done

B787 - gap though not many routes and a promising model (or enough to fill the gap) on the way

Bombardier CSeries - This will be in high demand by VA pilots as airlines start to add this aircraft

Q400 - very well covered

CRJ - promising one coming - the rest is old/flawed

ERJ/EMB - gap. Only old ones

MD-11 - who wouldn't buy a v2? Maybe not 4 years from now when cargo airlines retire her.

MD-80 series - an older/acceptable one

I think the classic birds are pretty well covered by many companies to varying degrees of quality.

As someone who likes to fly scheduled airline flights, I would love to see the 757/767 gap filled with a quality, modern product. I think the 757/767 would have higher demand than the 747 if they were released at the same time. Just a guess on that one..

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

A320 series - market flooded with somewhat acceptable versions

A330/A340 - a few on the way - probably acceptable simulations

What's wrong with the Aerosoft versions of these?

(I know, that the A330 series haven't been released yet, but It'll probably be similar to the A320 series)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

What's wrong with the Aerosoft versions of these?

(I know, that the A330 series haven't been released yet, but It'll probably be similar to the A320 series)

I think the Aerosoft Airbus is great. Just not all the systems are fully simulated like PMDG would have done. I've also heard a bit of complaining about the flight dynamics. But personally, it nicely fills the purpose when I want to fly a Bus. I would be extremely disappointed if PMDG announced the A320 as their next project. No doubt I would buy it, but it wouldn't fill a void in the hangar for me. 

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World