Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Impossible to get new C-47

Sim Outhouse is a disaster. Even though I am a logged in member, it will not permit me to download the new C-47 V3 by Manfred Jahn. Even when I offer to make a donation, the site boots me out. Anyone know another way to get the new C-47? I hope they will offer it on another better website.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Worked fine for me except the download speed is very low. Bob.

Sim Outhouse is a disaster. Even though I am a logged in member, it will not permit me to download the new C-47 V3 by Manfred Jahn. Even when I offer to make a donation, the site boots me out. Anyone know another way to get the new C-47? I hope they will offer it on another better website.

Downloaded it one hour ago, then the site access has been limited because server seems to be too busy. Wait a bit.

Cheers, Ed

It's not a commercial site, it's a bunch of Flight sim enthusaists like you, and me. They don't have a responsibility to you so just sit tight and wait your turn. It's not as if you're paying for it.

• Upvote 2

Very odd, I am waiting, but when I do finally get to the file and click download, the site blocks the download. I don't get it. I am registered and signed in and have downloaded there before. Does anyone know why it might do that?

Servers are overwhelmed.

Best to be patient.  

Lee,

Butchering a site, run by flight sim enthausiasts, for being overloaded due to a highly anticipated release is not really the way to go.

I was lucky to be able to download the c-47, but have yet to successfully post in the thread.

Being registered or having donated does not make any difference. I am convinced that you are not "blocked". 

You just have to have patience, like so many others.

So, step out of the heat, have a glass of iced tea, and breath.Life does not end because we have to be patient.

I am sure you will be able to enjoy the new C-47 release soon. 

Just give the Site some time to chill out; The entire Solar System has been waiting almost three years for this Add On to be released. So, of course the multitudes trying to Download the Add On are bringing the SOH Server to its knees.

Go take a walk, play with the kids, read a Novella. Just relax... there's no need to bash SOH or cry & moan about it.

Alan  :Shame On You:

I withdraw the bash, I totally understand... :fool:

Lee, that happened to me about a year ago too and I was registered with SOH for over 15 years. Whatever I did, I could never download anything anymore and when I sent them a message, nothing happened. I don't blame SOH and its great team of enthusiasts for this, something went apparently wrong that caused the blocking. That is why I registered myself as a new user under a different username and everything was fine again. Maybe you should do that too, if you will not be able to download the DC-3 in the next couple of days.

Relax and have a great weekend,

Bernd

It's certainly worth waiting for. :Tounge:  The co-pilot feature is extremely good. He told me off for going at full throttle. Oi! I said, I'm the captain! 

• Upvote 1

Is it the project with the title "Attention all DC-3 fans" on SOH forum that integrate the new VC?

Just downloaded a couple of hours ago with no problem at all, took about 20 minutes!

Cheers

Martin

For those waiting to download because the Sim-Outhouse is too busy, read they have had hackers trying to access the server today. Since the attack the servers has been hammered due to high visitor counts.

It's a beautiful bird, definitely worth the download frustration ;)

12ufur7hpuw7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Is it the project with the title "Attention all DC-3 fans" on SOH forum that integrate the new VC?

Yes, that's the one with Jan's VVC cockpit.

Here's one of the features in the model, voice activated checklist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx-bokUBlhM

Just need the paint kit. :wink:

That's forthcoming by Gordon Madison at SOH.

I've redid the textures for the radials and will be included in Gordon's paint kit.

TFS-77.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just need the paint kit. :wink:

As I understand it all those V2 paint jobs work on the V3.....there are a LOT of them!!

K

As I understand it all those V2 paint jobs work on the V3.....there are a LOT of them!!

K

Yes, v.2 repaint will work.  Although some repainter are updating to the new radials in v.3.

Here's one of my favorites v.2...

01.jpg