Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

Meet PMDG and Rob Randazzo live at Flight Angels - Win the 747 QOTSII

It is with the greatest of pleasure that I can now unveil to the world that PMDG have partnered with us for the Flight Angels charity live stream event, this coming Saturday 17th September! The event is massive and I mean massive and supports three children charities - visit www.flight-angels.com for details.

We have kept it under wraps, but can now announce that Robert Randazzo will be speaking live on the Saturday at the event, talking news about current and future PMDG releases! He will be taking LIVE questions and answers from the assembled audience, so if you have any questions for Rob and the PMDG team, now is your time to ask - but please remember to donate to the worthy causes.

Of course, PMDG couldn't partner with us without something up their sleeve, so we can also announce through the immense generosity of the entire PMDG team - CUE MAJOR DRUM ROLL - that Robert will also be leading the bidding for not not 1, not 2, but 5 licence keys for the forthcoming PMDG Queen of The Skies II ! - So if you want to win the aircraft and be amongst the FIRST IN THE WORLD to fly this amazing new aircraft, then please join the bidding at Flight Angels!

How do I get there? simply visit www.flight-angels.com where you can view the YouTube live stream directly from the website all day Saturday, hosted by none other than Froogle, Novawing24, Bel Geode, Catstrator and others, along with scores of celebrity guests, prizes and industry support. (Incidentally, America's most decorated fighter pilot Col Doug Champagne who flew the F-16 interception flights on 9/11 will also be on hand and will join RSR for a quick chat live too to chew the aviation fat with him!)

This is simply the BIGGEST charity event ever held in both mainstream aviation and flight sim. Oh did I tell you that Col George Hardy, WW2 Mustang pilot of the Tuskegee airmen is there too on the day! We are incredibly detailed to break open the secret wraps to tell you that PMDG are our official partner in this event! It is a secret that I have been just dying to announce to you all!

visit us at www.flight-angels.com from Midnight Friday 16th UK time (7PM US Eastern) for a full 24 hours of aviation action, meet PMDG, bid to be the first to fly the new 747 (I am excited!) and find out first hand from Captain Randazzo all the news from PMDG!

Oh yes, almost forgot, Rob will be talking to us live from his DC-3, how is that for cool! All engine noises and prop spins are real guys :-) We will be confirming shortly the exact time Robert will be there based on his flight schedule - so watch this space.

Thank you so much to the incredible people at PMDG and thank you all for joining us at the weekend and donating!

PS I am going to say it AGAIN :) WE HAVE FIVE LICENCES OF THE PMDG 747-400 QUEEN OF THE SKIES II ON OFFER DURING ROBERT'S LIVE TALK - need I say more?

Jane Whittaker

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

people are asking me how do they get involved.

Quite simply on Friday night from 4PM Eastern, midnight UK, just go to www.flight-angels.com and you will automatically see the whole live feed on the screen, including chat window, donation buttons etc. The entire homepage will run the event, its all you have to do to see it, bid and meet Rob Randazzo and all the other guests!

It is ALL you need to do!

that said, there are special workshops on the website, donating to take part in those will get you by email a link that gives you access to the parallel workshop video feed and the opportunity to ask questions of Colonel Doug Champagne (America's most decorated server fighter pilot) who will be doing live demonstrations of the F-16 from the cockpit view! 

So to be clear, the primary event is totally free to watch, just go to the homepage. If you want to attend the F-16 or other workshops, register and donate and you will be given links for those PARALLEL feeds and have full chat access to each workshop. The donate buttons next to each flight leg for the schedule are for those who wish (totally non compulsory) to fly with us on the server, otherwise just watch for free on the homepage the full telethon, guests, giveaways, aviation videos specially made for us, charity videos and the whole works! ALL you need to go is go to www.flight-angels.com over the weekend

• Upvote 1

This is an important charitable cause.  We have flown many Angel Flights over the years, it is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have as a pilot.

I should share the official promo video of how to get there and meet Rob, but its really simple just turn up at www.flight-angels.com and the stream is right there on the page on Saturday (Rob is about to sort the time!)

No offence intended, but who are you Jane? Are you a programmer, PR person, or lawyer or employed in some other capacity by PMDG? Just curious. I'm sure I've heard your name mentioned before on this forum - I just can't remember.

No offence intended, but who are you Jane? Are you a programmer, PR person, or lawyer or employed in some other capacity by PMDG? Just curious. I'm sure I've heard your name mentioned before on this forum - I just can't remember.

You can find her articles and reviews on PC Pilot magazine every two months. I've flown some of her tutorial flights and always read her addon/hardware reviews. Very helpful. 

• Upvote 1

You can find her articles and reviews on PC Pilot magazine every two months.

Him, he is an Englishman where Jane is a common male surname. Not employed by PMDG.

Him, he is an Englishman where Jane is a common male surname. Not employed by PMDG.

I think this person is a "her" not a "he". Look at the signature. Whittaker is the surname, Jane is the given name.

Gents,

I am working out the details with Peter Wright and we (collective we, JR, Pete and/or myself) will throw a note out here as to what we decide upon for a time.

I will be doing Double Charity Duty this weekend, as we will have the DC-3 on display at Washington Dulles International Airport all day Saturday, as part of the Dulles Open House to benefit Special Olympics.  The crew likes to poke fun at my apparently anti-social nature, because while I enjoy moving the DC-3 to various airports for charity events, I tend to shy away from being overly social while on the ground...   Probably a natural offshoot form having spent a good portion of my adult life making presentations and speeches.  Or just a personality quirk.  I'll let you be the judge. 

(Unless "you" is Aaron or Kyle... in which case you don't get a vote!)

Pete and I talked late today, and we are exploring the engineering behind a live broadcast from the DC-3 as we move her from KIAD to her home base at KHEF later in the day on Saturday.  It is a whopping :15 flight if we have a headwind...  but the taxi out provides lots of opportunity for some unique views of the airport and the heavies plying their trade. 

(They may be bigger- but the DC-3 is way cooler...)

We will post more information as we have it.  Stay tuned!

• Upvote 2

Gents,

I am working out the details with Peter Wright and we (collective we, JR, Pete and/or myself) will throw a note out here as to what we decide upon for a time.

I will be doing Double Charity Duty this weekend, as we will have the DC-3 on display at Washington Dulles International Airport all day Saturday, as part of the Dulles Open House to benefit Special Olympics.  The crew likes to poke fun at my apparently anti-social nature, because while I enjoy moving the DC-3 to various airports for charity events, I tend to shy away from being overly social while on the ground...   Probably a natural offshoot form having spent a good portion of my adult life making presentations and speeches.  Or just a personality quirk.  I'll let you be the judge. 

Pete and I talked late today, and we are exploring the engineering behind a live broadcast from the DC-3 as we move her from KIAD to her home base at KHEF later in the day on Saturday.  It is a whopping :15 flight if we have a headwind...  but the taxi out provides lots of opportunity for some unique views of the airport and the heavies plying their trade. 

(They may be bigger- but the DC-3 is way cooler...)

We will post more information as we have it.  Stay tuned!

Robert, I'd have thought you were a confident talker, given your years of flight deck announcements to passengers? :)

:ph34r:

• Upvote 2

What if I miss Mr. Randazzo's presentation, will there be a recording uploaded on youtube?

Please, pretty please, yes.  

• Upvote 1

Wow, this is huge!   it will be around 02:00 in the morning for me but I will do my best to stay up and support!   Fantastic work ladies an gents - why is the weekend still two days away lol???

Kind regards

Werner

What if I miss Mr. Randazzo's presentation, will there be a recording uploaded on youtube?

yes everything is being recorded, and we will be creating a professionally edited highlights package, available for small donation after the event from the website. Rob, will of course be part of those highlights :) We have a video production company waiting in the wings to sift through everything and produce a fabulous video for everyone.

• Upvote 2

Congratulations and success for humanitarian empreeendimento. Life with dignity and justice. Good thing there is human capacity to embrace this beautiful cause.
Angel this girl Rosie Davies, and all who are in this cause deserve our support. Here we have in the country a similar project called "child hope"
Success

YouTube allow you to re-wind a stream and start from any point previous, as well as the channel can upload it after the stream is done - David Lee

• Upvote 1

i wish the best for this weekend

But what should i do to be part of "win" it ? I see you also mention something about "bidding" ?

Michael Moe :smile:  :wink:

• Upvote 1

i wish the best for this weekend

But what should i do to be part of "win" it ? I see you also mention something about "bidding" ?

Michael Moe :smile:  :wink:

hey Michael, there are three ways you can get software over the weekend. I will say right here and now that there are over 2000, yes 2000 sim products on offer! Thank you so much to the whole flight sim industry!

1) You can bid on a product of your choice - we have ALL the major flight sim companies donated products to us - no exaggeration! We will be doing many by auction, where you bid for what you want. You can walk away with huge bargains and all the money goes to the kids charities!

2) You can end up getting some top flight sim software for free - yes, seriously, the big top name new release products - we have been offered some as FREE giveaways, which we will give away at random to people at the event to anyone who expresses an interest in winning that prize. That will happen every hour or even more frequently. If you don't get the prize you want, it will come around again! Basically if you want what is on offer at that time just put your name in the list and you could win it - there and then!

3) The amazing people at Aerosoft are also running a HUGE MAJOR (did I say big?) sale at their website over the weekend. The proceeds from that sale all will go in to the pot for the kids charities we are supporting too! We are supporting SeriousFun and OverTheWall, providing support for terminally ill, sick children and their families around the world. We are also supporting the wonderful Vision of Flight charity, which helps underprivileged kids to get involved an aviation career including flying lessons for them!

Aerosoft will be selling a huge amount of stuff at massive discount, including the F-16 as flown by our guest Colonel Doug Champagne, airport sceneries and just huge amounts of products! All of which goes to the cause!

Hope that helps!

• Upvote 1

It will be 0400 for me and I have to be at work at 0600 so I am going to miss this one. Bummer....

Scott

It will be 0400 for me and I have to be at work at 0600 so I am going to miss this one. Bummer....

Scott

its a full 24 hour event Scott :)

• Upvote 1