Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Logitech acquired Saitek

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is great news. Maybe they'll be able to rebuild the inventory for all of their flight sim products.

Finally, saitek is in the hands of a company that gives a hoot about quality. Unlike madcrapz! Hopefully, Logitech will over haul the quality of the flight sim throttle quads and yokes.

I am a little pessimist, Logitech could also kill most the flight sim modules, very small profit margin. 

Some what pleased with this announcement as we know MadCatz have been having some financial problems for a while now. Let's hope Logitech don't let the flightsim community down! :P

Odd that such a FS affecting acquisition announcement is thus buried here on AVSIM as a non-major forum's topic.  Seem rather major FS news to me.

Odd that such a FS affecting acquisition announcement is thus buried here on AVSIM as a non-major forum's topic.  Seem rather major FS news to me.

I agree, should be on the News area.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully some production will resume at some stage? I've been looking for that TPM module for a long time, doesn't seem like there's been a lot happening lately.

I am happy about this, without I think the saitek flight hardware will just disapear from the market. But I am curious about "lets see what they do with it"... Because logitech is very big and the flightsim market is - relatively - small.

Lets hope the best!

Hope this will be a good thing. I had an entire Saitek Setup until my fiancé tossed it when I bought a new house.... I'm furious.... Or course you can't buy it anywhere either....

Well, Amazon and ebay have everything cropping up if you give it a few days. Not always cheap but I've just got a switch panel, Cessna trim box and TPM both new for reasonable and more or less the RRP!

Work on my Warthog adapter is coming along nicely for the alternative layout.... Mind you that's £350 already for parts..... It's a four spring/damper unit extension  so I can tune hydraulic damping and preload for feel. Not for sale..