Sign in to follow this  
strider1

XPX 11 presentation !

Here the link to 63 Degrees Right Youtube channel ! And Thank You for posting it !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Thank You very much for posting these.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Laminar done a great job with xp10

updates after updates  - completely free and painless to download !

Great community support !

Will buy XP11  as soon is out ! and well done Laminar glad to support you all the way; looking forward to your new XP11 !

tx for posting

• Upvote 3

Feel better after watching the videos thanks!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thx for the 2 videos. I liked what I've seen :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hm, well, I have to say... this is getting interesting...!

Pretty nice!!! Looking forward to XP11.  Thanks manuthie for the complete video.

Enrique Vaamonde

Although I was hoping for a better weather system and ground textures, I am excited about the new features so far announced for X-Plane 11. 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

There are some really cool new features. I think they have also aimed this release at getting new users to X-Plane which is good in the long run. I especially like the new FMC / reflections and autogen.  I also use Linux 80% / 90%  of the time so FSX/P3D are not options for me at all.

• Upvote 1

No mention of any new graphics API's :/ (DX12/Vulcan etc) bummer but I guess as long as the new system runs at a decent FPS I'll still be happy.

The particle system for the rain sounds really intriguing  !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

No mention of any new graphics API's :/ (DX12/Vulcan etc) bummer but I guess as long as the new system runs at a decent FPS I'll still be happy.

tbh this was not really expected considering what we know from ben.

to quote BEN from the blog:

If you know OpenGL but don’t know a lot about how 3-d graphics hardware really works, reading the Vulkan spec is a little bit like believing that Santa Claus brings your presents down the chimney and then [spoiler alert] one day reading a 700+ page PDF that explains how your parents actually buy the presents a month or two in advance, wrap and hide them, and then sneak them under the tree while you are asleep.

For X-Plane, the Vulkan spec makes clear what types of operations future drivers will support, what will be done for us, and what we have to do ourselves. This gives us a good framework to then incrementally build next-generation rendering code in X-Plane that is “Vulkan-friendly” – even if it is still using OpenGL. My guess is that this new code will be faster than the code it replaces even before we change drivers.

Once we have the rendering code restructured and modernized, we can then set it up to run on Vulkan or OpenGL, taking advantage of the Vulkan pathways where they exist.

One final thought: I have no idea how the actual experience of coding for Vulkan will be. It may be that everything “just works”, or it may be an exercise in frustration. Once we’ve been through a full port I’ll post a post-mortem, but I think it’s too soon for anyone out there to have good realistic feedback on a full Vulkan porting experience from OpenGL.***

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/03/what-vulkan-means-to-developers/

this blog gives an insight towards vulcan development.  If I were to guess, we see full vulcan support in XP12, with XP11 redesigning everything to make it vulcan friendly.