Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Chase Plane now available

Ok let's clarify here.

• Yes, presets are stored in the cloud exclusively and are not stored on the user's machine.
  • We will not change to a Subscription model for ChasePlane. You buy it, you have it.
  • Most people these days have access to a constant internet connection so this is not an issue. You only really need a connection when starting and shutting down ChasePlane.
  • This is designed to prevent data loss and also to prevent piracy of our software.
  • If we ever decide to go out of business, ChasePlane will be made available as an offline software to existing customers.
  • OldProp Solutions inc. does not plan on going out of business and using piracy protection like cloud storage is our way to assure that we, unlike the examples listed in the above post, stay in business.
  • Many other add-ons and services rely on an active Internet Connection: PFPX, Active Sky, OpusFSI (Weather), VATSIM etc...
  • If we want Community Features in this application, this is the only way we could efficiently do it.
  • We plan on having an offline solution so you wouldn't be left empty-handed in rare occasions where your computer would go offline.

I hope this answers many people's concerns!

I didn't see anything here about TrackIR.  Does this software support TrackIR?  This would be very important to me.

I virtually live on TrackIR.  I'm so used to it that I easily use switches, buttons or knobs while remaining in TrackIR. For me, shutting off TrackIR is unconscionable.

Thank you,

Bob

• Upvote 1

I didn't see anything here about TrackIR.  Does this software support TrackIR?  This would be very important to me.

Thank you,

Bob

They are working on it to be added in the future

Rich Sennett

So.. I don't have ezdock yet, but what I see is everyone says nothing this does ezdock cannot do. Ezdock is 35 bucks, and supports trackir. This is 39 for an alpha and does not.

Since I want to get an add-on, Why should I be getting this one?

So.. I don't have ezdock yet, but what I see is everyone says nothing this does ezdock cannot do. Ezdock is 35 bucks, and supports trackir. This is 39 for an alpha and does not.

Did you miss the part that its 35.10$ US dollars if you have one of Their other products and will support TIR and maybe a recording system in it also - I think its well worth the price 

Rich Sennett

I have a rather big question for myself...    in EZDOK, I hold down the middle mouse to go into head swivel mode where I can look around in the cockpit.  I would then use my arrow keys to move around inside the cockpit if I want to.   Some of the videos I state that the Middle mouse button now opens up the in-game context menu.

So.... does Chase Plane not let you look around in the cockpit by just holding down a key or button and panning the mouse?   Can you run around in the cockpit freely without the need of of a Game Controller and the like?     If I can reassign the middle mouse button to let me hold it down to look around then I'll grab a copy of the Alpha.  If I am stuck with just setting camera angles and nothing more then I am out for now.

Also, I know you can set hot keys but I assume you will have a CYCLE key we can assign so we can cycle through camera views and categories with key presses?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have a rather big question for myself...    in EZDOK, I hold down the middle mouse to go into head swivel mode where I can look around in the cockpit.  I would then use my arrow keys to move around inside the cockpit if I want to.   Some of the videos I state that the Middle mouse button now opens up the in-game context menu.

So.... does Chase Plane not let you look around in the cockpit by just holding down a key or button and panning the mouse?   Can you run around in the cockpit freely without the need of of a Game Controller and the like?     If I can reassign the middle mouse button to let me hold it down to look around then I'll grab a copy of the Alpha.  If I am stuck with just setting camera angles and nothing more then I am out for now.

You can use the middle mouse button to look around. You can also assign a key/button to mouse-look. If you hold the middle mouse button for 200ms without moving, the In-Sim View Selector will appear.

I hope this answers your question!

Alpha 1 does not but we will add TrackIR functionality as a free update. You can buy EZDok in the meantime but I wouldn't like you to pay twice for a camera add-on!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

You can use the middle mouse button to look around. You can also assign a key/button to mouse-look. If you hold the middle mouse button for 200ms without moving, the In-Sim View Selector will appear.

Beat me to it - will have some questions Keven at a later date - bet you cant wait lol

Rich Sennett

Also, I know you can set hot keys but I assume you will have a CYCLE key we can assign so we can cycle through camera views and categories with key presses?

i set it up using the following settings for mouse/keyboard and it basically is identical to ezdok after that. very easy to transition to it. 

you can setup cycle hotkeys, it basically lets you pick cockpit/external/world cam and then cycle through them etc.

cheers

-andy crosby

sCmuT33.jpg

I saw a video I needed to see, purchased and I am already setting up my 737NGX.   See ya EZDOK.   So much easier to install, setup and get going.. and this is just the Alpha!    Stop your bellyaching and snag this bad boy while it's price is low.    TrackIR will come!   Get this now while the price is where it's at.   You can always continue to use EZDOK until TrackIR comes online.    I have been in this software for 10 minutes and have already figured it out and I am loving it.    Can't imagine how powerful this will be later on when it's full v1.0.    Now.. if only it could fix my OOMs while inside the 737NGX.. :P

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I purchased an Xbox Controller at Walmart for about $20 just to use with Chase Plane, and HOLY SMOKES.... it was absolutely a night and day difference!  HIGHLY recommended!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

What about head movement and turbulence shakes and movements? So what's shaken..

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I purchased an Xbox Controller at Walmart for about $20 just to use with Chase Plane, and HOLY SMOKES.... it was absolutely a night and day difference!  HIGHLY recommended!

Yeah I am probably going to get one for movie making purposes.   Never needed a game controller until now.  :)

What about head movement and turbulence shakes and movements? So what's shaken..

All there and adjustable.   You really want to feel your pilot slam forward when you slam the breaks, Doable.   You want to watch your pilot lean into a turn?  Doable.   You want to feel yourself pushed back into your seat as you accelerate like a bat out of hell?  Doable.    You want to shake like an Earthquake becayuse you have your head shoved into the engine backblast?  Doable.      Want to bounce in your seat as you roll down that bumpy runway?  Doable.

So far, one of my favorite features is assigning which CPU cores ChasePlane will use on boot up.   I can keep it off my Sim's cores without having to run any Affinity Mask batch files or tweaking it through Process Explore/Lasso.  Just set it and forget it.

EDIT:  Okay my 2nd favorite thing is Cinematic Camera Mode!  <3

100454.png

Brian Navy

Pretty cool, got some things to figure out, like how to get the mini controls (when you press the mouse scroll wheel for a couple of seconds to let me switch anything there.)

Seems cool, but not as cool as I had hoped, track IR is much better in VC, and the hat switch and zoom was good enough for me outside, so I just blew $40.

Might experiment with it some more with outside views for videos or screenshots.

Hate it when I buy something and don't really care for it, 30 minutes later and I am having serious buyers remorse, could have bought two tanks of gas for my car, or three bags of dog food for my dogs.

Sucks, being stuck with something I will probably never use, $40, fiddle with for 15 minutes, bored already, then its back to track IR.

Aaron Tirrell

All there and adjustable.   You really want to feel your pilot slam forward when you slam the breaks, Doable.   You want to watch your pilot lean into a turn?  Doable.   You want to feel yourself pushed back into your seat as you accelerate like a bat out of hell?  Doable.    You want to shake like an Earthquake becayuse you have your head shoved into the engine backblast?  Doable.      Want to bounce in your seat as you roll down that bumpy runway?  Doable.

So far, one of my favorite features is assigning which CPU cores ChasePlane will use on boot up.   I can keep it off my Sim's cores without having to run any Affinity Mask batch files or tweaking it through Process Explore/Lasso.  Just set it and forget it.

EDIT:  Okay my 2nd favorite thing is Cinematic Camera Mode!  <3

Like to see the motion part of that in a video... bouncing around in the cockpit. 

Pretty cool, got some things to figure out, like how to get the mini controls (when you press the mouse scroll wheel for a couple of seconds to let me switch anything there.)

Seems cool, but not as cool as I had hoped, track IR is much better in VC, and the hat switch and zoom was good enough for me outside, so I just blew $40.

Might experiment with it some more with outside views for videos or screenshots.

Hate it when I buy something and don't really care for it, 30 minutes later and I am having serious buyers remorse, could have bought two tanks of gas for my car, or three bags of dog food for my dogs.

Sucks, being stuck with something I will probably never use, $40, fiddle with for 15 minutes, bored already, then its back to track IR.

I seriously do wonder what you expected to get, really...? What made you buy this? You could have known what you were getting...?