Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Here we go again.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hm, nah... the tweet says 'A whole new [virtual] world! Prepar3D launches its latest software update for simulation training' and imho that whole new world is about those 24 screens and they are also saying 'update', not a new version as that FSElite link wants us to believe. And btw I wonder why they posted that tweet because the url they post doesn't lead to something new...

If this is anything, I am thinking this would be version 3.5, which per the three month cadence of LM's point release schedule, would be coming within the next week or two. 

It has always been crystal clear to me that LM wouldn't watch XP improving leaving  P3D in agony. This way we'll end up with quite improved XP11 and P3D4, or whatever it will be called. Not the worst situation isn't it? 

Thanks for sharing, Michael

Editable Navaids/Runways Database. No Autogen borderline.

Oh no, both schedueled for P3D5.

Kind regards, Michael

I just wonder what monitor they use that has such thin bezel.

That wall is pretty far in the distance, which makes the bezel look thin, probably normal monitor bezel size. 

If this happens, make sure you have a backup of your present version. https://fselite.net/...3d-coming-soon/

Well, it is Tuesday... a classic software release date.

Something I like about Lockheed Martin is that they just "drop" updates with very little buildup or hype. There's no speculation, consternation, or gnashing of teeth among our community about what something might be - it just appears.  So, we'll wait to see what appears... whenever that may be.

Quick - someone check if Pete Dowson is on vacation!

• Upvote 3

Quick - someone check if Pete Dowson is on vacation!

:LMAO:

Well, it is Tuesday... a classic software release date.

lol very good 

I don't ever recall LM announcing an incremental update (ie 3.4 -> 3.5). Like someone said above, they just "drop" those on us. Maybe I just don't notice. This seems to be a bigger update. "A whole new [virtual] world" seems to be a pretty obvious indicator of something substantial.

My guess is P3D v4 64 bit or a new rendering engine.

• Upvote 2

It may have to be something bigger than just 3.5.  With XP11 coming out, there has been a good deal of activity on the X-Plane boards by P3D folks who are considering coming over to the "other side." 

It may have to be something bigger than just 3.5.  With XP11 coming out, there has been a good deal of activity on the X-Plane boards by P3D folks who are considering coming over to the "other side." 

already did and dont regret it. its worth having both options now!!

• Upvote 3