Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Ask The Devs - Flight Sim World Q+A

The minimum spec listed for system RAM is 4 GB. Will add-on developers of planes and scenery be able to release products that have a higher minimum spec for system RAM?

(I assume that would be true now with a 64-bit platform, but just wanted to check).

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I would really like to see this question answered. It has two parts:

1) Have the G1000 issues that plagued Flight School been fixed (specifically the completely broken zoom feature)?

2) Does this fix mean accepting a FPS hit (a la FSX and the initial release of Flight School)? Or will Flight School users be pleasantly surprised?

Is there any truth to this rumor? 

I heard a rumor (and that's all this is though the source has been right before) that DTG is expecting devs to give over their product(s) for 90 days exclusivity on the DTG Steam channel during which time Steam will take 30% off the top and then DTG will take 70% of what remains. After the 90 days are over, you're free to market it where and how you wish as long as it stays for sale on the Steam site.

Original post here.

The world is changing.

If DTG and STEAM think they can offer FSW virtually free expecting to make the revenues in content sales, they have a surprise coming.  If the price of a typical Carenado goes from $32 to $52 and PMDG goes from $70 to $120, I think they will actually lower their income.

Sounds like the bean counters are in charge to me...never let accounting run your business.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sticky said:

The world is changing.

If DTG and STEAM think they can offer FSW virtually free expecting to make the revenues in content sales, they have a surprise coming.  If the price of a typical Carenado goes from $32 to $52 and PMDG goes from $70 to $120, I think they will actually lower their income.

Sounds like the bean counters are in charge to me...never let accounting run your business.

And your question is?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Q1) Will be improved AI traffic and ATC within "Early Access", compared to FSX? (Specially ATC)

Q2) Any "Carrer mode" planned (i.e. going from GA to airliners) ?

2 hours ago, Rimshot said:

And your question is?

Mine was an Answer.  You know, the latter part of a Q & A topic.

How about aircraft with weapons?  Working?  Not?  

VRS F/A-18? MV F-4E? (and a ton of others in our lineup)

How about Navigraph updates?  Will those be allowed?

What about choppers?  Are those fixed?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I have no time for ridiculous twitch feeds.  I asK DTG to answer questions posted here.

You need to be aware that many of us are very dubious of your business model and motives.  And, given your company's pedigree, I am very doubtful your offering will fit this communitys needs.

• Upvote 4

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, Sticky said:

Mine was an Answer.  You know, the latter part of a Q & A topic.

Lol, yes I know, I assumed the answers would be provided by Dovetail Games :happy:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

I have no time for ridiculous twitch feeds.  I asK DTG to answer questions posted here.

You need to be aware that many of us are very dubious of your business model and motives.  And, given your company's pedigree, I am very doubtful your offering will fit this communitys needs.

+1 to the first line of this post. I have no interest in watching a Q&A that way. DTG - it would be beneficial to many of us I'm sure if the posted questions were answered here.

It seems to me that your primary focus has been making a default fleet of realistic aircraft.  You list "AccuFeel" as included by default which to me must mean that A2A has been in involved in FSW's development as far as aircraft are concerned.

My question concerns when you plan to turn your attention to real world weather driven graphics (cloud lighting for example) or if you plan to ignore that part and leave it to 3rd party developers thereby decreasing the pool of available ideas while simultaneously requiring users to make an extra purchase.

I would prefer you to make the best open to all platform you can. 

Will you have cloud shadows?

Will upper layers of clouds change the lighting for lower clouds?

Will cloud lighting vary with cloud type and location relative to your position and the sun?

Will the haze be backlit if the sun is behind it?

Will there be bluer haze where objects block the light from behind them?

Will haze appear in varying densities around the user position in accordance with weather?

Will the way you see lights through, and the way lights affect the way you see the haze you are in, change based upon the density of the haze and your position in that particular area of lowered visibility relative to those lights (sun or other)?(hope that makes sense)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

On 5/5/2017 at 10:34 AM, DTG_Cryss said:

Hey, 

I've been trawling the forums here, on Steam and AVSIM for the last few days and I'm inundated with questions. 

That said, we want to try and tackle as many of these as possible. 

That's why next Thursday at 6pm GMT, we'll be hosting a live stream where we answer your questions live on air, giveaway some copies of FSW and some other cool things. 

You can join us on https://www.twitch.tv/dovetailgames or submit your questions below. 

Thanks guys, have a great weekend! 

Hi.  Does this mean you'll only answer questions during this live stream event, or here in this forum as well?  Assuming that you'll also answer questions in this forum, I submit the following questions regarding FSW:

1. Will users be able to update the sim's navigation aids database?

2. Have you made any improvements or changes to the ATC, e.g. fixing approach vectoring bugs, assigning SIDS and STARS, fixing altitude assignment bug, etc.?

3. Are sloped runways now possible?

4. Has an interactive ground crew been included?

If any of these are not included in FSW, do you plan on adding them in the future?

Thanks.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Based on Robert from PMDG's op-ed on the main page I shall be going nowhere near this if they force developers to co-locate their products on DTG's Steam channel. I forsee many following my lead. If this in fact bears out as true, I should think LM's v 4 64bit will be the main hub for most in here. DTG would be well served in knowing many are long time loyal customers of these products and will not take lightly a company whose aim is to siphon off hard earned profits from companies that support our hobby now for many years. The scale is never going to be able to to support those companies giving up profit margins to DTG/Steam that they never had to in the past or currently with Lockheed Martin. Therefore I will never support DTG. 

• Upvote 2

Eric