Zimmerbz

My P3d jealousy of xplane 11...

Recommended Posts

I am a fan of P3d.  I fly jetliners, particularly Fslabs320. However, seeing xplane 11 on YouTube, I can't help be jealous of the graphics and scenery in 11.  The free Ortho4xp makes everything look SO real. Same with xenviro.  Given the limitations of P3d being 32 bit, but knowing 64 bit will be announced at some point, does anyone know if P3d will have something similar to ortho4xp and xenviro?  It seems that you can fly a lot easier with traffic too. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I tried X plane 11 off and on for about 2 weeks. I just couldn't get over how poor it looked compared to the P3D I have on my PC. I considered it a major step backwards and finally deleted the demo. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently using both sims, P3D mainly for PMDG aircraft, I've also invested just waaay too much money on P3D add ons as well :) SimStarter NG makes it easier to manage all of it (due to VAS)

XP11 for everything else. I'm in California, nothing currently beats Ortho4XP (ZL18) + US West 'Real life' Autogen (even default xp11 autogen is very good)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think XP looks much better than P3D when you compare stock to stock, or couple freeware additions. I am die hard P3D fan but its even hard for me to deny it that XP11 really has its visual game on point. 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know...I've always found there's something bugging me about xplane scenerery. It looks....too clean. Too many straight lines...too organized...artificial. Like Sim City rather than a real city. The videos above doesn't convince me. Not that FSX or P3D is perfect, but I definetly prefer it. Just my 2 cents. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried X plane 11 off and on for about 2 weeks. I just couldn't get over how poor it looked compared to the P3D I have on my PC. I considered it a major step backwards and finally deleted the demo. 

Sorry Bob - but that can't go unanswered. I wish that my P3D looked as good as this .... but it doesn't.

 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, J.L.Seagull said:

Sorry Bob - but that can't go unanswered. I wish that my P3D looked as good as this .... but it doesn't.

 

Wow, is that a combination of freeware and payware. What's all there that it looks amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use both and have heavily invested in both (although more invested in P3D/FSX). I find myself using P3D about 80% of the time still. I use ortho4xp for Socal with US West Real life but still prefer ORBX Socal. Although I've spent days trying to tweak FSX (probably more time than actual flying), I find I have to spend more time to get XP up and running. I also find the ground modeling of XP way too sensitive and it kills immersion for me. 

I really like XP and am excited for the future, but for now P3D is still my main sim.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Wow, is that a combination of freeware and payware. What's all there that it looks amazing. 

That is bog-standard X-Plane 11 LOWI 'out of the box' Angelo - plus an XP version of Reshade (to give it a bit of extra colour), a photo-overlay of the mountains (courtesy of the freeware Ortho4XP), and a very amateurish video maker. Not a single piece of payware in sight.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.L.Seagull said:

That is bog-standard X-Plane 11 LOWI 'out of the box' Angelo - plus an XP version of Reshade (to give it a bit of extra colour), a photo-overlay of the mountains (courtesy of the freeware Ortho4XP), and a very amateurish video maker. Not a single piece of payware in sight.

Wow, does this mean that every single city/airport looks this way in XP11?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andreh said:

I don't know...I've always found there's something bugging me about xplane scenerery. It looks....too clean. Too many straight lines...too organized...artificial. Like Sim City rather than a real city. The videos above doesn't convince me. Not that FSX or P3D is perfect, but I definetly prefer it. Just my 2 cents. 

A real aerial view of Los Angeles.  A lot of straight lines.
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried X plane 11 off and on for about 2 weeks. I just couldn't get over how poor it looked compared to the P3D I have on my PC. I considered it a major step backwards and finally deleted the demo. 

never take advice from someone like thus post above! who only tried something off an on for X number of weeks as you will not got an honest and unbiased opinion. try it you self for a number of months. i garentee XP will grow on you in leaps and nounds. if if doesn't go bury you're head back in the sand.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some 'not as good as P3D' screenshots for you Bob... 

X-Plane-2017-05-06-00-46-30.jpg

X-Plane-2017-05-06-00-46-16.jpg

X-Plane-2017-04-30-01-21-10.jpg

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also took me a few months to get comfortable with XP.  It's just vastly different and there are tradeoffs.   But even with Orbx regions and airports for P3D , I still think XP11 wins in the visuals department especially if you use Ortho4xp.

but it's just user opinion - bob likes P3D better - no problem with me!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.