Sign in to follow this  

Prepar3D V5 Speculation Thread

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

I don't want it if it's not DX13 ready. :biggrin:

MS has already said that I will skip directly to DirectX 14 because of the bad luck connotations of the number 13.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alan_A said:

If v5 doesn't have rain on the windshield - and also rain seeping through the bad seals on the windshield, that you've got to mop up with high-rez virtual paper towels - I'm out.

Oh my that made my day!

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

4 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Just came from the future, I can confirm compatibility with the Level D 757, PMDG 787, 737 v3, MD11 v2, DC10, and Apple Spaceship.

:) - love the Apple Spaceship!

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Also v.7 will have the new Virtual Bubble Projection System.  By pushing the red button on the monitor you'll be surrounded with a full 360* view without the need of virtual glasses!  Just remember to buckle up when you do this.

1 minute ago, whoispankaj said:

P3D sold off to Dovetail in 2019...:blink:

This is not likely. If present trends continue, there will only be one company in the whole world, Amazon.

• Upvote 1

haha..and then the armchair pilots deliver amazon packages sitting at home for FREE....Amazon will form a sister company called Amazon Virtual....

1 hour ago, rstough said:

Oh my that made my day!

Hi Reed! Any news regarding Sky Force? ;)

Cheers,

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Default aircraft which ship with version 6.0 include the Westland Woodpigeon (Woodpigeon - pronounced: fingerlickingood).

"Fingerlickingood" Ha ha, lmao  ats.:biggrin:  A delicious treat for sure in P3Dv6.0, the Woodpidgeon is the modern flyers choice of choices.

Having just returned from the Time travellers millennial convention at FSCON where most flight simmers are now rocking themselves backward and forward muttering:......................,,
"Wood pidgeon Woodpidgeon - Fingerlickengood".:ph34r:

But as I'm on the (LM beta team for version 10.0), the JSF/F.35 advanced study level full version is still not on par with the Woodpidgeon v2.0, we are gradually working out the kinks for the proposed release date (yet to be announced) - Early access customers were pleased with the initial price point for the product of just $25 bucks for the JSF and 1.5million for P3Dv10. Unfortunately due to some minor issues causing instability in our unique sim technologies, the JSF has since been retired to freeware, as it has inherent issues with the oxygen system causing simmers to enter a state of hypoxia.

Initial sales were well received but due to the diminishing fanbase and lack of timely emergency support, sales figures topped out at just 5units, which fell well short of the 200billion development budget.

LM continue to be market leaders, with great hopes for innovation in early alpha builds for v11.0 where the Woodpidgeon really has a chance to shine.:tongue:

Cheers Jethro

You guys are looking to v.5, what about v.4.1, v4.2. v4.3, v4.4, v4.4a, v.4.4b.................

3 hours ago, rstough said:

Oh my that made my day!

Clearly a sign I've been logging too many hours in Manfred's C-47.

Will let him know we need the leaking windshields in the V4 update... :cool:

8 hours ago, steve howlett said:

i obviously can't go into too much detail as i'm still under a strict NDA .i can however tell you that

V5 has the capabilty to lift your desk and chair off the floor and turn it into a Full Motion simulator.another cool feature that is still in beta is that while flying in thunderstorms water is sprayed out of your monitor onto your 3D glasses .this  gives you the most realistic rain effects possible..

steve

Damn...now THAT was hilarious!  :))))

I see absolutely no reason to give up my FS9 install now that I have it running just perfectly for 20 years. All P3D v5 gives you is some lighting and shadows, but I refuse to have to upgrade from my Windows XP Core Duo setup. Plus I my FS9.995624329 looks just as good. Oh yeah, don't forget, Lockheed Martin is going to take away your licenses eventually once they find out people have been using it for personal simulation. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Classic.  Love this.

12 hours ago, domae001 said:

Time-Travel post from 05/24/2019: With XP12 and its simulation of individual photons for quantum physics based rendering (qpbr) on the horizon, the recently announced "Dovetail Games Flight Sim World meets Train Sim World for Ultimate Sim World" (short: DTGFSWMTSWFUSW) providing cross-vehicle support, and Aerofly launching its own satellite for streaming orthos to your pc 'on the fly', P3Dv5 surely has to deliver. And some people will of course stick with FSX for the time being, because Aerosofts CRJ is about to be released.

I chuckled as I read this post, but when I got to the bit about the CRJ I nearly ###### myself. Well played, Sir.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough