flibberflops

Lockheed Martin P3D V4 Q&A's

Recommended Posts

Hi,

    Does anyone else think that it is very strange that Lockheed Martin are not directly answering questions on V4?

There are many area's about V4 in which people would like clarification and it seems strange to me that most of the answers seem to be coming from bits and pieces from 3rd party developers. That seems a strange way to release the details of a new product?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Could have a lot to do with it not yet being released.  Wait till Tuesday and I expect you'll see activity on the LM Prepar3D forums.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would think that their FIRST priority is getting it out the door. Cannot do that and be online answering endless questions at the same time.

Vic

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Academic License fee $59.95 ???

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I would think that their FIRST priority is getting it out the door. Cannot do that and be online answering endless questions at the same time.

Vic

People ask too much and expect too little in this industry. If you want "customer service" LM is not the place to be. 

Share this post


Link to post

Although, considering a comparison with Microsoft years ago, LM is much more accessible, just not for every little question.

 

Vic

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was going to buy V3 the other day... and had only seen rumors about V4.

Then found out via a post by A2A that V4 was imminent.

I think V2 is great, much better than FSX; however, in my experience, no information before a full release is suspect.

As far as being too busy to communicate?  ... not sure I buy that.

That said, I hope I'm wrong, and expect pretty good things.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

People ask too much and expect too little in this industry. If you want "customer service" LM is not the place to be. 

I'm not sure what kind of "customer  service" you are expecting. Of all the flight sim developers, LM  seems to me to be the most responsive both to customers  and 3rd party developers. Look at who their moderators are for their official message board (Elaine  Dixon and Rob Ainscough). One couldn't  ask for a more knowledgeable  and helpful pair of people. And the members of the actual  development  team answer questions directly. That would be like emailing Apple support and getting a response from an iPhone design engineer.

What LM generally ignores are questions that have answers that are easy to find online. They also do not answer questions  that relate to the myriad of 3rd party addons.

  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That would be like emailing Apple support and getting a response from an iPhone design engineer.

I'm actually surprised more folks from our forums here don't also post up issues and feature requests on the LM forums - it really is incredible getting knowledgeable and insightful feedback, sometimes straight from the devs...

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, turner112 said:

I think V2 is great, much better than FSX; however, in my experience, no information before a full release is suspect.

In LM's case, it's not unusual. If I remember right, v3 also dropped without much fanfare.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

In LM's case, it's not unusual. If I remember right, v3 also dropped without much fanfare.

Well, that's good news!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm not sure what kind of "customer  service" you are expecting. Of all the flight sim developers, LM  seems to me to be the most responsive both to customers  and 3rd party developers. Look at who their moderators are for their official message board (Elaine  Dixon and Rob Ainscough). One couldn't  ask for a more knowledgeable  and helpful pair of people. And the members of the actual  development  team answer questions directly. That would be like emailing Apple support and getting a response from an iPhone design engineer.

What LM generally ignores are questions that have answers that are easy to find online. They also do not answer questions  that relate to the myriad of 3rd party addons.

I am not disputing that. But "customer service" is not lacking for their customers, who are the 3pd's and of course military/commercial clients. I was referencing back to peoples expectation that LM will respond to questions the way a consumer company will, and pointing out why it is a false expectation. Of course they have good moderators, which is fortunate, but hardly customer service. 

Share this post


Link to post

But they do anyway. BTW, guess which corporation is the largest US government  contractor.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now