AviatorMan

FTX Central 3.2 Available

Orbx has just announced that the P3Dv4-compatible FTX Central is now available. Hopefully we will now get some feedback on v4 with Orbx sceneries installed.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's great news, will that be a download or just an update to FTX Central.

bob

just clicked on FTX Central ..updated and migrated to v4.. you now have the option to click  V3 or V4 when central opens.

new libs update as well.

5nUwWoQ.png

Finally, will try it out in an hour when i come home from work. TGIF :)

Disappointing that Orbx didn't follow LM's SDK installation conventions like FSDT and Flightbeam.  The install into P3Dv4 appears the same as the install into P3Dv3.  This is indeed getting messy.  But, the products look awesome in P3Dv4.

I open FTX Central and it just says select a simulator. No way to update.

Just now, slait said:

I just downloaded the new version instead of updating from within the program.

• Upvote 1

Just now, slait said:

Select V4 then intsall, it will copy from V3 if its still available

2 minutes ago, slait said:

Open FTX Central for P3Dv4, then select each product like you would normally and install it from within FTX Central.

4 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I just downloaded the new version instead of updating from within the program.

Thank you, this was correct. There was no opportunity to update FTX Central from within the app. Had to download a fresh copy and all is good.

So if we already bought FTX products and have the actual installers located on our computers, can we install it that way too? I have limited bandwidth and would hate to have to download all my addons again when I already have the installers available.

Each Orbix library needs to be updates as well as FTX Central.

I'm working my way through them now.

I ran FTX it asked to update, selected V4 then it updates Libraries.

Once completed I just selected global all LC's then Areas. It will auto copy from your local source if available.

Took 15 minutes and I have all areas. Edit: apart from Aus

Things are looking up.  Now we just need ASP4 and PMDG.

I guess the next question is , will bad things happen if you download this update and are using version 3.4?

v4 really starting to take shape now Orbx is added

FHUEdCN.jpg

Very impressed with the sideloading from v3, the regions are installing at breakneck speed.

Overall I am amazed at the rapid availability of products for v4, a lot of people have been working on this for months already to make this possible. Dovetail should really take notice how to foster relations with 3rd parties. This is how you make a product a success.

• Upvote 1

FTX Central is quite an efficient installer. It will take files from any existing installations and copy them over to P3D. Here it is copying files from FSX into P3D.

eKy6SMH.png

tzRt3Uk.png

It only had redownload a small portion.

eM5NFZA.png

So if you think FTX Central is hung up somewhere on your download, it's not -- it's just copying files over to reduce your download time and their costly bandwidth.

Sigh, I wish I didn't uninstall P3D v3 then... :( Is there a way to make FTX Central get the necessary files from an external drive? I made a backup of my P3D v3 folder before I uninstalled it off my main computer.

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

Sigh, I wish I didn't uninstall P3D v3 then... :( Is there a way to make FTX Central get the necessary files from an external drive? I made a backup of my P3D v3 folder before I uninstalled it off my main computer.

Note that you only need to reinstall Install_Client.msi for FTX Central to see v3 again. It's only a small download from the Prepar3d website.

Wow I'm impressed at the speed.  I was dreading the thought of spending the day staring at the progress bar.  This is awesome.  Thanks ORBX!

• Upvote 1

It seems like an awful waste of space to copy the Orbx files from P3D3 (or FSX) to P3D4.  Why don't they just use pointers in P3D4 back to the original Orbx files in P3D3?

Do OrbX now abide by the new addon procedures like most other devs seem to be doing? :)

1 minute ago, Greggy_D said:

It seems like an awful waste of space to copy the Orbx files from P3D3 (or FSX) to P3D4.  Why don't they just use pointers in P3D4 back to the original Orbx files in P3D3?

That's what I would love to see. Just use some symbolic links. Oh well....

1 minute ago, Greggy_D said:

I suppose in the case that you want to uninstall V3, which is my case. I was only waiting for Orbx then I will uninstall V3

• Upvote 1