kiwi_biplane

P3Dv4 and Lotus Sim. L-39 - a masterpiece that does not die

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great shots. Did you just point the installer to P3Dv4 or did you have to do additional tasks to get it working?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fwerff said:

Great shots. Did you just point the installer to P3Dv4 or did you have to do additional tasks to get it working?

Thank you, guys!

I did not use the installer. I have saved files from the FSX that I manually transferred to the appropriate folders of the new simulator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know, I never installed it in any version of p3d, didn't know it worked but I'll give it a shot now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet shots.  That is a classic, fabulous addon!  I remember the huge thread when it was discovered as a WIP over at sim outhouse lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you'll find that some of the L-39 sounds are missing in P3D V4.There's a sound dll that won't run in 64 bit without a recompiling. It's a DD based sound gauge, so maybe it can be substituted for a variant (since I can't imagine Lotus Sims would be upgrading this gauge). Fortunately, the missing sounds are not too major.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to know that it works in P3D V4. This is one of my all time favorite addons for FSX. I hope someone can convert the sound module. Thanks for sharing!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06.06.2017 at 2:49 PM, TurboTomato said:

Что небо и облака текстуры вы используете там?

Sky textures - "Set My VFR" .  The file "cumulus01" is "FEX set naturally dence".  The cloudiness of the upper layer is REX4, set 01.

On 06.06.2017 at 4:15 PM, odourboy said:

I think you'll find that some of the L-39 sounds are missing in P3D V4.There's a sound dll that won't run in 64 bit without a recompiling. It's a DD based sound gauge, so maybe it can be substituted for a variant (since I can't imagine Lotus Sims would be upgrading this gauge). Fortunately, the missing sounds are not too major.

Thanks for the help. Indeed, there are minor problem, but, fortunately, they do not prevent the L-39 from climbing into the virtual sky P3D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dropping in here to say, wow, awesome shots Kiwi, and also to say thanks for your awesome Sky Texture sets. I tried to send you an email from your site to say thanks, but it didn't work.. anyways, thanks again for making your sky textures available to all. They look amazing in P3D v4.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stripealipe said:

Just dropping in here to say, wow, awesome shots Kiwi, and also to say thanks for your awesome Sky Texture sets. I tried to send you an email from your site to say thanks, but it didn't work.. anyways, thanks again for making your sky textures available to all. They look amazing in P3D v4.

 

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Thanks a million for the sun effects! It looks good even in my 10 year old FSX. :biggrin:.Jose

Many thanks! I am very pleased that you liked my work.
Now you can try out my new cloud textures in your simulators FSX or P3D.
Successful flights!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody have a [P3v4] fix for the strobe lights? They're kind of all over the place - and are part of the .mdl, by the looks of it.

Adam.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Does anybody have a [P3v4] fix for the strobe lights? They're kind of all over the place - and are part of the .mdl, by the looks of it.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

It would be wonderful if someone could fix the strobes. I'd also like to see the red panel lights improved. Other than that, it's pretty amazing that it works in v4.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2017 at 0:17 PM, kiwi_biplane said:

Thank you, guys!

I did not use the installer. I have saved files from the FSX that I manually transferred to the appropriate folders of the new simulator.

 

On 6/6/2017 at 3:15 PM, odourboy said:

I think you'll find that some of the L-39 sounds are missing in P3D V4.There's a sound dll that won't run in 64 bit without a recompiling. It's a DD based sound gauge, so maybe it can be substituted for a variant (since I can't imagine Lotus Sims would be upgrading this gauge). Fortunately, the missing sounds are not too major.

 

If you are missing the sounds in the airplane, just download the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64 gauge from here https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Then rename it to L39_sound.dll and place it in the gauge folder of the sim (overwrite the fsx 32bit version). In the panel.cfg of the L39 look up for the following line in the [Vcockpit01] section and amend it as follows:

gauge01=L39_sound!Sound, 1,1,1,1, .\SimObjects\Airplanes\Lotus L-39\sound\L39sound.ini

...

you will then have also the click sound of the switches. Similar actually to the Realair Duke and Legacy, which also work in V4 thanks to Doug's sound gauge.

Cheers,

Chris

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if the Lotus VC window fogging/icing effect shows up in P3DV4?

Thanks,

gb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:17 AM, kiwi_biplane said:

Thank you, guys!

I did not use the installer. I have saved files from the FSX that I manually transferred to the appropriate folders of the new simulator.

May I ask, which files should be transferred over, besides the obvious ones that should be transferred over to Simobjects\Airplanes? 

Thank you.

Stew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2017 at 12:50 AM, gboz said:

Anyone know if the Lotus VC window fogging/icing effect shows up in P3DV4?

Thanks,

gb.

Oh yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember quite what's in HERE Stewart but there's everything you need. Included is a 64bit sound file.

 

Just a quick reference back to the strobe lights. I did have a faff with them but gave up. I've learned to switch them off. Small price to pay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

I can't remember quite what's in HERE Stewart but there's everything you need. Included is a 64bit sound file.

 

Just a quick reference back to the strobe lights. I did have a faff with them but gave up. I've learned to switch them off. Small price to pay.

Thank you, Ron.  Appreciate your time and trouble.  These files should work nicely!  The only one I wouldn't have guessed was the Effects folder.

Stew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 1:21 PM, Ron Attwood said:

I can't remember quite what's in HERE Stewart but there's everything you need. Included is a 64bit sound file.

 

Just a quick reference back to the strobe lights. I did have a faff with them but gave up. I've learned to switch them off. Small price to pay.

Thanks Ron

It worked very well !

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Thanks Ron

It worked very well !

Joe

I'm pleased. It's too nice to leave behind eh?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now