Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

Where Simmers hail from

2 hours ago, Saucey12 said:

Nice are you up around Huntsville or Muscle Shoals?  Great area up there

Yes sir.  Just north of Huntsville, almost to the Tennessee line. 

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

LMAO!

I have a U.S. Southern accent, meaning that nobody understands me, and everyone laughs at me! 

I'm so used to that accent now, I have no problem with it.  Potatoes are "Taters", Tomatoes are "Maters", Windows are "Winders" and what you are looking for is always "Over yonder":happy:

18 hours ago, Wobbie said:

'm another South African, from Cape Town.

Our local International airport is Cape Town International, FACT, & we have a local Air Force base, Ysterplaat, FAYP, where we have a great museum, with an Avro Shackleton that gets pulled out of her hanger on the last day of every month for engine start-ups. She is the only MR3 left, & will never fly again.

We also have a Shackleton as well as an Impala simulator at our clubhouse on the base. Visitors very welcome!

The last time I saw a Shackleton flying was when I was doing my National Service in the SAN, We were off Madagascar doing survey work on the old SAS NATAL, a hydrographic survey ship, when the SAAF did a mail drop.  What a beautiful sight and sound, never to be forgotten.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

2 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

I'm so used to that accent now, I have no problem with it.  Potatoes are "Taters", Tomatoes are "Maters", Windows are "Winders" and what you are looking for is always "Over yonder"

hahahahahahahaha

I'ma gonna do a flight, yant to?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm in Ireland, just outside a small town called Ardee, it's about 40 miles North of Dublin.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

No way Neal!  Just no way I'm not going to believe we have flight simmers in Ireland!

Always good to see you my friend.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

No way Neal!  Just no way I'm not going to believe we have flight simmers in Ireland!

Always good to see you my friend.

There's not many of us, it's true. There's a few on Avsim though, including the wonderfully helpful Elaine (Poppet).

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

35 minutes ago, nealmac said:

There's a few on Avsim though, including the wonderfully helpful Elaine (Poppet).

I knew there was something really special about Elaine (besides being extremely devoted to our hobby)!  Now I know what it is!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

I'm from England... originally from just outside London but now further into Kent, just down the road from Rochester Airport (EGTO) in the Medway Towns

Eastern Iowa (yes, we do have a few computers in Iowa). If you want to try out VR flying stop by my place some time.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

~300m straight line to LPPT. This means Lisboa, Portugal.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

born in Kent just south of London to the sound of spitfires dogfighting overhead giving my age away, now retired ex maniacal engineer, and now living in north Manchester.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg