Jovabra

Aerosoft & CRJ 700/900

Recommended Posts

Again 2 months delay Aerosoft & CRJ700/900

This product will be released on 28 September 2017 acc there website

A never ending story

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

These dates don't mean anything. They explained that many times. Do yourself a favour and forget about that aircraft or at least don't wait for it. Will be better for your nerves. This thing is a joke. Not the aircraft itself but the communication part certainly is.

Share this post


Link to post

Where exactly did you get a date from? If it's from the website at Aerosoft, that date has no leeway with regards to actual release projections... it's been explained numerous times at Aerosoft forums, that the date is only a placeholder.

See here this quote from their forums regarding this:

Quote

How often does it need to be told that the announced release date in the shop is not to be taken serious? It is just a place holder. So please ignore it, and take all relevant information from this topic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

This thing is a joke. Not the aircraft itself but the communication part certainly is.

That's a bit harsh and unfair to be honest... it's not a joke... If you've look through the topic at the Aerosoft forums, the project was taken over from Digital Aviation to Aerosoft... It's taken quite a bit of time more, than it should - I'll give you that. Also, having only one programmer on the project seem to have delayed the project quite a bit :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

If you've look through the topic at the Aerosoft forums...

That's exactly what I did when I was bored the other day. You should really read it from the beginning in 2010 ("will be released this summer") till now. That really opens your eyes. After that it is hard to say something nice about the CRJ. After 2010 they said so many times that a release is near. So either they don't know what they are talking about or they are lying, it has to be one of those.

Who wants to bet, that it will not be released 2017 as well? :)

And don't forget I am only talking about their "marketing". The developer is not to blame as it takes clearly that long to build such a plane alone.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

Well - waiting hasn't cost me a dime - it should be a high quality aircraft based on past experience with DA (Hans is a perfectionist) - they've already stated it should be reasonably priced in line with their other commercial air offerings - personally I applaud openness of Aerosoft's development efforts - warts and all... This is one I've been waiting for since I can't use my ERJ in P3D and I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up when done if well received... I can wait...

Regards,
Scott  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

That's exactly what I did when I was bored the other day. You should really read it from the beginning in 2010 ("will be released this summer") till now. That really opens your eyes. After that it is hard to say something nice about the CRJ. After 2010 they said so many times that a release is near. So either they don't know what they are talking about or they are lying, it has to be one of those.

Who wants to bet, that it will not be released 2017 as well? :)

And don't forget I am only talking about their "marketing". The developer is not to blame as it takes clearly that long to build such a plane alone.

 

I have read that thread multiple times from start to finish.

I'll agree with you that much as to their marketing department haven't been the most lucky with regards to the announcements made about the CRJ... Their countdown wasn't their finest hour - I'm sure Mathijs would be the first to agree. But to state, that they've been saying that release is near many times is just not right. To this date - a couple. 

Regarding release - well, I'll take it as it's released when it's released... kinda like QualityWings Boeing 787, FSLabs A320-X for Prepar3D V4 etc... 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, officercrockey said:

This thing is a joke. Not the aircraft itself but the communication part certainly is.

I concur 100%.  I will buy the plane when it is released, but the project has been an absolute cluster you-know-what.  We're coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the infamous countdown.  How on earth do you go from a countdown that was about two weeks away to still waiting nearly two years later?

The same thing with the Airbus 320 P3D4 update.  They initially thought June and now it is tagged for August.  There is no way possible to make August, especially with the amount of new code that is going to be in the product.  Is there even a single realist on their communications team?

I also seriously doubt we'll see the 330 before the end of 2017.  Heck, they are still working on the panels this month.

Share this post


Link to post

i gave up on the CRJ months ago and bought the TFDi B717. It's a nice companion to the PMDG aircraft. What really pushed me over the edge was that Aerosoft turned the CRJ preview thread into a comedy show.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

I concur 100%.  I will buy the plane when it is released, but the project has been an absolute cluster you-know-what.  We're coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the infamous countdown.  How on earth do you go from a countdown that was about two weeks away to still waiting nearly two years later?

The same thing with the Airbus 320 P3D4 update.  They initially thought June and now it is tagged for August.  There is no way possible to make August, especially with the amount of new code that is going to be in the product.  Is there even a single realist on their communications team?

I also seriously doubt we'll see the 330 before the end of 2017.  Heck, they are still working on the panels this month.

 Yeah, it is not like they learned anything from the CRJ. It was October 2015 when Matthijs said: "We still hope to release the A330 in 2015"... Imagine that. I remember that very clearly. Unfortunately you can't find that now in the previews thread as they started it new in 2016 ("We plan to release it in 2016" :D) And you are right, it will not be 2017, that is quite sure. Like you, I don't even think, the A320 will make it to P3Dv4 this year.

I am not sure, if they are not realistic or if it is some kind of tactic. When FSL releases their A320 for P3D, people will have to decide which Airbus it will be. And if you are honest and say: "ours will need six more months" people will buy the other one... This opens another topic. The release dates in their shop... they always say it has to be there... but does it?? It might have to be in the background. But does it have to be shown? Certainly not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

are these not the same guys that did the Fokker 100 and Fokker 70 airliners currently sold by Flight1, people are still waiting for the VC to arrive,might be wrong but if they are it doesn't show interest or determination to finish a product,the last post by the people  on Simforums who took over the development of the Fokker was as far as i can find in 2010!,I wouldn't hold your breath waiting to see it finished,shame because a good CRJ would in my opinion do well

Peter

Share this post


Link to post

I`m not quite sure, probably there`s not a huge team behind the project, just a one man show (Hans Hartmann) for programming of systems/gauges. If you have such a long development time, there`s always a risk to run into a big problem. In the meantime the general Addon standard raises and raises, so some of the CRJ features probably had to be redone. Which takes additional time.

However, I`m sure they want to release it as much as we want it 😊

Mike

Share this post


Link to post

Projected release dates for software - and especially Airbus add-ons for flight simulators - are always laughably inaccurate and over-optimistic and the Aerosoft CRJ saga has of course become so farcical that it's practically a meme amongst flight simmers. Frankly, I learned a long time ago that won't do yourself any favours at all if you waste time checking out forums and waiting for updates on news etc where any upcoming product is concerned, it just leads to exasperation most of the time. The last time I engaged in observing that was when FSL were feeding their forum speculation on the allegedly 'imminent' release of their A320, and that went on for a couple of years as I recall, at which point I gave up with the anticipation game and just waited until it came out, which was about another a year or so later. So I don't bother with following any of that stuff unless I happen to chance upon something reasonably 'concrete'; I find it's preferable to wait until you see an 'it's been released' thread on here or some other general flight sim forum. Such forums tend to filter out the bull**** prevalent on dedicated product forums which are full of 'when?' posts, much of which is encouraged in order to generate interest. There are better things to do with your time than fret over the release of a toy aeroplane which might, and often does, take years to show up, and especially when you've already got a ton of other ones sat in your virtual hangar gathering virtual dust. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

(...) Aerosoft turned the CRJ preview thread into a comedy show.

This.

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe 3D Realms took control of the project a couple of years ago? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post

I think the funny thing is the CRJ won't even sell that well.

Share this post


Link to post

I am sorry but I have seen the more professional side of software engineers who work feverously to meet a concrete launch date because the delivery of a new sim will not wait for an "it's done when it's done" amateur attitude. People get fired and it costs my company millions to miss a launch. Not to mention a chink in our very high professional reputation.

Because it is entertainment, means they get a free pass and don't have to be professional?!? I am sorry but these companies deserve to get blasted. Maybe if those who report on these companies started holding them accountable for missed launched dates as opposed to pandering to them then the companies would start to act like professionals again.

Not just picking on Aerosoft here, there are a few others, some who took peoples money years ago and still fail to deliver... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, ukplane1 said:

I think the funny thing is the CRJ won't even sell that well.

What makes you think that? Just curious...

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, KenG said:

I am sorry but I have seen the more professional side of software engineers who work feverously to meet a concrete launch date because the delivery of a new sim will not wait for an "it's done when it's done" amateur attitude. People get fired and it costs my company millions to miss a launch. Not to mention a chink in our very high professional reputation.

Because it is entertainment, means they get a free pass and don't have to be professional?!? I am sorry but these companies deserve to get blasted. Maybe if those who report on these companies started holding them accountable for missed launched dates as opposed to pandering to them then the companies would start to act like professionals again.

Not just picking on Aerosoft here, there are a few others, some who took peoples money years ago and still fail to deliver... 

Well, so long as it is companies which have had some money of us, then yes, I'd agree they deserve to get slammed and it is in fact for that very reason why there are one or two flight sim add-on developers (and that includes some big names) which have had their last cent off me, so more often than not, I simply vote with my wallet.

I agree too, it probably is a case of some laziness or a sloppy work ethic which contributes to some of the delays we see with many bits of software, although we also have to bear in mind that not every developer is full time.

Having said that, if I did the kind of a half-arsed job which I see in some flight sim add-ons in my own line of work, I'd be in real trouble and out of work in a matter of days. Moreover, when I used to write for daily newspapers, there was no such thing as missing a deadline or saying you 'couldn't do it', you got the thing done, it was as simple as that, and if you couldn't hack it, you'd be gone. It was a tough regime of course, but it was one which got people good at their jobs quickly because the sink or swim environment determined whether one remained in employment. I find that anyone who isn't pathetic at their job doesn't mind that regime at all and in fact takes pride in it.

Share this post


Link to post

The CRJ most certainly will sell quite well.... 2 Reasons.... Major gap in the market for a quality RJ because lets call a spade a spade, Wilco is not high end with the Embraer stuff and 3... It's Aerosoft..... Say what you want about Aerosoft because you are annoyed at how long it is taking but they develop quality. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ryan Spel said:

The CRJ most certainly will sell quite well.... 2 Reasons.... Major gap in the market for a quality RJ because lets call a spade a spade, Wilco is not high end with the Embraer stuff and 3... It's Aerosoft..... Say what you want about Aerosoft because you are annoyed at how long it is taking but they develop quality. 

Additionally, it's a short hauler - fits people's available time and it's also reasonably poplular in Europe and the US.  I could't imagine it selling any less than the Airbus did.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

The CRJ will sell well. The demand  is there because the short haul market is thin. And that is probably  why Aerosoft is not pressured to release it unless they are completely  satisfied with the final product. PMDG has set a high bar for flight sim airliners and this influences the rest of the market. What will really interest me is whether after all the fine tuning and tinkering that Aerosoft  has put into the CRJ, is whether they will put the same level of effort into their Airbus update for V4.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ukplane1 said:

I think the funny thing is the CRJ won't even sell that well.

Hmmmm....riiiiiight.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I should think a decent simulation of the good old Lawndart will sell well enough, the fact that people are still whining about its long overdue status instead of just giving up on it means they are evidently interested, and whatever we say, the fact is most Aerosoft stuff is of excellent quality when it does eventually make it out of the development hangar. It is somewhat ironic that many airlines have actually started to retire their earlier model CRJs before the thing is even out though lol, it makes Level D's infamous development timetable lethargy look like Speedy Gonzalez.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/25/2017 at 10:12 AM, Greggy_D said:

There is no way possible to make August, especially with the amount of new code that is going to be in the product.

Called it.  The existing Airbus line is now TBA.  And it has a new name:

 

Aerosoft A320/A321 Edition 2018  tba             Full P3D V4 features

Aerosoft A318/A319 Edition 2018  tba             Full P3D V4 features

Aerosoft A330 Edition 2018       tba             Full P3D V4 features

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/123481-whats-p3d-v4-compatible/

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now