Sign in to follow this  
Jovabra

Aerosoft & CRJ 700/900

Again 2 months delay Aerosoft & CRJ700/900

This product will be released on 28 September 2017 acc there website

A never ending story

These dates don't mean anything. They explained that many times. Do yourself a favour and forget about that aircraft or at least don't wait for it. Will be better for your nerves. This thing is a joke. Not the aircraft itself but the communication part certainly is.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Where exactly did you get a date from? If it's from the website at Aerosoft, that date has no leeway with regards to actual release projections... it's been explained numerous times at Aerosoft forums, that the date is only a placeholder.

See here this quote from their forums regarding this:

How often does it need to be told that the announced release date in the shop is not to be taken serious? It is just a place holder. So please ignore it, and take all relevant information from this topic.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

5 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

This thing is a joke. Not the aircraft itself but the communication part certainly is.

That's a bit harsh and unfair to be honest... it's not a joke... If you've look through the topic at the Aerosoft forums, the project was taken over from Digital Aviation to Aerosoft... It's taken quite a bit of time more, than it should - I'll give you that. Also, having only one programmer on the project seem to have delayed the project quite a bit :laugh:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

14 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

If you've look through the topic at the Aerosoft forums...

That's exactly what I did when I was bored the other day. You should really read it from the beginning in 2010 ("will be released this summer") till now. That really opens your eyes. After that it is hard to say something nice about the CRJ. After 2010 they said so many times that a release is near. So either they don't know what they are talking about or they are lying, it has to be one of those.

Who wants to bet, that it will not be released 2017 as well? :)

And don't forget I am only talking about their "marketing". The developer is not to blame as it takes clearly that long to build such a plane alone.

Hi Folks,

Well - waiting hasn't cost me a dime - it should be a high quality aircraft based on past experience with DA (Hans is a perfectionist) - they've already stated it should be reasonably priced in line with their other commercial air offerings - personally I applaud openness of Aerosoft's development efforts - warts and all... This is one I've been waiting for since I can't use my ERJ in P3D and I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up when done if well received... I can wait...

Regards,
Scott  

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

14 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

That's exactly what I did when I was bored the other day. You should really read it from the beginning in 2010 ("will be released this summer") till now. That really opens your eyes. After that it is hard to say something nice about the CRJ. After 2010 they said so many times that a release is near. So either they don't know what they are talking about or they are lying, it has to be one of those.

Who wants to bet, that it will not be released 2017 as well? :)

And don't forget I am only talking about their "marketing". The developer is not to blame as it takes clearly that long to build such a plane alone.

I have read that thread multiple times from start to finish.

I'll agree with you that much as to their marketing department haven't been the most lucky with regards to the announcements made about the CRJ... Their countdown wasn't their finest hour - I'm sure Mathijs would be the first to agree. But to state, that they've been saying that release is near many times is just not right. To this date - a couple. 

Regarding release - well, I'll take it as it's released when it's released... kinda like QualityWings Boeing 787, FSLabs A320-X for Prepar3D V4 etc... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 hour ago, officercrockey said:

This thing is a joke. Not the aircraft itself but the communication part certainly is.

I concur 100%.  I will buy the plane when it is released, but the project has been an absolute cluster you-know-what.  We're coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the infamous countdown.  How on earth do you go from a countdown that was about two weeks away to still waiting nearly two years later?

The same thing with the Airbus 320 P3D4 update.  They initially thought June and now it is tagged for August.  There is no way possible to make August, especially with the amount of new code that is going to be in the product.  Is there even a single realist on their communications team?

I also seriously doubt we'll see the 330 before the end of 2017.  Heck, they are still working on the panels this month.

i gave up on the CRJ months ago and bought the TFDi B717. It's a nice companion to the PMDG aircraft. What really pushed me over the edge was that Aerosoft turned the CRJ preview thread into a comedy show.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

I concur 100%.  I will buy the plane when it is released, but the project has been an absolute cluster you-know-what.  We're coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the infamous countdown.  How on earth do you go from a countdown that was about two weeks away to still waiting nearly two years later?

The same thing with the Airbus 320 P3D4 update.  They initially thought June and now it is tagged for August.  There is no way possible to make August, especially with the amount of new code that is going to be in the product.  Is there even a single realist on their communications team?

I also seriously doubt we'll see the 330 before the end of 2017.  Heck, they are still working on the panels this month.

Yeah, it is not like they learned anything from the CRJ. It was October 2015 when Matthijs said: "We still hope to release the A330 in 2015"... Imagine that. I remember that very clearly. Unfortunately you can't find that now in the previews thread as they started it new in 2016 ("We plan to release it in 2016" :D) And you are right, it will not be 2017, that is quite sure. Like you, I don't even think, the A320 will make it to P3Dv4 this year.

I am not sure, if they are not realistic or if it is some kind of tactic. When FSL releases their A320 for P3D, people will have to decide which Airbus it will be. And if you are honest and say: "ours will need six more months" people will buy the other one... This opens another topic. The release dates in their shop... they always say it has to be there... but does it?? It might have to be in the background. But does it have to be shown? Certainly not.

• Upvote 1

are these not the same guys that did the Fokker 100 and Fokker 70 airliners currently sold by Flight1, people are still waiting for the VC to arrive,might be wrong but if they are it doesn't show interest or determination to finish a product,the last post by the people  on Simforums who took over the development of the Fokker was as far as i can find in 2010!,I wouldn't hold your breath waiting to see it finished,shame because a good CRJ would in my opinion do well

Peter

I`m not quite sure, probably there`s not a huge team behind the project, just a one man show (Hans Hartmann) for programming of systems/gauges. If you have such a long development time, there`s always a risk to run into a big problem. In the meantime the general Addon standard raises and raises, so some of the CRJ features probably had to be redone. Which takes additional time.

However, I`m sure they want to release it as much as we want it 😊

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Projected release dates for software - and especially Airbus add-ons for flight simulators - are always laughably inaccurate and over-optimistic and the Aerosoft CRJ saga has of course become so farcical that it's practically a meme amongst flight simmers. Frankly, I learned a long time ago that won't do yourself any favours at all if you waste time checking out forums and waiting for updates on news etc where any upcoming product is concerned, it just leads to exasperation most of the time. The last time I engaged in observing that was when FSL were feeding their forum speculation on the allegedly 'imminent' release of their A320, and that went on for a couple of years as I recall, at which point I gave up with the anticipation game and just waited until it came out, which was about another a year or so later. So I don't bother with following any of that stuff unless I happen to chance upon something reasonably 'concrete'; I find it's preferable to wait until you see an 'it's been released' thread on here or some other general flight sim forum. Such forums tend to filter out the bull**** prevalent on dedicated product forums which are full of 'when?' posts, much of which is encouraged in order to generate interest. There are better things to do with your time than fret over the release of a toy aeroplane which might, and often does, take years to show up, and especially when you've already got a ton of other ones sat in your virtual hangar gathering virtual dust. 

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

17 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

(...) Aerosoft turned the CRJ preview thread into a comedy show.

This.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Maybe 3D Realms took control of the project a couple of years ago? :laugh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png