Sign in to follow this  
ieydis

Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 Released!!!

Please don't get this topic locked. It's great for CRJ discussion not useless fights about the auto throttle.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ark said:

In an a/c like the CRJ that uses a FMS but does not have an autothrottle (I think this is the case for the CRJ in the RW as well), am I correct that the FMS still provides target airspeed info to meet, for example, a waypoint airspeed restriction or to meet descent or climb requirements, and it is just up to the pilot to manage the throttles accordingly? Is there an associated airspeed display somewhere to let the pilot know if the a/c is meeting the FMS airspeed target?

Thx,

Al.

An FMS has a database which can store data like speed and altitude restrictions for certain SIDs and STARs etc. With the CRJ you can see these restrictions on the CDU and/or on the MFD MAP display. You as a pilot rotate the knob on the FCP that controls the speedbug on the PFD speedscale.

There is no auto function of this speedbug to show you what you should fly. The CRJ FMS also does not have CI so you just fly the speed that you want or is in the OFP or is giving by an variable speed planning app on the EFB (RW).

Flying the CRJ speed wise is the same as flying an C152 for that matter.

9 minutes ago, Flyer024 said:

Flying the CRJ speed wise is the same as flying an C152 for that matter.

Well...sorta.  You can dial in a speed on descent and the aircraft will pitch to maintain this at a given thrust.  Of course you would still need to then watch for your altitude constraints but this can be handled by chasing the "banana" as per the youtube video in the earlier post.

Yah its rudimentary....

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Is there a way to disabled these pre-defined views? Especially the Ctrl + Shift + Number?

I have these Ctrl + Shift + Num. assigned to different Ezdok views using a Logitech G13 and it has messed up my view system.

Even if I have to comment them out on the aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg

PRE-DEFINED VIEWS
The CRJ700 / CRJ900 has limited 2d-panels. Instead a set of pre-defined views is available which are like a 2d-
panel. The following list shows the available views and their respective key assignment / hot key. Of course,
these views can be undocked and moved to other monitors.
You can click all the displays to undock them to 2d panels.
Hot Key View
Shift + 1 Captain’s VFR View
Shift + 2 CPT Overhead Panel
Shift + 3 CPT Standard View
Shift + 4 CPT FCP (Autopilot)
Shift + 5 CPT Full Panel (like CPT Standard with CDU in view additionally)
Shift + 6 CPT MCDU
Shift + 7 CPT Engine Controls
Shift + 8 CPT Centre Console
Shift + 9 MCDU Popup window
Ctrl + Plus MFD decrease range (CPT)
Ctrl + Minus MFD increase range (CPT)
Shift + Q Toggle HUD
Ctrl + W Toggle HGS
F10 Overhead Panel (like a 2d panel)
F11 FCP (like a 2d panel)
F12 MCDU (like a 2D panel with PFD/MFD in view)
Ctrl + Shift + 1 Toggle MCDU Keyboard Input (CPT)
Ctrl + Shift + 2 Toggle MCDU Keyboard Input (FO)
Ctrl + Shift + 3 Switch MFD to HSI format
Ctrl + Shift + 4 Switch MFD to NAV format
Ctrl + Shift + 5 Switch MFD to MAP format
Ctrl + Shift + 6 Switch MFD to PLAN format
Ctrl + Shift + 7 Switch MFD to TCAS format
Ctrl + Shift + 8 Switch MFD to WXR format

Question regarding Thrust:

I know that the CRJ has no A/T system, so controlling thrust by the pilot is essential. I am using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro at the moment and as some of you may know the thrust axis is - well - not too good. So, will this limit my experience? I am thinking about the Thrustmaster Warthog for a log time now and this may be the last push to buy it :-)

I have the Warthog and have no problems with setting a certain cruise N1. The only problem you will encounter is setting a good cruise N1 that will not have you overspeeding or stalling after 3 minutes after leaving the throttle alone. Hans did say he is looking for a way to make joysticks with a small range throttle axis behave better in the sim but first in SP2 or so. Go for the Warthog I would say, you will not regret it. I have been flying one since it was released and it is still going strong like day one.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

So what?  It's flight simulation, therefore people can do whatever they want to do.  If some simmers are happy flying "auto everything", so be it.

Hi Folks,

Concur - but then this would be the wrong plane for them to choose...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

20 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Concur - but then this would be the wrong plane for them to choose...

Regards,

Scott

Speed hold is not necessarily meant to be "arcade" - I would appreciate the feature for the times I have to leave my computer unattended - or is the CRJ the wrong plane for me to choose in case I still have a real life ...   ;-)

Hi...

LOL - buy it - don't buy it - it's certainly your prerogative - but wanting the developer to add unrealistic features would be akin to telling PMDG to put a GNS430 into a 777 because the FMC is a bit too complicated... I'd prefer they stay as true to the real deal as practical - you may feel differently and that's ok too...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 3

Scott, you know exactly that what I mean is something like the PMDG autocruise feature, just much, much simpler - nobody watches their PMDG plane doing the autocruise; the planes autocruise when we are away from our PCs; as soon as we return we switch the autocruise off again ...

(Of course those who don't can't be helped :tongue:)

Hi...

The only PMDG I own is the B1900 so I'm not really familiar with their products or features... We probably just fly differently - - - I'm more GA centric and favor shorter hops - my two favorite "modern" airliners are the Coolsky MD-80 and the Feelthere ERJ (no autothrottle) - sadly missing from P3D - so I'm just used to it... I never use time compression and I never walk away - therefore all my flights have to be less than two hours... Obviously I don't do long hauls...

Can't you just use the keyboard shortcut for speed hold - would that work ?

I was under the impression that people were requesting the autopilot be changed - creating an unrealistic speed hold button or knob to set your speed ?

It's all good - just my 2 cents - take it for what it's worth...

Regards,
Scott 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

(...)

Can't you just use the keyboard shortcut for speed hold - would that work ?

I was under the impression that people were requesting the autopilot be changed - creating a speed hold button or knob to set your speed ?

It's all good - just posted my 2 cents - take it for what it's worth...

Regards,
Scott 

No prob, Scott.

Currently the default speed hold is disabled in the CRJ; Hans Hartmann is pondering to re-enable it:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/125843-have-your-virtual-co-pilot-manage-your-throttles/&do=findComment&comment=833513

Use it or leave it - just like the A/T cheat in the fabulous feelThere ERJs! (yes, they have that feature, too!)

Oliver

2 minutes ago, The Undecided said:

Use it or leave it - just like the A/T cheat in the fabulous feelThere ERJs! (yes, they have that feature, too!)

Hi Oliver,

Hah - see - I didn't even know that and I flew the wings off that plane - LOL - if it's done like that - all good !!!

:biggrin:

Regards,
Scott

10 minutes ago, The Undecided said:

No prob, Scott.

Currently the default speed hold is disabled in the CRJ; Hans Hartmann is pondering to re-enable it:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/125843-have-your-virtual-co-pilot-manage-your-throttles/&do=findComment&comment=833513

Oliver

Is there an A/T cheat for the ERJ145s? Do tell...I won't use it but good to know. :biggrin:

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

In most aircraft, you can set [Autothrottle=1] in the [autopilot] section of the aircraft.cfg, and then use the keyboard shortcut to turn on A/T and hold the current speed. (Shift+R by default, I believe).

Seriously though, the amount of people asking for autothrottles (integrated or as 'cheats') in a CRJ !! 

- I agree with Scott.   If you're asking for an authrottle in a real world regional aircraft that doesn't have an autothrottle, it's probably not the plane for you!

• Upvote 6

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)