Woozie

FSLabs A320-X P3Dv4 video preview

Recommended Posts

Looks promising. The preview mainly focuses on the new sound engine for 64bit P3D. They will release another video showing VC features shortly

No ETA yet but its in advanced beta stage. Who knows, we might even see it before 2018 ;)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Love the cabin announcements, music, etc!    I do wish there was an option though where you could here a muted version of these within in the VC (as thought the flight deck door were open).

[EDIT:  Should have got to the end of the vid before posting - looks like this will now be an option, through the PA speaker in the cockpit! :)]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice! I really think I am going to get this one!

What I am not too fond of though are the random clicks and coughs and things like that: that all may sound nice and realistic the first time but after a few times you know when the coughs are coming and it gets fake and annoying. But well, afaik (and hope) those sounds can be muted in the VC. Apart from that things sound very great!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JYW said:

Love the cabin announcements, music, etc!    I do wish there was an option though where you could here a muted version of these within in the VC (as thought the flight deck door were open).

[EDIT:  Should have got to the end of the vid before posting - looks like this will now be an option, through the PA speaker in the cockpit! :)]

Thats in the current version already, even though its not really documented. You just need to activate the channel and turn up the PA volume. 

The new feature is the recording capability, seems you can record the captain's announcement on the fly in the VC and then play it in the cabin, neat

"Ladies and Gents, from the Flightdeck, this is your captain speaking. I'm just going through the tutorial and once i figured out what all those fancy buttons are doing we are ready to go. Thanks to the 64bit upgrade its quite likely that we actually arrive at our destination without running out of memory. Sit back, relax and enjoy your flight!"

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Thats in the current version already, even though its not really documented. You just need to activate the channel and turn up the PA volume. 

The new feature is the recording capability, seems you can record the captain's announcement on the fly in the VC and then play it in the cabin, neat

"Ladies and Gents, from the Flightdeck, this is your captain speaking. I'm just going through the tutorial and once i figured out what all those fancy buttons are doing we are ready to go. Thanks to the 64bit upgrade its quite likely that we actually arrive at our destination without running out of memory. Sit back, relax and enjoy your flight!"

Well said  :ha:

 

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want it now :wub:

All the cabin sound you cannot here in the VC. Unless you turn ON and up the PA Volume. 

There is more than enough sounds in the VC to keep everyone happy, even without all the new sounds that will take it to another level.

Even after countless times I still love Pressing the Ground power switch to ON, from C&D start up. :wub:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first time I have heard the 'barking dog' sound like I think it should. Also kudos for the growl as the engines spool up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cnc3 said:

This is the first time I have heard the 'barking dog' sound like I think it should. Also kudos for the growl as the engines spool up.

Damm, I was hoping someone would come along and say " could you hear that dog in the background?" nvm :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I had a nickle for the number of times a PAX has said that to me after a flight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, I will be laughing hard if FSLabs will have their complex A320 ready for P3Dv4 before the other company offering a much less complex A320 and delaying it because it is soooo complicated to have it ready for v4...

HA, a quick check in their forums already gave me the answer: of course, the A320 coming for P3Dv4 is a brand new product, not an update. What was I thinking, oh dear...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched the video and what caught my was the effects of the engine fans turning.  It starts to turn real nice and realistic then suddenly the texture turns black as if the fans are turning at high speed.  I don't understand this?  Is this a limitation on the time the effect has?  I see this on all sorts of turbofan effects.  To me, this immediately takes me out of "immersion mode".  I recall one model where it did a natural wind up to full speed.... took probably a good minute or two.  Same with shutting down. 

Does anyone else notice this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

I just watched the video and what caught my was the effects of the engine fans turning.  It starts to turn real nice and realistic then suddenly the texture turns black as if the fans are turning at high speed.  I don't understand this?  Is this a limitation on the time the effect has?  I see this on all sorts of turbofan effects.  To me, this immediately takes me out of "immersion mode".  I recall one model where it did a natural wind up to full speed.... took probably a good minute or two.  Same with shutting down. 

Does anyone else notice this? 

Yeah! And also at the end the landing gears are retracted nicely but cover gets closed quite quickly...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Seriously, I will be laughing hard if FSLabs will have their complex A320 ready for P3Dv4 before the other company offering a much less complex A320 and delaying it because it is soooo complicated to have it ready for v4...

Apart from the fact that the other company has quite a few planes in their current portfolio, lets not forget that we are waiting for A320-X SP1 for nearly 9 months now. 

Both are being blown out of the water by PMDG in regards to update frequency

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Seriously, I will be laughing hard if FSLabs will have their complex A320 ready for P3Dv4 before the other company offering a much less complex A320 and delaying it because it is soooo complicated to have it ready for v4...

HA, a quick check in their forums already gave me the answer: of course, the A320 coming for P3Dv4 is a brand new product, not an update. What was I thinking, oh dear...

So you're saying if a company that has countless 10,000's more lines of code take longer to turn into into 64bit than a much simpler version you find that funny. The only funny thing is your logic.

I Agree it will be like a new product with many of SP1 within it, but its free of charge for P3D owners unlike the other one that you will have to pay for. "oh dear"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Damm, I was hoping someone would come along and say " could you hear that dog in the background?" nvm :biggrin:

Well, I almost did (when I posted about coughing sounds) but I figured the sound was so obvious and loud that it had to be Airbus related... :blush::biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

So you're saying if a company that has countless 10,000's more lines of code take longer to turn into into 64bit than a much simpler version you find that funny. The only funny thing is your logic.

I Agree it will be like a new product with many of SP1 within it, but its free of charge for P3D owners unlike the other one that you will have to pay for. "oh dear"

 

You've reversed AnkH's meaning, David. AnkH was saying it would be ironic if FSL, the complex addon here, were able to put their product out in 64-bit before their "simple" competitor does so. I think you guys are in agreement...

James

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, honanhal said:

You've reversed AnkH's meaning, David. AnkH was saying it would be ironic if FSL, the complex addon here, were able to put their product out in 64-bit before their "simple" competitor does so. I think you guys are in agreement...

James

DOH, you're right it will teach be to read on my phone. Sorry AnkH I completely miss read.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we are able to disable those infernal cabin announcements - or are they not audible on the flight deck? I want to fly an A320 sim - not a cabin sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DavidP said:

I hope we are able to disable those infernal cabin announcements - or are they not audible on the flight deck? I want to fly an A320 sim - not a cabin sim.

I would imagine, as per the current version we are flying, the cabin announcements can be attenuated either by turning down the PA volume or switching it off altogether. Cabin announcements are not heard on the flight deck but because of "popular demand" FSL added the ability to listen to them via the PA controls on the radio panel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, costamesa said:

Yeah! And also at the end the landing gears are retracted nicely but cover gets closed quite quickly...  

nothing unusual   working  around  fa-18's  the  landing  gear  retract  slowly  and  than  you wouldnt  want  to have  your  hands  in the  way of  the nose  and  wheel  panels since  they  close   rather  quickly:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DavidP said:

I hope we are able to disable those infernal cabin announcements - or are they not audible on the flight deck? I want to fly an A320 sim - not a cabin sim.

As per the real aircraft, you can only hear them through the Audio Control Panel on the flight deck, either via the cockpit speakers or a headset. You have to setup the ACP correctly to do this.

A few people have questioned why we've added a cabin environment: We wanted to add a new dimension to the simulation - because in the real world there is an interaction with the cabin that is generally missing in desktop flight simulation (difficult to do, of course - but there are certain aspects that can be simulated).

Whilst these announcements are normally not heard on the flight deck - they are being simulated in the background and form part of our 'cabin ready' logic, which can trigger an memo on the flight deck and is checked as part of the departure checklist. 

I've heard a couple of pilots on VATSIM at London Gatwick, where the departure runway is very close to the South Terminal tell ATC that they need 'a couple of minutes for the cabin'. As I said, it adds a new dimension to the simulation - it's something different to think about, that real world crews give a lot of consideration to.

All of this can be disabled, of course - but we find that most customers quite enjoy these features and the extra touch of realism they bring to their flights.

Personally, seeing the 'Cabin Ready' memo flash on the EWD before departure, knowing that the cabin has been briefed, the safety demo has played, it's been secured (and the time taken to secure is proportional to the number of passengers loaded) - and lights have been dimmed for takeoff, is quite good fun!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now