Zimmerbz

FSlabs320

66 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what the holdup is from FSlabs releasing the update for V4?  They have been silent on their site so I was wondering what the delay is.  I am not asking for a release date but I am just curious on what is keeping them from releasing.  The info over there is basically it will be ready when ready but that can mean a number of things!  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's a holding pattern in an anticipation of V4.1. FlyTampa BOS and many others affected also

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it has to do with the P3Dv4.1 release, but even if not. I guess there is no holdup, they are just beta testing it professionally. It`s a complex aircraft with many custom stuff bypassing native P3D. So they simply need more time then others.  

I think you can be sure they want to release it as much as we want it :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is due to P3Dv4.1 release update.  There are some fixes that many developers wanted and hence the delay on many projects.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also take note that afaik they aren't simply making it compatible with P3D v4 but they are also adding and updating stuff. It is not just a compatibility update! So even if the plane was v4 of v4.1 compatible by now the release might still be postponed. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something did not work and they needed fix's from LM, it's now in beta and has been for around 3 weeks. 

It also will come with a full new 4096 VC and a 64bit sound package. Also a lot of what was going to come with SP1. 

So it's a big upgrade. Hopefully we will see it soon after v4.1 comes out.

Unlike there products there communication leaves a lot to be desired. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Something did not work and they needed fix's from LM, it's now in beta and has been for around 3 weeks. 

It also will come with a full new 4096 VC and a 64bit sound package. Also a lot of what was going to come with SP1. 

So it's a big upgrade. Hopefully we will see it soon after v4.1 comes out.

Unlike there products there communication leaves a lot to be desired. 

Gotta love the waiting game.  I agree with you about their communication.  I've never understood why in this "industry" everyone is so secretive when it comes to providing their customers with information. Not a knock on FSlabs but just an observation about flight sim devs in general.  In my line of work, we are pretty much the opposite.  We feel it is far better to over communicate with our customers about release dates, delays, status, etc.  To each their own I guess! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I've never understood why in this "industry" everyone is so secretive when it comes to providing their customers with information. Not a knock on FSlabs but just an observation about flight sim devs in general.

I've never understood why developers get bothered with release date questions. You won't get the product a single day earlier by asking. They have shown screenshots, videos, have told what will be included in the P3Dv4 version and they are beta testing. What do you want to read, every week another 'beta test still running, we are getting closer to release' ? That's obvious anyway. Additionally, during beta tests, you can't foresee at all what might come up. So it is impossible to define release dates. Just a big chance to disappoint customers, or put yourself under pressure and release unfinished, if you would.

Quite often FS developers are small teams. What do you prefer ? Let them concentrate on their work and finish it, or spend time for "communication" ?

It's just unnessary.

Mike

 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem lies in that many deliberately whip the fervor well in advance, obviously to generate some publicity. However, they do this, and in the case of a much anticipated 320, they then shut down questions that will inevitably come from a voracious simmer community salivating for said A320

Even now, if you look at their fora, they have nearly run out of padlocks shutting down questions - much like a certain 757 that's been in development for a decade over several iterations of FSX/P3D.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust me there's 100s if not 1000s of people waiting for it (as Andrew says he's got 1000s of happy customers).  I reckon the day it's released the vatsim servers will go into melt down.  People are starting to get itchy now, I mean last week belynz had 300 watching him buy his strawberrys and pepperoni on Morrisons they must be  that bored of Flying boeings...me included!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

I've never understood why developers get bothered with release date questions. You won't get the product a single day earlier by asking. They have shown screenshots, videos, have told what will be included in the P3Dv4 version and they are beta testing. What do you want to read, every week another 'beta test still running, we are getting closer to release' ? That's obvious anyway. Additionally, during beta tests, you can't foresee at all what might come up. So it is impossible to define release dates. Just a big chance to disappoint customers, or put yourself under pressure and release unfinished, if you would.

Quite often FS developers are small teams. What do you prefer ? Let them concentrate on their work and finish it, or spend time for "communication" ?

It's just unnessary.

Mike

 

Makes sense.

As for the information on what will be included for v4, can you point me in the right direction?  I have only seen the video and pics but haven't seen anything that describes the new features that will be included.  I have only seen someone say they thing s Secondary Flight Plan will be modeled but I didn't think that was official.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

Quite often FS developers are small teams. What do you prefer ? Let them concentrate on their work and finish it, or spend time for "communication" ?

It's just unnessary.

Mike

 

Clearly you put no value on communication, fine, each to there own, but it has very little to do with release date. I could give 100's of examples of why communication is very valuable probably none that would mean anything to you, here is just one,

When you are waiting to get a new Audi, they inform you the car is being build this coming week. Then they let you know the car is being shipped, then they send you a photo of you car all wrapped up as it's parked up ready for transportation. Then you get a call and more photos of the car arriving at your dealership. You as a customer are kept informed all the time and nothing is to much trouble. It's called customer service.

You don't just get a call saying, "you car is here, come and get it".

And you sure as hell don't get told "it will be ready when it's ready" and the phone put down on you for asking for information.

Or just one more!

Next time you order a meal and your kept waiting, If you asked nicely how long it will be, you would be happy for them to say "let the chef do his work you will get it when it's ready not before and don't ask again".

yer communication is just unnecessary!!!!

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

 I have only seen the video and pics but haven't seen anything that describes the new features that will be included.  I have only seen someone say they thing s Secondary Flight Plan will be modeled but I didn't think that was official.  

It's was seen in there VC screen shot, nothing has been said more than you have seen. They said they would get one of the beta testers to post 4K res screen shots of the new VC implying they would come within a week but nothing has been seen but I think I read they will make a video of it. 

The list of things that will come from what was going to be part of the SP1, who knows. All we can do is wait till they feel fit to inform us.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Clearly you put no value on communication, fine, each to there own, but it has very little to do with release date. I could give 100's of examples of why communication is very valuable probably none that would mean anything to you, here is just one,

When you are waiting to get a new Audi, they inform you the car is being build this coming week. Then they let you know the car is being shipped, then they send you a photo of you car all wrapped up as it's parked up ready for transportation. Then you get a call and more photos of the car arriving at your dealership. You as a customer are kept informed all the time and nothing is to much trouble. It's called customer service.

You don't just get a call saying, "you car is here, come and get it".

And you sure as hell don't get told "it will be ready when it's ready" and the phone put down on you for asking for information.

Or just one more!

Next time you order a meal and your kept waiting, If you asked nicely how long it will be, you would be happy for them to say "let the chef do his work you will get it when it's ready not before and don't ask again".

yer communication is just unnecessary!!!!

Though I fully understand your point, your analogy is very far off. One of these add-ons cost $100-140.00. and an Audi costs...  $70,000+ ? Hmmm, apples vs oranges. But, again I get your point.. But, I also understand the developers and this is where some customers don't understand. With LM bringing updates every "4 months" it is becoming almost impossible for these 1-or 2- man developers to keep up. And, imagine a 1-or-2 man developer vs LM  5, or 10, or 15 man team? Hmm. Yes, there are big difference, and people need to continue to have patience. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Clearly you put no value on communication, fine, each to there own, but it has very little to do with release date. I could give 100's of examples of why communication is very valuable probably none that would mean anything to you, here is just one,

When you are waiting to get a new Audi, they inform you the car is being build this coming week. Then they let you know the car is being shipped, then they send you a photo of you car all wrapped up as it's parked up ready for transportation. Then you get a call and more photos of the car arriving at your dealership. You as a customer are kept informed all the time and nothing is to much trouble. It's called customer service.

You don't just get a call saying, "you car is here, come and get it".

And you sure as hell don't get told "it will be ready when it's ready" and the phone put down on you for asking for information.

Or just one more!

Next time you order a meal and your kept waiting, If you asked nicely how long it will be, you would be happy for them to say "let the chef do his work you will get it when it's ready not before and don't ask again".

yer communication is just unnecessary!!!!

I have to agree.  Some of the responses by developers are just downright rude.  Then for some reason people side with them to help justify there responses.  I understand that these developers are small groups but a small weekly update, or in some cases once a month would go a long ways with PAYING customers.  It would take a whole 5 minutes to post a quick up date from time to time.  How hard is that?  

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites