Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

What will be the next airplane from PMDG ?

How about a 737-800 BCF (Boeing Converted Freighter) no worries about SLF.

On Feb. 24, 2016, Boeing launched the Next-Generation 737-800 Boeing Converted Freighter with orders and commitments for up to 55 conversions from seven customers, including: YTO Airlines, China Postal Airlines, GE Capital Aviation (GECAS), SF Airlines, Cargo Air, and two unannounced customers.

The 737-800 is the first Next-Generation 737 that Boeing has offered for conversion. This standard-body converted freighter will primarily be used to carry express cargo on domestic routes.

The 737-800 BCF carries up to 52,800 pounds (23.9 metric tons) of cargo, flying routes of nearly 2,000 nautical miles (3,690 kilometers). Twelve pallet positions – 11 standard pallets and one half-pallet – provide 5,000 cubic feet (141.5 cubic meters) of cargo space on the main deck. 

Would love one of those:smile:

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

20 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Had a blast on a police ride along back in 2009, honestly. Still...not for me. I appreciate their functionality on somewhat of a personal level (I pulled a kid out of a pool back in high school as a lifeguard, and he only survived because they'd airlifted him to a local hospital; I got to see first hand how law enforcement uses them, too), but they still kinda freak me out. I like my wings fixed, thank you.

I've been in a few (as a passenger) and while I love them, the thought of one of those blades having break always was in my mind... 

Fixed wing aviation is definitely safer but there's something about them whirly birds that keeps me fascinated - perhaps the challenge or the satisfaction that I get out of flying them in DCS.  I plan on getting a license to fly them sooner or later...

9 hours ago, Boomer said:

Please 

Please as well.

I know Boomer.  I know...

I'd love a PMDG-level 727, but I know that's not a realistic product to expect. I'd expect 737MAX expansions and 777X expansions. As much as I'd also want to buy a 757, their use is slowly fading in the real world.

2 hours ago, VHOEI said:

Fixed wing aviation is definitely safer

You will helicopter pilots hear telling you the opposite and I tend to agree with them since I have had some hours on a UH-1d simulator based on the DCS huey. While an airplane has a decent ratio of 1:8 or 10 and a heli a ratio of 1:stone you will still need a runway or at least several hundreds or thousands of feet straight on to come to a stop if your engines fail. A helicopter can land basically everywhere, even on water if it is equipped with emergency floats. There are limitations for every type of aircraft and I don‘t know the percentages of fatalities or even simply emergencies but my feeling is that you come into trouble in a cessna a lot faster than in an R44 (to stay with GA for now) 

38 minutes ago, tumtiddle said:

I'd love a PMDG-level 727, but I know that's not a realistic product to expect. I'd expect 737MAX expansions and 777X expansions. As much as I'd also want to buy a 757, their use is slowly fading in the real world.

I‘m absolutely with you on the 727 but I would also bet on an update/grade for the NGX or a max version. Maybe they will surprise us wih sonething exotic but I think it will be up to date. Maybe a CS300 or something like that? But I would also love a „new“ 767... I somehow doubt Level D will come out with its 757 in PMDG quality in 2018. 

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Boomer said:

Please 

Did PMDG secretly pledge to LDS not to make a 767?

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Did PMDG secretly pledge to LDS not to make a 767?

I’d imagine it’s more of a courtesy thing, with LevelD updating it for v3 and assumed to be updated to v4. Same reason they didn’t do a 757.

6 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I’d imagine it’s more of a courtesy thing, with LevelD updating it for v3 and assumed to be updated to v4. Same reason they didn’t do a 757.

Well I don't assume my LDS 763 is being updated for P3Dv4 but I hope it is..Mind you, not with the same decrepit cockpit textures.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

I know!  I know!  I know!   I know!

:cool:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Robert, 

Please excuse me for the question and subject change, are you any relation to the songwriter/composer Teddy Randazzo who wrote "Pretty Blue Eyes"? :smile:

Bill 

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

56 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

I know!  I know!  I know!   I know!

:cool:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

qk55o.jpg

• Upvote 1

Moses Velasquez

An PMDG 727 would be THE aircraft I wish most.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020