avgeek1

The Man Himself, X Plane Developer Austin Meyer

16 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's a lot to like about Austin; his commitment to the best in flight sims, his work with endangered animals, his tenacity and gumption in facing down patent trolls etc. He seems like he'd be a whole lot of fun to sit down with over a few beers.

However someone really needs to take him aside and give him some help with his wardrobe...

I couldn’t agree more although he does have some style! As you can obviously see, his beautiful Lancair evolution sits pretty, but what you don’t see is the lovely Mercedes Benz to the left of the camera haha. 

He must be a delightful person to talk to... 

Looking forward for whatever 11.10 and following will bring us.

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

He must be a delightful person to talk to... 

Looking forward for whatever 11.10 and following will bring us.

Hey, I'm sure you both could have some great discussions about the moon and stars ;-)

57 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Hey, I'm sure you both could have some great discussions about the moon and stars ;-)

Yea, I had a TCAS alert more than once with the moon :)

2 hours ago, Glenn_C said:

Yea, I had a TCAS alert more than once with the moon :)

:laugh:

Got a lot of time for Austin, chatted to him online once a few years back and he was good fun to talk to. 

Well at least ya'll aren't sporting Carolina Gamecock gear.....hahahahahaha.  That gets two thumbs up!

Eheh,

he would trash my knowledge about the Moon / Earth physics.... an promise a fully detailed planet version for XP12 :-) preparing for the Mars exploration...

It's time to start really searching for alternatives so, Austin should probably bring back Mars for X-Plane....

He's the kind of guy who could discuss the most mundane and commonplace topic and make it sound like the most exciting thing in the world.  I don't think I've ever seen anybody else with such infectious enthusiasm.

12 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Well at least ya'll aren't sporting Carolina Gamecock gear.....hahahahahaha.  That gets two thumbs up!

LOL! What a win they had today! 

You were very lucky to meet him.He has a lot of charisma!I like people who assume what they are in all relaxation:cool:.after leaving P3D a few months, now I'm completely in love about XP11! I would like to thank him for that.I hope that XP will continue to show us its full potential in all its novelties.Thank you for sharing.

I met Bill Gates back in 1987 when he was only worth 1 billion, LOL.  He was extremely kind, modest and down to earth.  We spoke for only a few minutes, what I loved was the old, 60's era car he came in and his dress, jeans and a polo shirt.  Microsoft later gave me a free copy of Visual Basic when another rep came to my user's group in Napa.  Changed my life by launching my career in IT since employers respected that I had a basic knowledge of programming and the Windows API. 

I would love to meet Austin someday, I feel he singlehandedly kept simming alive during the dark ages after MS dropped out of the hobby.  XP11 is very real in its rendering and flight dynamics now.  I just feel so relaxed when I fly the 172 in that sim or the Cirrus.  It was a hefty download, since I installed all of the scenery.  But worth it.

John