Sethos1988

TrueGlass from TFDi - Finally a decent rain-on-windshield effect in P3D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i wonder if this is related to the announcement of VC train with P3D 4.1 !?

Lots of questions; when, where, what planes (just theirs?), how much or included with the 717? Nothing about it on their website.

I believe the development team posted in their forum part of the team will be at the Flight Sim Show (Cosford) Oct. 4th to Oct. 10th. Support requests etc may be delayed.

Bob

Beautiful, and so long overdue. In hindsight, it seems incredible we waited more than 10 years for this!

James

• Upvote 2

Shouldn't that be TrueRain? The glass already looks true to me. :cool:

Joking aside, it does look very good and it is nice that the wipers are actually clearing it away. Presumably this is related to the update to P3D V4 in which I seem to recall LM said this effect was gonna show up as an available function for developers.

• Upvote 1

"Beautiful, and so long overdue. In hindsight, it seems incredible we waited more than 10 years for this!"

Yes, long time. I assume this will exclusive to their 717 like their new lighting effect. I was considering this plane and this might seal the deal.

TrueLight and now TrueGlass, yer I think you're Right Alan TrueRain would be much better.

Looks fantastic. Roll on 4.1 and the TDFi 717. Great aircraft. 

It can't be called TrueRain because it is not just rain, but also icing and fog effects :) 

• Upvote 2

Quite beautiful, I must admit... Would love to see what happend, when one were to stop the wipers, and watch the raindrops fall again. It looks very nice... I'm always a bit sceptical regarding rain effects, since I rarely think it looks realistic...

4 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

It can't be called TrueRain because it is not just rain, but also icing and fog effects :) 

Good point Keem.

16 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Meteo-Matic-Glass-o-Rama-thon-3,000 TM it is then. 

• Upvote 6