Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

TrueGlass from TFDi - Finally a decent rain-on-windshield effect in P3D

34 minutes ago, crosswind said:

This is an awesome stride raising the bar once more, especially if TDFi is able to make it applicable to other add-ons.  Looking forward to seeing this in full effect.

Thanks for your new outlook on enhanced simulation immersion.

Cheers

Please bring this to the Q400.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, crosswind said:

This is an awesome stride raising the bar once more, especially if TDFi is able to make it applicable to other add-ons.  Looking forward to seeing this in full effect.

Cheers

positive because we may see this on the Q400!! :)

negative because it reads as though theres been little comms (yet) between devs regarding whether and how it can be applicable to other addons... :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, crosswind said:

Cheers

Hi Simeon, thank you for the kind words!

We're in the process of talking with developers to come up with licensing/distribution methods, so feel free to reach out! We'd love to see TrueGlass in the Dash 8.

40 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

positive because we may see this on the Q400!! :)

negative because it reads as though theres been little comms (yet) between devs regarding whether and how it can be applicable to other addons... :(

We had been focusing on developing the technology and getting it ready to show up until today. There'd be no interest if the tech wasn't there. :)

• Upvote 7

Brandon Filer

This looks great,  A very exciting time for you guys,  all the best with it 

1 hour ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

We had been focusing on developing the technology and getting it ready to show up until today. There'd be no interest if the tech wasn't there. :

true true :)

Dont get me wrong it looks great, I just hope the licencing etc is 'pile it high sell it cheap' and doesnt prevent other devs incorporating it due to prohibitive terms, something like this will sell absolutely shedloads of units if its accessible enough :D

well done!

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Some really cool  stuff coming from developers these days.  This is going to be great.  Well done TFDI

• Upvote 1

When will this be available for your 717 as I am interesting in buying if and when it does?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Wow!   I flew the latest version of the 717 in P3Dv4 after a long break last night, and my word. For me, it's the best airliner sim I own now.  Just stunning in every way (engine sounds could use a tweak!) and the latest FDE make it even more a dream to hand fly.  This rain / ice effect will just take it up a further notch.

Well done TFDi - now on my 'instabuy' list - I'd buy anything else you release.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Is either AFCAD or FDE the funniest flight sim AM (acronym misnomer)? I guess that old habits die hard.😉

The TFDi B717 is one of my favorites also, despite that.

Make TrueGlass an add-on utility that will feature the windshield effects on

"the fleet of aircraft the user already owns",

and the line up to buy from you will extend all the way to the virtual end of the virtual town!

That would be a "get rich quick" scheme that will really work!

Do it before someone else does!

:blink:

Kind regards,

1 hour ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Make TrueGlass an add-on utility that will feature the windshield effects on

"the fleet of aircraft the user already owns",

and the line up to buy from you will extend all the way to the virtual end of the virtual town!

That would be a "get rich quick" scheme that will really work!

Do it before someone else does!

:blink:

Kind regards,

Not that simple I'm afraid....

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

1 hour ago, JB3DG said:

Not that simple I'm afraid....

Well, at least according to TDFi staff. Their windshield effects require a small modification directly to each aircraft model, but it remains to be seen what exactly that means. My guess is that the reason for setting the effect up in that fashion is to prevent anyone from just buying one enabled aircraft and porting it to every aircraft for free. Then there would be no incentive for other aircraft developers to license the official version. Thus, the effects have to consist of more than DLLs, XML, models (wipers etc.) and fx.

Interesting twitch stream and finding out that the rain effects will be free to current users of the 717. One thing that I found out that I did not like was that  there was as coupon or code for a discount for the 717 but only if you attended the show. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

3 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Interesting twitch stream and finding out that the rain effects will be free to current users of the 717. One thing that I found out that I did not like was that  there was as coupon or code for a discount for the 717 but only if you attended the show. 

+1 I plan to buy it by the Holidays but a sale this month I'd buy it now.