Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

P3Dv4 Pause (Not Responding) Then Back

Hi Everyone,

As suggested, I posted about this issue over at the LM Prepar3D forums: 

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127796

Nearly 2 weeks have elapsed since initial posting and, as yet, there has been no response from anyone at LM. Are we surprised? Of course it's possible that they may have read the thread, but just ain't saying (even as a simple courtesy) or they may consider this to be very low priority. Either way it looks like we are stuck with it for the foreseeable future. Sorry guys!

Regards,

Mike

22 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Everyone,

As suggested, I posted about this issue over at the LM Prepar3D forums: 

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127796

Nearly 2 weeks have elapsed since initial posting and, as yet, there has been no response from anyone at LM. Are we surprised? Of course it's possible that they may have read the thread, but just ain't saying (even as a simple courtesy) or they may consider this to be very low priority. Either way it looks like we are stuck with it for the foreseeable future. Sorry guys!

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

It is not uncommon, I have reported problems on the developers forums that I am still waiting an answer! go and check ..

However they responded to one of them recently and they confirmed they fixed it, so there is hope..

Simbol

Had my sim humming along like a well oiled machine before. Installed vector on the recent sale and now have all these stutters and long pauses. Lowering some settings in vector has slight improvement but its still happens. Most noticeable was around heavy cities like London. 

But I think for LM to actually take notice and acknowledge the problem, the tests would have to be replicated under a completely vanilla default P3d. Have settings at max if you wish, but zero addons. But who here runs with zero addons?  And Im not about to reinstall just to have p3d vanilla for this test. Im thinking its too much data being processed by all the addons combined and the communication feeding into p3d gets bottle necked. Perhaps either the way they are communicating is not efficient enough or the pipeline cant deal with it properly.  

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I have been experiencing the same stutters for some time. This is a hit or miss, some sessions, I can do 2 or 3 legs without a single stutter. In other cases, the whole flight is plagued by this incessant pause with the windows "loading" icon for 3-4 seconds usually.

I dont have many addons installed, only ORBX Global and a couple of airports.

I think I read somewhere (might have been in this thread) someone hinting this may be an Orbx issue since it appears most people having this issue also are using FTX products such as FTX Global.

Like many others I've mainly been seeing this issue when flying to UK and I'm using FTX Global. Weird though why it's only (in my case) in this region I see this problem where I don't see it elsewhere. This talks against being an Orbx issue since FTX Global as we all know is a global product.

Most annoying and guess it will be very hard to isolate this issue.

Richard Åsberg

58 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Had my sim humming along like a well oiled machine before. Installed vector on the recent sale and now have all these stutters and long pauses. Lowering some settings in vector has slight improvement but its still happens. Most noticeable was around heavy cities like London. 

But I think for LM to actually take notice and acknowledge the problem, the tests would have to be replicated under a completely vanilla default P3d. Have settings at max if you wish, but zero addons. But who here runs with zero addons?

Hi Dave,

Interesting. Regarding Vector, might be significant. However, as I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread:

"I have a friend who lives nearby and he says he does not see these pauses. His is a virgin installation of 4.1. However, it should be noted that I experienced this in 4.0 and a virgin 4.1 before reinstating all my Add-ons."

I have confirmed that my friend's experience is accurate in 4.0 and 4.1.  I took the opportunity to run some tests before and after installing the update for him. 

Being wise and sensible, and preferring to keep all unwelcome, uninvited hassles to an absolute minimum, we are both on Windows 7 👹. However, our rigs differ in terms of hardware. His two 980s are running in SLI with the latest available driver set whereas my 1080Ti is still using the 382.05 drivers as I'm seeing very good performance generally so am reluctant to rock the boat unnecessarily.

Regards,

Mike

Edit: Have you had a look at Rob's Vector Settings?

http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_Orbx_Vector_Settings.html

I'm using Black Marble Vector (greater accuracy and more detailed) so have unchecked everything under the FTX Global Vector Transportation tab to avoid conflicts between the two products.

Glad I found this topic.  I just built a new machine (8700K, 1080Ti - stock clock speeds for now.  Full suite of Orbx products) and have been experiencing these long frames as well, usually on approach but sometimes at other odd times.  Hopefully this gets addressed.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

My issue was resolved by excluding the P3D folder in Defender, they’re gone now!

One can prevent a lot of headaches by disabling anti-malware utilities just while running P3d.

2 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

My issue was resolved by excluding the P3D folder in Defender, they’re gone now!

Hi John,

Not sure when you carried out that action, but I think it might be better to test for a week or two before considering the problem solved. In some cases this issue is very likely to be System specific, which might explain why the cause seems so hard to pin down. Also, there may be more than one culprit at play here. It could explain LM's reluctance to get involved without the availability of further reproduceable evidence.

Can I suggest you try the effect of removing the exclusion and trying again.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2017 at 9:35 AM, HighTowers said:

Had my sim humming along like a well oiled machine before. Installed vector on the recent sale and now have all these stutters and long pauses.

Yup, same here. I actually got so used to it that I completely forgot about it. I never install add-on's in groups, always install one at a time to see if I notice any abnormal behavior within the simulator. These stutters and pauses started happening to me right after I installed Vector and happen to me all the time on approaches to any airport pretty much from FL100 downwards. These are inconsistent in terms of the altitude or aircraft position, but it does happen on every flight. I decided not to raise any stink about this with ORBX as I feel like I can deal with this and hoping that someone will eventually fix it. I am done wasting time on support cases with these companies until it really affects the performance to the point that I am unable to complete flights. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

17 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Yup, same here. I actually got so used to it that I completely forgot about it. I never install add-on's in groups, always install one at a time to see if I notice any abnormal behavior within the simulator. These stutters and pauses started happening to me right after I installed Vector and happen to me all the time on approaches to any airport pretty much from FL100 downwards. These are inconsistent in terms of the altitude or aircraft position, but it does happen on every flight. I decided not to raise any stink about this with ORBX as I feel like I can deal with this and hoping that someone will eventually fix it. I am done wasting time on support cases with these companies until it really affects the performance to the point that I am unable to complete flights. 

Good to here that these stutter and micropauses is common as i also have them mainly on takeoff and landings.

Some places is down to FTXORBX NCA but other places outside USA i will try disabling SODE and Vector 

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Don't remember if it was already mentioned in this thread somewhere but I wonder if some of these micro-pauses/stuttering issues could be caused by a saturated SimConnect?

On last nights flight into T2G LFPG I had both some stuttering issues and I also had an issue after I landed with Navigraph Simlink being disconnected from the simulator (P3Dv4.1) every now and then while I was taxiing to my gate after I landed.

I've asked about this both over in the SODE support forum here since some reports have indicated part of these issues might be caused by SODE and I also posted about it in the Navigraph support forum here.

Richard Åsberg

6 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Don't remember if it was already mentioned in this thread somewhere but I wonder if some of these micro-pauses/stuttering issues could be caused by a saturated SimConnect?

I've had the exact same thought, especially when flying the MJC Q400 with ASP4 and EZCA...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else