Boomer

GSX should I buy?

Recommended Posts

I know Bryan has something in the hopper but there's no eta. ..I wonder if I should get GSX for now...and go with Bryans product if and when available.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, I bought GSX after thinking about it for years - I got 50% off one day only cos it was one if the developers 50th. It’s good insofar as it adds to the realism of the procedures but it is a tad cartoonish: just too many vehicles driving through aircraft and each other to make it wholly realistic. Pushback is neat though - very tidy. Bottom line - I’m glad I bought it but not sure I would’ve paid full dollar. There’s a free trial available - maybe you’ve tried it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I know Bryan has something in the hopper but there's no eta. ..I wonder if I should get GSX for now...and go with Bryans product if and when available.

Thoughts?

Curious: what is Bryan's product?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tamsini said:

Curious: what is Bryan's product?

+ 1

As for GSX, great addon in my opinion, worth the money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i'm honest.

I have GSX about half a year now and it's very buggy. I must say it.

Why?

A lot of clipping, the sound is completely unrealistic ( i can hear the pushback truck in my 777 louder than the engines) and the worst: 

It get's stuck sooo many times -.-. I think i need to restart the coutal engine at least twice because of ;

1 the pushback is not moving or

2 the service vehicles are stuck or

3 the menu is dead.

It feels like lottery or hit or miss to work with it. The ONLY thing wich is good is the pushback. 

The rest is buggy or if not uninteresting after 2 months.

My 2 cents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use gsx in my fsdt airports but it doesn't pushback well in that it overruns other fixed objects. ..as opposed to AES which didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I think I pass on gsx and hope Bryans product is ready before I'm old and senile...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boomer said:

OK I think I pass on gsx and hope Bryans product is ready before I'm old and senile...lol

And you dint told us what is Bryans product lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GSX and UGCX aren't really competition, sorta.

I suspect most people will use both, but we'll see how that goes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 30K said:

Well i'm honest.

I have GSX about half a year now and it's very buggy. I must say it.

Why?

A lot of clipping, the sound is completely unrealistic ( i can hear the pushback truck in my 777 louder than the engines) and the worst: 

It get's stuck sooo many times -.-. I think i need to restart the coutal engine at least twice because of ;

1 the pushback is not moving or

2 the service vehicles are stuck or

3 the menu is dead.

It feels like lottery or hit or miss to work with it. The ONLY thing wich is good is the pushback. 

The rest is buggy or if not uninteresting after 2 months.

My 2 cents

why not  post  in the fsdt  forum  since  its most likely  your  pc  set up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Boomer said:

OK I think I pass on gsx and hope Bryans product is ready before I'm old and senile...lol

If you do passenger flights then I consider GSX a must have..  If you're on the fence, then wait for a sale.  Sure it's not perfect, and occasionally it crashes on me, but so does FSX.  

However, being able to simulate fuel, boarding/unboarding, pushback and follow-me makes it a mst have product.  For GA, not so useful...

Besides, as one of previous posts pointed out; it's a try before you buy product.

Ernie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have GSX, and not use it - it is so "artificial" in negative meaning, even voice is like coming from robot or something.

Really waiting what UGXC will bring here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, byork said:

GSX and UGCX aren't really competition, sorta.

I suspect most people will use both, but we'll see how that goes.

 

I thought IIRC that UGCX had pushback. ..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boomer said:

I thought IIRC that UGCX had pushback. ..?

 

It does, but we don't do all the catering trucks, etc.

So I suspect people will use us for pushbacks, and GSX for the luggage cars, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2017 at 4:19 PM, byork said:

 

It does, but we don't do all the catering trucks, etc.

So I suspect people will use us for pushbacks, and GSX for the luggage cars, etc.

Damm. The only real reason i bought GSX was for the pushback. 

I normally stay in my cockpit 90% of the time so i didn't even look at my ground vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now