Recommended Posts

Does anyone know how to update Prepar3dv4 navigation data with Navigraph? (I have a subscription) Please advise...

Best, 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't believe that P3D uses Navigraph data. Many of the addons used with it do.

Share this post


Link to post

It should be automatic from the navigraph app as far as far as I️ know. I️ just open the app and look for updates. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I don't believe that P3D uses Navigraph data. Many of the addons used with it do.

AFAIK this is correct.

I update my AIRAC monthly and have never seen any for the sim platform itself. .only for add ons.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, ssair1 said:

Does anyone know how to update Prepar3dv4 navigation data with Navigraph? (I have a subscription) Please advise...

Best, 

You cannot update the P3D native data with Navigraph.  Check out FSAerodata.....that will do what you want but it is payware/subscription.

Share this post


Link to post

FSsaerodata, It's payware (one year license) and allows you to update P3D navigation data if you have a navigraph valid license.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

A freeware update to the in-sim navdata can be found herer : http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html. It is updated with each monthly AIRAC cycle.

Affirmative.
I use it for many years now. Free and very convenient.
I think he also provides up to date magnetic variation bgl files

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ssair1 said:

Does anyone know how to update Prepar3dv4 navigation data with Navigraph? (I have a subscription) Please advise...

Best, 

https://www.fsaerodata.com works with Navigraph.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Affirmative.
I use it for many years now. Free and very convenient.
I think he also provides up to date magnetic variation bgl files

 

Yep, he does.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

A freeware update to the in-sim navdata can be found herer : http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html. It is updated with each monthly AIRAC cycle.

And he does deserve the one or the other donation - it's a great service he is providing to the community since years!

Cheers
Frank

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

FSAerodate updates more though and is fully compatible with for instance P3D's map: the freeware option has some issues there.

Share this post


Link to post

Unlike the freeware option, fsaerodata updates all navaids and procedures (departure,arrival,approach) for all the P3d stock airports. It also updates all ARTCC/FIR frequencies. The only thing that it doesn't do is update runway and taxiway geometry, but I noticed a few days ago that this is in development:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136

This proposed improvement was what My T 6 attempted to do with its large collection of add-on airports.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Unlike the freeware option, fsaerodata updates all navaids and procedures (departure,arrival,approach) for all the P3d stock airports. It also updates all ARTCC/FIR frequencies. The only thing that it doesn't do is update runway and taxiway geometry, but I noticed a few days ago that this is in development:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136

Well, there must be an advantage of payware over freeware, else what would be the point ...

53 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

This proposed improvement was what My T 6 attempted to do with its large collection of add-on airports.

Yes, a nice idea, but, this led as well to a lot of compatibility issues with airports of other developers (freeware and payware), which made at least me disable all the modified AFCADS MT6 was providing.

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, I think that the real problem with the My T 6 airports is that most users didn't even realize that the airports were included in the product. That led to all kinds of conflicts when single 3rd party airports were installed, not to mention conflicts with airports included in ORBX regions.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now