Lenny777

Where are the Airport Environment Sounds?

X-Aviation for X-Plane has a program which gives you the ability to have different sounds in the airport environment called SoundMaxx. A small snipit for what it does:

How SoundMaxx Works
SoundMaxx is a plugin which will replace default X-Plane sounds with higher quality sounds (44kHz) for a more immersive simming experience. The sounds are recordings from the real world. In addition, SoundMaxx will add an ambient sound engine to X-Plane allowing new outdoor and in-cabin sounds. It will not interfere with third party engine sounds from other add-ons you purchase. The list of default replaced sounds includes: Thunder - wind - rain - hail - hail impacts - crashes - explosions - landing gear - gear rolling - gear skids - afterburners - jet, prop, and turboprop starters - reverse thrust - APU - switches - flaps.

So when you get out of your plane you hear the ambient sounds from the airport etc.

Is there not a similar product for P3Dv4?

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Lenny,

As I own Ultimate Traffic Live, I use A CONSTABLE - TRAFFIC3D SOUNDS FOR ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE add on.  `This will allow you to hear sounds of other AI Aircrafts when engine's start, taxi, thrust on take off.  Also when aircrafts are about to land, you will hear the spoilers.  

Its and add-on that I have been very happy with as its offers full 3d sound in Stereo and full 5.1.

http://secure.simmarket.com/a-constable-traffic3d_sounds-for-ultimate-traffic-live.phtml

I hope this helps.

25 minutes ago, abdulaslam said:

Hi Lenny,

As I own Ultimate Traffic Live, I use A CONSTABLE - TRAFFIC3D SOUNDS FOR ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE add on.  `This will allow you to hear sounds of other AI Aircrafts when engine's start, taxi, thrust on take off.  Also when aircrafts are about to land, you will hear the spoilers.  

Its and add-on that I have been very happy with as its offers full 3d sound in Stereo and full 5.1.

http://secure.simmarket.com/a-constable-traffic3d_sounds-for-ultimate-traffic-live.phtml

I hope this helps.

I have MYTRAFFIC.

I would also love to have ambient airport noises. It would really help with the immersion and the feel of being their. Wish somebody would offer or make a product that would sound realistic. Like take actual sound samples from an actual busy international airport. With lots of low frequency rumble when planes take off and land with their reverse thrust, etc.

AI sound packages don't really offer much in the realism department, it's quite tame and not lively enough.

Flight 1: Audio Environment Airliner Edition

In the 4 years that I have it I have replaced multiple aircraft sounds with TSS soundsets for even more immersion.

regards, Gerard