Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andreadebiase

P3Dv4.1 and Ultimate Traffic Live question

Thanks Walter for your help.  I'll leave the traffic sliders in P3D and FSX set to 0 too. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Folks,

Also - I think there are zero GA "Light" category scheduled anywhere... I swapped mine out with unique aircraft and haven't seen a single one appear - - - GA "Medium" and "Heavy" seem to work normally as you would expect... I don't see much customer "support" happening on the Flight1 forum - 95% of the responses seem to be customers helping customers...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

54 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

HI Jim,

The traffic slider within P3D has no effect on UT Live. I have mine set at 0. As to your question regarding GA, I believe that GA traffic is independent of the schedule. The summer schedule that is now current pertains only to airlines. In UT2, I remember GA was on a daily schedule and airlines were on a weekly schedule. I don't really know how it's done in UT Live.

That is mostly correct. What happens when you turn the P3D traffic slider to zero is the elimination of the "default" AI such as Daedalus, etc. Ditto for the GA slider. BTW, you don't need to install UTL on your C: drive, it can be installed anywhere (I have mine on my Y: drive which is a very large HD).

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Guys, I'm thinking of buying UTL, Mostly I'm happy with MT6 but I don't see traffic ahead of me on approach and landing even in major hubs with it.  Do you have it with UTL? I read UTL traffic follows SID/STARS and airways, but where does it get the navdata from for those?

How do add-on ATC work with UTL? Can ProATC/X, PF3, RC4, VoxATC, Pilot2ATC somehow influence on it? Please share your observations.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

How do add-on ATC work with UTL? Can ProATC/X, PF3, RC4, VoxATC, Pilot2ATC somehow influence on it? Please share your observations.

I can tell you about two of these: ProATC/X works fine with UT Live. On the other hand, VoxATC doesn't yet. We're waiting for the developer to release a new UT Bridge.

Walter Meier

It gets the navdata from an internal database which can only be updated by Flight1 in their seasonal data/schedule updates. In UT2, these were usually $5. Don't know what they will be for UTL. While I don't use any of those ATC add-ons, according to discussions in the licensed support section, most work fine.

UTL starts automatically at P3D startup. Haven't seen a mass of take offs and landings yet but I've been testing the program at night.

I'm slightly disappointed by the amount of user legwork to get a few of the major cargo airlines in as well as some alternate liveries... Anyways...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

9 hours ago, scottb613 said:

I don't see much customer "support" happening on the Flight1 forum - 95% of the responses seem to be customers helping customers...

Developer done another runner ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Rog Stryx Z790-A,  Intel i9-14900KF,  Asus ROG Ryujin III 360 , Asus Hyperion Case,Rog Stryx 4090 OC, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD,64Gb G Skill Memory, Asus Aura 1200W Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG C4 48" 4K OLED Screen., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

16 hours ago, SKEWR said:

UTL starts automatically at P3D startup. Haven't seen a mass of take offs and landings yet but I've been testing the program at night.

I'm slightly disappointed by the amount of user legwork to get a few of the major cargo airlines in as well as some alternate liveries... Anyways...

The other issue is you cant update the schedules either. For example I uploaded yesterday easyjets winter programme for this year as well as Virgin,  cargologicair and jet2

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=203115

Pretty much 100% accurate.  Can you import it into ut live, nope.  So the software is about as live as my dead childhood rabbit. 

14ppkc-6.png

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 0:30 PM, Jim Young said:

I'll leave the traffic sliders in P3D and FSX set to 0 too.

Jim, I left UTLive traffic airline density sliders at 10% for FSX sim and 30% for P3Dv4 both saved Configurations. But from some reason, I go back to FSX Configuration and it shows now 30% instead of 10% as settled before.

Also, there is another AI Traffic Density adjustment for "gen av density" which is it? Must match the same percentage as airline density?

Reading manual and guide didn't help me. Any ideas?

Regards, Patricio

Patricio Valdes

Does anybody know what the reason might be if the splash screen of UTL does not appear when the sim starts up? It did so upon first start. Then it didn't. I then installed it another time and it showed up again and injected traffic as expected. Upon the next start of the sim the splash screen was gone again and no traffic.

Hans

On 1/21/2018 at 8:26 PM, Dirk98 said:

Guys, I'm thinking of buying UTL, Mostly I'm happy with MT6 but I don't see traffic ahead of me on approach and landing even in major hubs with it.  Do you have it with UTL? I read UTL traffic follows SID/STARS and airways, but where does it get the navdata from for those?

Thanks.

I just got UTL today and I'm happy from how it looks and performs.

I use only RC4 for ATC and I actually haven't even bothered to check if it is supported I am hoping they work well together and I haven't made a mistake :(

Will report back

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Posted by Rich JF Forum Global Traffic thread yesterday.

Hi,

All the flight plans featured in Traffic Global have been based on real-world commercial flight data. Unless there is a scheduled flight running between a commercial airport and a military base somewhere in the world, you shouldn't be seeing any errant flight plans like that (unless you make them yourself of course). 

Hopefully will be out soon.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what Traffic Global brings to the table.  Using MT6 now and want to change but UTL does not seem like the answer.  Fixing liveries and adding freight routes and liveries to the program to make it satisfactory does not seem like the answer for me.