Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

PacSim just released Reno-Tahoe for P3Dv4

I've never heard of this developer until now.  The photos look so realistic and accurate (I live nearby & spent a fair amount of time there), and how about they go so far as to explain recommended settings for lighting, autogen, vector compatibility, etc etc.  Awesome!  (Although the "500Gb SSD" recommendation on the hardware kinda threw me)  :biggrin:  Thanks for the post ! 

I'm buying it now.  

rgds

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

This developer is one of the best.  When P3D v4, this dev updated their FSX installers to P3D v4 and was kind enough to provide me with links.

I give PacSim an excellent rating!

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is it just me that wonders why they don't seem sell Salt Lake city on 3rd party vendors like Simmarket a bit strange? they sell everything else apart from that, It would probably be their most popular sale if more people knew about it. I'm certainly interested now I've found out about it.

I have every PacSim product that is P3Dv4 compatible.  Graham and his team are doing RKSI next.  Here is my first landing at KRNO:

• Like 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

22 hours ago, DylanC said:

Pacsim is right up there with all the other great scenery developers for FSX/P3D.  Truly underrated and it sounds like they’re still a bit of an unknown in the community.  I think many if not all who have bought any of their previous sceneries will tell you that this is an instant buy.  Thanks for the heads up @Wise87.

I only knew about their Pacific Island airports, and since I don’t fly in that region, I haven’t paid much attention to them.  But their work does look very nice!

12 hours ago, Litmoose said:

Is it just me that wonders why they don't seem sell Salt Lake city on 3rd party vendors like Simmarket a bit strange?

They did previously at other sites.  Not quite sure what changed though.  My roommate purchased SLC at PC Aviator, but PacSim pulled it off their site.

4 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I have every PacSim product that is P3Dv4 compatible.  Graham and his team are doing RKSI next.  Here is my first landing at KRNO:

Last I heard his team was himself and his wife. 

Eric 

8 hours ago, B777ER said:

Last I heard his team was himself and his wife. 

Great work, regardless of how many people worked on it!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, threegreen said:

I don't think you can. From experience, it's heavy on the system. I removed all cars at the airport via the config tool and keep autogen at sparse and I'm still getting stutters.

My system is a notch below yours and I get barely noticeable micro-stutters with all settings maxed out, 4k @ 60hz. This is with ORBX Global Base, Vector and openLC also loaded. FPS 30-50.

For comparison, I'm using i5-6600k @4.4, 16gb G.Skill @2666, gtx 1070 @1772-1907, p3d4.1 on nvme 950 pro 256gb, win10 on nvme 960evo 500gb

How does this scenery interface with ORBX Global textures and ORBX NorCal Region?

Thanks,

Greg

7 hours ago, nvxplorer said:

My system is a notch below yours and I get barely noticeable micro-stutters with all settings maxed out, 4k @ 60hz. This is with ORBX Global Base, Vector and openLC also loaded. FPS 30-50.

For comparison, I'm using i5-6600k @4.4, 16gb G.Skill @2666, gtx 1070 @1772-1907, p3d4.1 on nvme 950 pro 256gb, win10 on nvme 960evo 500gb

:sad:

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

9 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

After Inchon can they please do  Saipan and Guam?? They are Pacific islands... after all...

Morten Van Der Linden (in the Avsim library) has an excellent Saipan and Guam that I am using in P3d.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

2 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Morten Van Der Linden (in the Avsim library) has an excellent Saipan and Guam that I am using in P3d.

I am old and memory failing but in fsx I remember the quality is just ok of the scenery, and Guam has an updated layout. I had a large fps issue on Saipan I could not find the problem.

Just now, Boeing or not going said:

I am old and memory failing but in fsx I remember the quality is just ok of the scenery, and Guam has an updated layout. I had a large fps issue on Saipan I could not find the problem.

I do remember a discussion about this, but the latest version was supposed to address most of the concerns.  I never had any issues with fps, but I know that one of the folks I was discussing the fps issue with had the same set up as I had and was having fps issues.  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam