Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

PacSim just released Reno-Tahoe for P3Dv4

It’s finally here. Can’t wait to give it a try. If it’s like KSLC we’re in for a treat. 

http://islandsim.com/index.html

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Is salt lake pretty good? I've been thinking about grabbing it.  I need another delta hub. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Seen with the eyes of a VFR pilot like me it is pretty good. Quite a large area modeled in fine detail.

Kind regard, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is salt lake pretty good? I've been thinking about grabbing it.  I need another delta hub. 

To me, yes, it does. I like it. Lots of routes to fly.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Can you turn off the surrounding scenery like the city and what not, id kinda just like the airport. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

28 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Can you turn off the surrounding scenery like the city and what not, id kinda just like the airport. 

I don't think you can. From experience, it's heavy on the system. I removed all cars at the airport via the config tool and keep autogen at sparse and I'm still getting stutters.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Instant buy. Cannot wait for their RKSI!

Eric 

Installed and flying. Very detailed version of Reno. No stutters for me. Well worth the price and worth waiting for. Will be trying KSLC - KRNO soon.

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Done about a hundred hours of flight training at the real RNO so I've been eager for this one to come out, although I've never bought from Pacsim before. Overall I'd say it's quite nice and all the important landmarks around the airport and city are there. Terminals and other buildings around the airport are very accurate. Performance isn't too bad either even with heavy hitters like the FSL A320. My only real complaint is the low resolution of some of the runway markings (threshold arrows specifically), and that runways and taxiways are still completely dry even in winter textures.

As a nitpick, it would be nice to have an option to put some static GA, cargo planes, and fighter jets to put in their respective parking areas, since UTLive only seems to put traffic at the passenger terminals unless I crank the density way up.

Overall, it is a bit on the pricey side for what it is, but worth it if you do lots of flying in the area!

Edited by wckorb
  • Upvote 2

Man, I didn’t know these guys made a KSLC!  Literally, this morning I was thinking how much I’d like to get a nice version of that airport!  And I’m excited for KRNO too!  I’ll definitely be picking up both of these airports.

1 hour ago, wckorb said:

As a nitpick, it would be nice to have an option to put some static GA, cargo planes, and fighter jets to put in their respective parking areas, since UTLive only seems to put traffic at the passenger terminals unless I crank the density way up.

Overall, it is a bit on the pricey side for what it is, but worth it if you do lots of flying in the area!

If you go to the UTL support forum there is a cookbook about how to add cargo airlines (FEDEX, UPS, DHL, ATLAS) to the traffic generator (pending the delayed release of "PowerPack" which may be able to assist in adding things like that). It is complete with links to download the necessary liveries, etc. As far as GA goes, In the UTL Client, have you gone to Configuration | Flt Sim and adjusted the GA percentage there? You will need to do this without P3D running. And then Save Settings. Let me know if you want a screen shot. 

Hope this helps.

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I have had KSLC since it's release and like it a lot.   PacSim does an excellent job with the surrounding countryside.  KRNO is very nice but I agree with some others, the price is a little high when you compare KRNO vs FlyTampa KBOS which is exceptional.  KBOS ground, snow and slush are simply the best.   I also like the HUMANS that are moving about.  I wish other developers would add more workers.  It adds a lot to the immersion.  

Edited by kenthom
  • Upvote 2

PacSim has been building good airports for a long time.  They used to go by Pacific Island Simulation and did a lot of just that.

• Upvote 2

Pacsim is right up there with all the other great scenery developers for FSX/P3D.  Truly underrated and it sounds like they’re still a bit of an unknown in the community.  I think many if not all who have bought any of their previous sceneries will tell you that this is an instant buy.  Thanks for the heads up @Wise87.

Edited by DylanC
  • Upvote 3

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."