HiFlyer

Star Citizen Charges $27,000 to Unlock ships

Game gone wild¬†ūü§Ď

(Warning for the sensitive, 3 mild cuss words included in vid)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Betty?  Did you see that 27,000 dollars in change I had on my dresser?  I can't find it now.

Noel

• Like 1

This "game" is never going to be released.

It won't be released as long as they can milk that cash cow from the sheeple! :ohmy:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

Betty?  Did you see that 27,000 dollars in change I had on my dresser?  I can't find it now.

Noel

Noel, look under the sofa cushionūüėČ

Thats nuts

Absolutely insane but as a business owner...I'd probably do the same exact thing. Their product isn't a game but the concept. As long as people keep buying it, they won't stop selling it. At this point they're just seeing how far their customers would go to buy the product. Smart. Screwed up...but Smart.

I think twas P.T. Barnum who once said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

Now, back to my Outerra sim...

Jerry N.

Time to think of a new scheme, Chris.

Never will this be released. How many millions did they raise? How many years in development? 

$188 Million.  6 years in development.  And a horribly broken pre-alpha build.

This game will probably end up with only three players left running it, the three who've spent that 27 grand desperately trying to beat each other, but with them unable to do so because they've all three got the pay to win cheat code lol.

They should have called the long-promised Squadron 42 expansion 419 Squadron, at least that would have given people a bit of a clue lol

These guys are definitely lost in space :-)

Posted (edited)

Announcing the all new Star Citizen add-on:

Nigerian Space Prince - You play a character who has inherited 27 Million Space Dollars, but for some inexplicable reason your character does not have a basic intergalactic bank account they are able to use; thus your mission is to find other wealthy people in the galaxy who will lend you their bank account details so you can transfer your fortune to Cloud Imperium Games....erm I mean, erm, oh, let's think.... got it, to transfer your fortune to, erm.... other sectors of the galaxy with their assistance.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another quote I've liked over the years (I live in Florida, the scam and fraud epicenter of the U.S.)

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

2 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

$188 Million.  6 years in development.  And a horribly broken pre-alpha build.

Sounds like the crj

• Upvote 1

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL¬†ūüėāūü§£

While I understand the amazement, I really don't understand why people are so horrified about this move. You're not forced to purchase anything. This is an offer. 

In my opinion, Star Citizen is not a 'circle in the drain' or vaporware of whatever adjective you fling at it. There's a clear plan for the development of the game, and they've actually come pretty far. I myself, is a backer (although only for the cheapest option!) and I certainly enjoy logging in, and flying around and landing on the available planets etc... 

Yes, it's far from finished and yes, there's a long way to go yet. But they regularly release updates, they have quarterly monthly feature updates and there's new features and fixes coming quite fast. 

Sometimes I get the feeling, that people who is so horrified and appalled about Star Citizen, is the ones who actually doesn't follow the development and news cycle of the game. It's a bit sad, since I they then end up spreading highly subjective, false information, which quickly leads to a feeding frenzy, with pathos tones arguments flying everywhere, which isn't based in fact or truth, but rather based on feelings and quickly developed opinions about what this software does and don't. The discussion evolves into a blame game, which blames the developers (RSI) and claims that everything from they're wasting their backers money to that the whole thing is one big scam operation... 

I'm sorry for this post, but I just felt it needed to be said. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2018 at 11:46 AM, birdguy said:

Noel

OMG ROFLMAO  Noel !  You didn't tell me Betty is a hard core gamer .

Edited by Penzoil3

$188 Million, 6 years and really nothing to show for it. $27,000 for some JPEGs. 

Funny, Vancouver was able to complete a rapid transit corridor in 4 years, 20 km long, majority tunneled, albeit for over $2.0 Billion. 

I would surmise that for $188 Million and 6 years, you would have the ultimate video game.

• Like 1

Amazing. I as able to get the same deal six months ago for only USD $15000. It pays to sign up early..............Doug

Oh yeah, Sue, she's hard core alright.  Her favorite games are Feeding the Cats 3.0 and Going Shopping 125.2.

Noel 

7 hours ago, Groovy_Kincaid said:

$188 Million, 6 years and really nothing to show forÔĽŅ it. $27,000 for some JPEGs.¬†

What do you mean 'nothing to show for it'??? 

Please stop stating your own personal opinion as fact!! 
This is exactly the kind of subjective information, which is being spread. 

14 hours ago, Chock said:

Announcing the all new Star Citizen add-on:

Nigerian Space Prince - You play a character who has inherited 27 Million Space Dollars, but for some inexplicable reason your character does not have a basic intergalactic bank account they are able to use; thus your mission is to find other wealthy people in the galaxy who will lend you their bank account details so you can transfer your fortune to Cloud Imperium Games....erm I mean, erm, oh, let's think.... got it, to transfer your fortune to, erm.... other sectors of the galaxy with their assistance.

Was this game written on the planet Nigerium

I backed this when it was first Kickstarted for the minimum amount and haven't spend a single penny since then.  I think that calling it Vapourware is a little bit of a stretch, progress is slow it's almost measurable in geological timescales; but this aside clear progress is being made.  Chris Roberts is the problem, he is almost certainly the American Peter Molyneux, the original game sounded like a slightly more in depth Elite with a larger focus on combat, the current game sounds like second life set in space mixed with P3D and Doom, sounds awesome but the more they pile on the longer it will take.