YukonPete

FlythemadogX just released SP1

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the HU,

Just installed and added TSS Sounds and the new "merge". It's the top of its class this aircraft. A real credit to the dev's and testers. The "merge" is the icing on the cake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks for the HU,

Just installed and added TSS Sounds and the new "merge". It's the top of its class this aircraft. A real credit to the dev's and testers. The "merge" is the icing on the cake.

What is the "merge"?

Share this post


Link to post

 The install intructions don't mention anything about uninstalling first. Is it okay to just install over top of your existing maddog? P3dV4.3.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

 The install intructions don't mention anything about uninstalling first. Is it okay to just install over top of your existing maddog? P3dV4.3.

Thanks.

I'll do a clean installation.

Guess it's time to take some dust of my maddog. :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks for the HU,

Just installed and added TSS Sounds and the new "merge". It's the top of its class this aircraft. A real credit to the dev's and testers. The "merge" is the icing on the cake.

Didn't they improved the external sounds with this sp1?

Share this post


Link to post

I did an uninstall through windows and installed new version. Nice and clean.

23 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

What is the "merge"?

They give info on how to make the TSS sound pack should have been from there pov. With info on what to change to make it as they feel is right. Its now the best of both worlds, the true sounds of the engines and APU with the flightdeck as it should be. Perfect!

----------------------------------

The one very small thing I don't like (nitpicking) is there is no " On Ground power " pre set.

So here is how do make your own.

1) Load the aircraft up in Cold & Dark.

2) Set the aircraft up as you prefer

3) exit sim

4) Go to your Maddog x Files folder, make a backup of your "Cold and dark.mdx" file

5) Delete the file (not the back up 😝)

6) Now rename your "previous Flight.mdx" file to "Cold and dark.mdx"

Next time you start a flight it will be in the new config you made.

Enjoy!

 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Stefano says there's more nice news coming in the next few days. Could it even be getting better?! Hard to imagine!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

 The install intructions don't mention anything about uninstalling first. Is it okay to just install over top of your existing maddog? P3dV4.3.

Thanks.

There's a guide inside the zip file that just explains the installation procedure.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know if Tomato Shade profile works?

Share this post


Link to post

How's it on fps. I have a 4790k and a 1080 TI. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

How's it on fps. I have a 4790k and a 1080 TI. 

I get more FPS than the PMDG NG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry for a noob question, but where is the download link for that SP1. Did not buy directly from Maddog.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Sorry for a noob question, but where is the download link for that SP1. Did not buy directly from Maddog.

Re-download from SimMarket.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Re-download from SimMarket.

 

 

Thanks, Dave. In that case, I will give it a total miss, as I have just posted elsewhere re:simMarket's abysmal support. Still waiting 3-4 days, and by then the window for Black Friday-Monday will have gone, and potential buys gone too.

Thanks to them, I will never again be spending my money there, if this is the ambivalent attitude they possess towards paying customers!

Edited by vc10man

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

How's it on fps. I have a 4790k and a 1080 TI. 

HI, Im using a 4690k and 970..No issues

                                Rick

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks, Dave. In that case, I will give it a total miss, as I have just posted elsewhere re:simMarket's abysmal support. Still waiting 3-4 days, and by then the window for Black Friday-Monday will have gone, and potential buys gone too.

Thanks to them, I will never again be spending my money there, if this is the ambivalent attitude they possess towards paying customers!

If you already bought the product you simply redownload it from your account. Doesn't cost you another dime.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dbw1 said:

 The install intructions don't mention anything about uninstalling first. Is it okay to just install over top of your existing maddog? P3dV4.3.

Thanks.

Yes it does. when you open the download view the documents. It has detailed instructions

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Could it even be getting better?

Maybe new sounds? 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

If you already bought the product you simply redownload it from your account. Doesn't cost you another dime.

Thanks, Vic. Good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Stefano says there's more nice news coming in the next few days. Could it even be getting better?! Hard to imagine!

MD83 and MD88 coming. At least the 83.

Share this post


Link to post

Sure are a lot of CTD reports with this release in the MD forums. May wait a few days for additional feedback. 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Irishcurse said:

MD83 and MD88 coming. At least the 83.

The MD-88 coming along with the 83. I've tested both of them.

 

23 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Sure are a lot of CTD reports with this release in the MD forums. May wait a few days for additional feedback. 

I've not had any issues.

 

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Sure are a lot of CTD reports with this release in the MD forums. May wait a few days for additional feedback. 

The only ones are related to the weather radar. For the time being, better is to set it to OFF.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now