Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Which P3D airport scenery most anticipated in 2019?

Which P3D airport sceneries are you most looking forward to in 2019?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Most anticipated P3D airport sceneries (possibly) released in 2019?

• Aerosoft (Jo Erlend Sund) - EBBR Brussels National
    • Drzewiecki Design - Chicago Airports + City
    • Flightbeam Studios (Bill Womack) - KPDX Portland Int'l
    • Flightbeam Studios - NZWN Wellington
    • FlyTampa - KATL Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int'l
    • FSDG - GMMN Casablanca Mohammed V Int'l
    • FSDG - LGRP Rhodes Diagoras
    • FSDreamteam - KORD Chicago O'Hare Int'l
    • Imaginesim - KLAX Los Angeles Int'l
    • MK-Studios - EIDW Dublin
    • ORBX (Bill Womack) - KDAL Dallas Love Field
    • ORBX - LEAS Asturias
    • ORBX - NZNV Invercargill
    • PILOT'S - LEMD Madrid-Barajas
    • South World Scenery - FAOR Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Int'l

Well, it's Christmas Eve Eve, just 8 and a bit days of the year left and a Sunday.
Perfect time to consider what next year has in store.

For a bit of fun, I've created a poll to see which P3D scenery that has been officially announced and could be released in 2019, is most anticipated by the community. 

I've deliberately left out FlyTampa's Las Vegas as I'm sure *everyone* is looking forward to that one and, who knows, when they said "coming soon", it might even arrive before the end of this year (fingers crossed!).

I've also left out Flightbeam's Auckland as there's no definite timeline given on that scenery yet.

Please choose your 3 most exciting airport sceneries.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm missing Las Vegas and Auckland ....

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

The ones that use PBR to it's fullest.

Cheers, Rob.

One that’s missing from that list and that will probably be released just before the end of this year: JetStream Designs Paris Orly LFPO.

Cheerd, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

45 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

The ones that use PBR to it's fullest.

Cheers, Rob.

Do you know of any besides FSDT O'Hare?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

12 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Do you know of any besides FSDT O'Hare?

Yes, but not sure if I'm allowed to share that info.  PBR or no PBR will most definitely impact my purchase decisions for "new" airports going forward ... in fact, PBR anything (vehicles, buildings, aircraft) will have a big influence on my purchase decision for 2019.

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Guest

Help a dummy. What is PBR?

Physically Based Rendering ... is a better way to present light ... combined with ray tracing (even limited ray tracing) it can present a more realistic lighted environment.  There are "flavors" of PBR, some more complex computationally than others.  PBR and ray tracing should be enough to make most user not pay attention to the "missing" elements of light ... the next step in the rendering evolution will most likely be advances in particle rendering that does NOT use billboard quad (quadrilateral which is always facing the view point ... aka P3D cloud system).  Ray Tracing took 10 years, so lets see if a "almost" true particle system will take 10 years.  The goal being, everything you see (or more accurate don't see) in a hollywood CGI movie can be render in real time at 30 FPS rather than being sent to a render farm of 1000's of servers rendering a single frame in several seconds (SPF).

Cheers, Rob.

42 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes, but not sure if I'm allowed to share that info.  PBR or no PBR will most definitely impact my purchase decisions for "new" airports going forward ... in fact, PBR anything (vehicles, buildings, aircraft) will have a big influence on my purchase decision for 2019.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm not expecting you to share anything specific, the 'Yes' at the beginning is all the info I need. I agree with you on the PBR part, there are four payware airports in the works which are an instant buy for me plus SunSkyJet's KDTW for free which looks absolutely stunning and is in the same league as the big payware scenery devs, judging from the preview shots. Three of those are close to release and now that P3D v4.4 is out, I'm thinking (hoping) they've been held off a little longer to make (full) use of PBR.

Do you think aircraft developers will make full use of PBR for aircraft being released from now on? By that I mean not just the liveries/external model but the virtual cockpit as well?

I'm drooling uncontrollably at the thought of a PMDG NG3 with a full PBR cockpit...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

51 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Physically Based Rendering ... is a better way to present light ... combined with ray tracing (even limited ray tracing) it can present a more realistic lighted environment.  There are "flavors" of PBR, some more complex computationally than others.  PBR and ray tracing should be enough to make most user not pay attention to the "missing" elements of light ... the next step in the rendering evolution will most likely be advances in particle rendering that does NOT use billboard quad (quadrilateral which is always facing the view point ... aka P3D cloud system).  Ray Tracing took 10 years, so lets see if a "almost" true particle system will take 10 years.  The goal being, everything you see (or more accurate don't see) in a hollywood CGI movie can be render in real time at 30 FPS rather than being sent to a render farm of 1000's of servers rendering a single frame in several seconds (SPF).

Cheers, Rob.

So I have the new update from FlytheMaddogX that has PBR and I am looking around trying to figure out if I see anything different.  The only example that seems to stand out (and I am not even sure if this is right or not) is panning around in the external view when the sunlight hits the windows in the front of the plane, it only reflects intensly off of one of the windows and it changes which window based on the the relative position of the aircraft to the sun.  Is this what to expect with PBR?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

None in that list. more than 1/3 of them have completely serviceable scenery available - some released within 2018.

I'm waiting for FSimStudios MMUN and SSJ's freeware DTW - two major airports that have no add on scenery for P3D. 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

54 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

SSJ's freeware DTW

This. Won't count my chickens though. 

Edited by Jetset408
  • Upvote 2

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

jetstream EGKK?? I long for the day I can uninstall the dross unoptimsed uk2000 steaming pile of poo that is EGKK, its horrendous 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Sorry, none of the above move me in the slightest.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)