F737NG

Which P3D airport scenery most anticipated in 2019?

Which P3D airport sceneries are you most looking forward to in 2019?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Most anticipated P3D airport sceneries (possibly) released in 2019?

• Aerosoft (Jo Erlend Sund) - EBBR Brussels National
    • Drzewiecki Design - Chicago Airports + City
    • Flightbeam Studios (Bill Womack) - KPDX Portland Int'l
    • Flightbeam Studios - NZWN Wellington
    • FlyTampa - KATL Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int'l
    • FSDG - GMMN Casablanca Mohammed V Int'l
    • FSDG - LGRP Rhodes Diagoras
    • FSDreamteam - KORD Chicago O'Hare Int'l
    • Imaginesim - KLAX Los Angeles Int'l
    • MK-Studios - EIDW Dublin
    • ORBX (Bill Womack) - KDAL Dallas Love Field
    • ORBX - LEAS Asturias
    • ORBX - NZNV Invercargill
    • PILOT'S - LEMD Madrid-Barajas
    • South World Scenery - FAOR Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Int'l

Well, it's Christmas Eve Eve, just 8 and a bit days of the year left and a Sunday.
Perfect time to consider what next year has in store.

For a bit of fun, I've created a poll to see which P3D scenery that has been officially announced and could be released in 2019, is most anticipated by the community. 

I've deliberately left out FlyTampa's Las Vegas as I'm sure *everyone* is looking forward to that one and, who knows, when they said "coming soon", it might even arrive before the end of this year (fingers crossed!).

I've also left out Flightbeam's Auckland as there's no definite timeline given on that scenery yet.

Please choose your 3 most exciting airport sceneries.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm looking for a developer to show a little love to New Mexico KABQ or KLRU  👍

• Like 1

I'm missing Las Vegas and Auckland ....

• Upvote 1

The ones that use PBR to it's fullest.

Cheers, Rob.

One that’s missing from that list and that will probably be released just before the end of this year: JetStream Designs Paris Orly LFPO.

Cheerd, Ed

45 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

The ones that use PBR to it's fullest.

Cheers, Rob.

Do you know of any besides FSDT O'Hare?

12 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Do you know of any besides FSDT O'Hare?

Yes, but not sure if I'm allowed to share that info.  PBR or no PBR will most definitely impact my purchase decisions for "new" airports going forward ... in fact, PBR anything (vehicles, buildings, aircraft) will have a big influence on my purchase decision for 2019.

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Guest

Physically Based Rendering ... is a better way to present light ... combined with ray tracing (even limited ray tracing) it can present a more realistic lighted environment.  There are "flavors" of PBR, some more complex computationally than others.  PBR and ray tracing should be enough to make most user not pay attention to the "missing" elements of light ... the next step in the rendering evolution will most likely be advances in particle rendering that does NOT use billboard quad (quadrilateral which is always facing the view point ... aka P3D cloud system).  Ray Tracing took 10 years, so lets see if a "almost" true particle system will take 10 years.  The goal being, everything you see (or more accurate don't see) in a hollywood CGI movie can be render in real time at 30 FPS rather than being sent to a render farm of 1000's of servers rendering a single frame in several seconds (SPF).

Cheers, Rob.

42 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes, but not sure if I'm allowed to share that info.  PBR or no PBR will most definitely impact my purchase decisions for "new" airports going forward ... in fact, PBR anything (vehicles, buildings, aircraft) will have a big influence on my purchase decision for 2019.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm not expecting you to share anything specific, the 'Yes' at the beginning is all the info I need. I agree with you on the PBR part, there are four payware airports in the works which are an instant buy for me plus SunSkyJet's KDTW for free which looks absolutely stunning and is in the same league as the big payware scenery devs, judging from the preview shots. Three of those are close to release and now that P3D v4.4 is out, I'm thinking (hoping) they've been held off a little longer to make (full) use of PBR.

Do you think aircraft developers will make full use of PBR for aircraft being released from now on? By that I mean not just the liveries/external model but the virtual cockpit as well?

I'm drooling uncontrollably at the thought of a PMDG NG3 with a full PBR cockpit...

51 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Physically Based Rendering ... is a better way to present light ... combined with ray tracing (even limited ray tracing) it can present a more realistic lighted environment.  There are "flavors" of PBR, some more complex computationally than others.  PBR and ray tracing should be enough to make most user not pay attention to the "missing" elements of light ... the next step in the rendering evolution will most likely be advances in particle rendering that does NOT use billboard quad (quadrilateral which is always facing the view point ... aka P3D cloud system).  Ray Tracing took 10 years, so lets see if a "almost" true particle system will take 10 years.  The goal being, everything you see (or more accurate don't see) in a hollywood CGI movie can be render in real time at 30 FPS rather than being sent to a render farm of 1000's of servers rendering a single frame in several seconds (SPF).

Cheers, Rob.

So I have the new update from FlytheMaddogX that has PBR and I am looking around trying to figure out if I see anything different.  The only example that seems to stand out (and I am not even sure if this is right or not) is panning around in the external view when the sunlight hits the windows in the front of the plane, it only reflects intensly off of one of the windows and it changes which window based on the the relative position of the aircraft to the sun.  Is this what to expect with PBR?

None in that list. more than 1/3 of them have completely serviceable scenery available - some released within 2018.

I'm waiting for FSimStudios MMUN and SSJ's freeware DTW - two major airports that have no add on scenery for P3D. 

54 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

SSJ's freeware DTW

This. Won't count my chickens though. 

Edited by Jetset408
  • Upvote 2

jetstream EGKK?? I long for the day I can uninstall the dross unoptimsed uk2000 steaming pile of poo that is EGKK, its horrendous 

Edited by tooting

Good poll.  Definitely looking fwd to KORD with PBR

Great Poll. 

I am waiting with great alacrity and reckless abandon for none of them so I have not submitted to the Poll.

As usual and in perpetuity, it seems, nothing Australian is foreseen but YPPH is apparently expected, hopefully before my grandchildren pass on from old age.m

So for me, sadly no expectations just unfulfilled want lists.

However in passing, on Christmas Eve, and living in a country which largely does not celebrate it, I would very much like to pass on Seasons Greetings for those who do, and, A great and better 2019 for all of us.

Regards

Tony

Not on the list but I’m eagerly awaiting Orbx Orlando cityscape with KMCO

• Upvote 3

PBR with the MaddogX

PBR_zpsipvuac2a.jpg

PBR1_zpsnzcaik9h.jpg

Edited by alpha117

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

However in passing, on Christmas Eve, and living in a country which largely does not celebrate it, I would very much like to pass on Seasons Greetings for those who do, and, A great and better 2019 for all of us.

Appreciate your sentiments, Tony.  If we each do our part, 2019 can't help but be great.  Merry Christmas to you and your family!

18 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Are there any screenshots anywhere of FSDG Rhodes?

The best source for FSDG upcoming projects is their Facebook page. (usually)