scianoir

Eaglesoft Challenger 605 under development!

Eaglesoft have just posted some (external) screenshots on their Facebook page of the Challenger 605 business jet which they have under development. There is no information yet on which platform(s) it is being developed for but the screenshots certainly look very nice. Eaglesoft have been been relatively dormant for many years but they produced some quality aircraft for FS9 and, assuming they put some effort into good systems replication, this hopefully should be a very nice additional business jet simulation.

Bill

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I see in another announcement that it is slated for the 32-bit platforms. Pity, they need to enter the 64-bit market.

All of the currently in work projects will also be in 64 bit. Personally, I am very excited for the Challenger as there are no real marketable mid to long range biz jets that are worth spending money on right now beyond the FlySimware Falcon 50 which I would very much recommend as well!

I guess there must still be a very strong 32bit market? I only upgraded to the 64bit version of P3D two weeks ago, so maybe there are lots of other stubborn people out there :wink:

There is still a large FS9 community, so I expect there to be a significant FSX/FSX:SE community for years to come.  I think it is wise for developers to make add on software that is compatible with both 32 bit FSX and 64 bit P3D.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I guess there must still be a very strong 32bit market? I only upgraded to the 64bit version of P3D two weeks ago, so maybe there are lots of other stubborn people out there :wink:

In my case it's sensible not stubborn. FSX after much tweaking and add-ons is running as sweet as a nut on my high end system. I have every orbx product and multiple high end aircraft and get high frame rates and can run LOD from 5.5 to 8.5 most of the time. 

Plus FSX entertains me so I will stick with it thanks! 

• Upvote 1

I have to give you that one, Russell. It is very difficult having to accept that I am not allowed to enjoy myself when I "play" P3D :wink:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 1/10/2019 at 6:55 PM, DavidP said:

I see in another announcement that it is slated for the 32-bit platforms. Pity, they need to enter the 64-bit market.

All 4th Generation releases will be for P3Dv4+

I have missed Eaglesoft Developers in P3Dv4 so much.  I can't wait until they start releasing 64bit simulations.

In FSX, they were always one of my favorites and now it looks like they have improved their texturing so that it is at a level with Carenado. Simply beautiful!!

Hi Folks,

While I am also eager for the Challenger - isn't it just a short chopped CRJ ?

😁

Regards,
Scott

What I would like is a super detailed business jet that has an autothrottle, and that can land on relatively short runways.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:52 PM, scianoir said:

Eaglesoft have just posted some (external) screenshots on their Facebook page of the Challenger 605 business jet which they have under development. There is no information yet on which platform(s) it is being developed for but the screenshots certainly look very nice. Eaglesoft have been been relatively dormant for many years but they produced some quality aircraft for FS9 and, assuming they put some effort into good systems replication, this hopefully should be a very nice additional business jet simulation.

Bill

Although this story is old and found on a competing FS site, these are the kind of stories AVSIM is seeking for news stories on the front page.  All Chuck needs is the link to the original information and he'll take it from there.  Just use the Contact Us system in the menu above.  I see no problem posting it here too but some members like to see what's new on the front page before hitting the forums (and they may not go to the Hangar Chat at all during their visits).  I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention as we have several pinned topics asking for news stories.  In other words Bill, nothing you did wrong!

Thanks Jim - I’m not very familiar with Facebook but will try to work out how to create a link to a FB page and get it over to Chuck!

Bill

37 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Thanks Jim - I’m not very familiar with Facebook but will try to work out how to create a link to a FB page and get it over to Chuck!

Bill

Don't worry about it Bill.  The news has been out for some time now (maybe a week?) and your post will provide "the news" this time.  Back when AVSIM was first getting started AVSIM had a lot of reporters and members who scoured the net and got the latest.  We don't want the news stories posted by our competitors but links from the developer's website or from National News Organizations like Sky, ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox News.  My comments were for all members at AVSIM as I know many are reading your topic. 

19 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

While I am also eager for the Challenger - isn't it just a short chopped CRJ ?

😁

Regards,
Scott

Actually, the CRJ is a lengthened Challenger. The Challenger came first, and the CRJ was derived from it!😎

Hi Jim,

LOL - gotcha...

Hi Folks,

What's "Facebook" ???

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

What's "Facebook" ???

A social media site that has stolen all user information and shared with the rest of the world :biggrin:.

Although my 3 year old told my wife once, "Facebook?" why you want a book on your face mummy? it made me laugh...

S.

• Like 1

Happy to have seen their progress reported here , with respect to posting this on the front page its rare to link to a facebook post as these are often redirected links to a login or join page for many who are not facebook users.

Ron is an old acquaintance , I worked on their SR 22 series when that was brought to FSX , perhaps he can provide time for an interview and touch base , its been some time since we chatted on Skype . 

Best CJ

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/10/2019 at 4:52 PM, scianoir said:

Bill

Good to see Eaglesoft still at it.  They are a class act in our hobby, rare to come out with titles but the titles they come out with are show stoppers!

John

• Upvote 1

They were certainly up there amongst the best developers for FS9 and let’s hope they keep up that standard with this new product. 

Bill

• Like 1

I see a 4000 nm range for the Challenger 605 (is that correct?)  

If so, it can cross the Atlantic.  That would be nice to see, even though we also have the Falcon 50 now.  I was holding out for a 64-bit Citation X but this'll do.

4 minutes ago, Mace said:

If so, it can cross the Atlantic.  That would be nice to see, even though we also have the Falcon 50 now.  I was holding out for a 64-bit Citation X but this'll do.

In FS9 with WOAI I used to do real time Oceanic flights, with ATC over the web for effect.  I would go to sleep during the flight, wake up in the morning to land in London, Frankfurt, Munich or Zurich, all four cities I have flown non-stop to in real life from 1977-2017.  In P3D and Xplane I stick to two hour jet or prop flights, about my limit now for real time flights, I prefer 45 min to one hour flights even more if they cover a variety of scenery. 

Once I went on a biz trip to Vegas in '94.  I flew there from SFO while staying with my parents, got there and checked my voicemail at McCarran.  I never made it to my client or out of the airport.  My boss Chuck left me a message -- DO NOT GO TO THE CLIENT's HOTEL, THEY ARE NOT READY!  So I had to go to baggage claim, check back in at Southwest, I put some money in the one armed bandits on my way back to the gates and won about ten bucks, then boarded the same aircraft I came in on to the amazement of the astonished and oh so sexy flight attendants who wanted to hug me.  Then I caught the bus home and before evening even fell, walked back to my parents house, unlocked the door to their stunned astonishment.

I begged my boss to stay but he wanted me to go on another gig.  I refused after the tiring turnaround and instead drove to the Nugget Reno the next day for a week's R n R not to gamble but for their great Bellamy Brother's show and wonderful indoor swimming pool.  While I was there I had a voicemail from my boss who asked me to go home and wait for instructions for my next gig, then I found myself called the next morning and rushed to Michigan for an emergency via Sacramento and ORD the next day. 

I was team lead for twenty of my employees and sadly had to go up there to write up one and have him terminated because he made a pass at a male bartender.  My boss was gay but he had zero tolerance for gays who stepped out of line on the job.  We have remained friends since but I was sorry I was put in such an awkward and tender position being a flaming heterosexual, lol.  My client understood what I and my former colleague was going thru and was very apologetic but we both knew I had to make a call on the problem, to protect her staff and my former colleagues future career. 

That is why I gave up being a boss in my later career and gave up my dream of becoming a CFI--I preferred and still prefer to be a workerbee or a drone and I set up or help set up and test websites pro bono now in my early retirement, so I do not go stir crazy from having no purpose.  That is why I participate in the Xplane11 betas and Lockheed Martin updates, just to help them both for saving our hobby and our community.

22 minutes ago, Mace said:

That is correct - it’s range is about 1000nm more than the Falcon 50 so the 605 should be able to do flights like NY or Washington to London comfortably non-stop in both directions whereas the Falcon would probably require a fuel stop particularly on westbound flights against the prevailing winds.

Bill

10 hours ago, Chuck_Jodry-VJPL said:

Happy to have seen their progress reported here , with respect to posting this on the front page its rare to link to a facebook post as these are often redirected links to a login or join page for many who are not facebook users.

Ron is an old acquaintance , I worked on their SR 22 series when that was brought to FSX , perhaps he can provide time for an interview and touch base , its been some time since we chatted on Skype . 

Best CJ

Thanks to all for your support over the years. A visit to our website here:  http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/  For a glance at our Generation Three and Generation Four Catalogs and Lineup should be enough to satisfy those who are averse to FB.

We use FB to inform that strata as to what we are currently developing and what we intend. The following is quote from the FB Page which may be of help.

"Recent improvements in process and coding, along with new and competent beta test access allow us to at least consider the possibility of offering Citation XLS+ RTM for either Generation Three, 32 Bit Simulation Platforms such as FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, and P3DV3 or Generation Four, 64 Bit Simulation Platform such as P3DV4.

This would allow customer choice of Platform Specific Versions. More on this as final determinations are made."

Actually Chuck I've recently reinstalled Skype so will try to touch base soon.😎

🤔

Edited by N400QW

On 1/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, Mace said:

Yeah I'll likely get the challenger (if the govt ever reopens grrr!)....but I'm truly excited for the new P3D version of their Citation X