Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

A_A Beijing released

It's on Simmarket. Not a big fan of sceneries developed for both FSX and P3D, but I guess this is better than a stick in the eye and expands the Asian destinations a bit.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I wonder how this compares to the other Beijing. I’ll probably end up buying one of them since I doubt anyone will do the new airport for quite some time.

• Upvote 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Once someone compares them please let us know. Hard to tell by comparing images. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I wish A_A would update WMKK to work in P3D V4 as well.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I think there is little chance someone who already has the WFSS version will for any reason spend money on the A_A one to make a comparison.

I have always wanted ZBAA in my sim, so I bought the WFSS ZBAA when it came.
It is really good, nothing even close to Flightbeam of course, but definitely enjoyable for those who want Beijing.

Certainly screenshots never tell us the quality in 100%, but they are there to help us spend or save some money.
As for the A_A version, I would definitely stay on the saving side.

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, helberger said:

I wish A_A would update WMKK to work in P3D V4 as well.

It does work doesnt it?

I also own the WF Scenery variant and to me, the screenshots of the A_A scenery look worse to what I see in the sim with the WF scenery. Sure, as mentioned by Rafa, it is hard to judge from screenshots, but that's what I have as impression.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I also bought the WF Scenery version (after having waited years for the AA one), and I agree that it would take something really special to get me to buy another ZBAA. Sad to say that this clearly isn’t it.

No one wants rushed or shoddy flightsim products, but as a developer sometimes you take your time at your own risk...

James

• Like 1

For me, the biggest problem with inland asian sceneries is the lack of decent landclass.  My asian destinations are almost exclusively coastal (e.g. Shanghai, Xiamen, Hong Kong etc) because cruising over the barren default LC to reach an inland destination is pretty underwhelming.  I have the same issue with Africa, where new destinations are starting to appear semi-regularly now.

I keep hoping to fire up my PC one of these mornings and see that ORBX OpenLC Africa/Mideast is finally done...OpenLC Asia, I'm afraid, is probably still years out.

Regards

• Like 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

If you are interested in an interim solution for the poor landclass coverage in Asia until ORBX will release the respective Landclass product (which I'm afraid will be no earlier than 2021, given their focus on TE), I recommend XClass by Cloud9. It was developed for FSX, but is compatible with P3D:

https://store3.esellerate.net/store/checkout/CustomLayout.aspx?s=STR4626178260&pc=&page=MultiMoreInfo.htm&SkuRefNum=SKU52398371508

For just $9.99, you will get a coverage of Asia AND Africa - the continents that we're waiting for from ORBX OpenLC. At this price, it obviously doesn't bring its own textures, it uses the P3D default textures or ORBX Global Base textures if you have them installed. But you can't do wrong at this price.

Afterburner, I promptly purchased Asia and Africa as a possible useful interim solution to flying in China and around Asia - it is dated 2007 and will not recognize, nor install in P3dV4.. Any suggestions? otherwise I am out 17 NZ dollars

3 hours ago, ray hughes said:

Afterburner, I promptly purchased Asia and Africa as a possible useful interim solution to flying in China and around Asia - it is dated 2007 and will not recognize, nor install in P3dV4.. Any suggestions? otherwise I am out 17 NZ dollars

Hi Ray,

Can you make some screenshots of the installer?  I have purchased the CD that includes all regions back in 2013 (before ORBX released their first LC) for use with FSX. Then I uninstalled FSX at some point and installed P3Dv3 without uninstalling XLC, which allowed me to add the landclass scenery to the scenery library directly.

12 hours ago, Afterburner said:

I have purchased the CD that includes all regions back in 2013 (before ORBX released their first LC) for use with FSX. Then I uninstalled FSX at some point and installed P3Dv3 without uninstalling XLC, which allowed me to add the landclass scenery to the scenery library directly. 

Okay - i figured that might have been the case. I should have asked you first.  I have raised this question on the Cloud9 forum at FSdreamteam to see if it is possible to override the install process to point to the P3dv4 directory

Edited by ray hughes

21 hours ago, w6kd said:

I keep hoping to fire up my PC one of these mornings and see that ORBX OpenLC Africa/Mideast is finally done.

+++1