Egbert Drenth

EZDok V3 versus ChasePlane?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I do have EZDok V2 and ChasePlane.
Recently I reinstalled P3D V4 and decided to switch to CP (was long time EZDok user)
Currently I'm in the tedious process of defining views for all my aircraft and that is going to take a while.
In the mean time, EZDok V3 has been released and now I'm considering to switch back to EZDok (and consequently start the view defining process all over again)

Therefor I would like to know what your initial thoughts are about EZDok V3? Is it better then V2 (and CP)?
I'm aware that I can upgrade for a relative cheap price to V3 but I don't want to discover that after I have installed/configured it, CP still is the better choice.

Egbert

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

58 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Currently I'm in the tedious process of defining views for all my aircraft and that is going to take a while.

I use CP. Setting up all the views I want on a new plane takes a couple of minutes.Not more than that.

I tried EZDok v3, but found it still way to complex to set it up. So back to CP.

Edited by willy647

Share this post


Link to post

For me I had CP and loved it except for one feature it was lacking, virtual cockpit walls.  I dumped EzDok V2 because I thought it was too complex but for me V3 is simple again.  To add new views they've simplified it by just pressing the "+ new camera view" and then once it's been added press the number 2 for editing and you're good to go.  If you're in the habit of using CP, EzDok V3 does have a similar interface as CP for editing views,  but for me Num 2 has been my best friend.  I have had some issues with the camera views saving  so I need to go back and make sure I'm saving properly.  As far as EzDok V3, wow!!!!  In my opinion they really got the DHM( dynamic head movement) feature right.  I was totally blown away by what seems to be a more realistic head movement when in the cockpit.  Their turbulence feature is pretty awesome too.  Right now for me, I'd have to give the edge to EzDokV3!!

 

Gary

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

I also used to use CP and found that although it did include some cool features (such as importing community cameras) some of the effects I was most excited about were cumbersome to set up (exits/virtual walls). I also found that their version of the dynamic breathing and head movement did not feel very "realistic" and at least for me, was very difficult to tweak. I also noticed that I had some framerate issues and micro-stuttering with CP active. 

When I purchased EzDokV3 I was pleased to see how loaded it was with features. I was particularly impressed with how the turbulence system and Dynamic Head movement all links up to Active Sky and responds to the weather in your area. Any tweaking that was necessary was all done through slider bars which was extremely intuitive as well. Even more impressive was that they seem to be exploring how to better simulate ground friction as well. You can modify the stiffness of your gear/fuselage and how it responds to the "bumps" on the surface of the landing strip you are on. In addition, you can even modify in real-time the bumpyness of the strip. As a bush flyer this feature alone is pretty cool! I also found that the engine thrust simulation on the aircraft also feels more realistic than CP as well. 

Overall I think you're comparing Apples to Oranges. CP is a great piece of software that allows you to set up internal/external/world cameras with relative ease. EzDokV3 really is venturing more into what I consider a more realistic physics simulation and although it does have a internal/external/world camera feature I did find it a little cumbersome to set up.

Just my thoughts 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, All!

I, as one of the developers, do not want to do any advertising. I just want to tell you a little bit about how it all works with EZCA.

In our old version EZCA2 for proper operation of all the effects required specially configured Cameraset for a specific aircraft, which have been set up all effects.

In our new version of EZCA3, we have tried to simplify the task of setting effects for virtual pilots. But we were able to do this only by giving up any "artificial camera vibrations" during the flight, which created the character of shaking the pilot's head. We specifically made our turbulence module (XTm), which receives weather information directly from the simulator or the ActiveSky weather engine (this is much more accurate) and affects the aircraft, and various forces at the same time affect the pilot (as in real life) and the movement of his head transmits everything that the pilot sees on the screen.

We put all the dependencies of these effects in our XTm module and now to adjust the effects for any aircraft is enough to make a very simple setup for a specific aircraft.

Only three main settings (Simple Effect Studio) - Effect scale - is the level of turbulence effect, TONE - is the nature of the impact of turbulence on the plane (slider up - small planes, slider down - heavy liners) and the last setting - DHM (Dynamic Head Movements) - is the setting of how all the forces of effects on the pilot, how his head can be deflected. Moreover, this effect is calculated taking into account the structure of the human skeleton.

Thus, the new EZCA3 when installing a new aircraft, simply loads all its configured cameras and is immediately ready to fly. During the flight, you can adjust the exact effects and no longer think about it. Of course, you can create any number of your cameras.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/27/2019 at 12:47 PM, Egbert Drenth said:

Hi,

I do have EZDok V2 and ChasePlane.
Recently I reinstalled P3D V4 and decided to switch to CP (was long time EZDok user)
Currently I'm in the tedious process of defining views for all my aircraft and that is going to take a while.
In the mean time, EZDok V3 has been released and now I'm considering to switch back to EZDok (and consequently start the view defining process all over again)

Therefor I would like to know what your initial thoughts are about EZDok V3? Is it better then V2 (and CP)?
I'm aware that I can upgrade for a relative cheap price to V3 but I don't want to discover that after I have installed/configured it, CP still is the better choice.

Egbert

 

 

 

 

 

Back to EZDok for me since V3 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, awf said:

Back to EZDok for me since V3

me too !! 😃

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Del57 said:

EZDok everytime for me

+1

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmm, I discover a trend in this thread 😉
I guess I have to invest a little upgrade amount.

Thanks for your replies!

Share this post


Link to post

sticking  with  chase  plane

Share this post


Link to post

using v2 since a while but it was just using it, Wich v3 I started loving this program as it is way more intuitive and simplier handling. Cannot judge on CP as I've never owned it.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm very keen on the realistic turbulence effects using ActiveSky and PMDG.  I think I'll get it this weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I'm very keen on the realistic turbulence effects using ActiveSky and PMDG.  I think I'll get it this weekend.

Look forward to your feedback Erich.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hi!

In the next couple of days we will release an update that makes compatibility with Aerosoft Airbus (slow taxiing speed) and PMDG 747 (push back with GSX) and add one interesting feature - it will be possible to control the view with a mouse wheel press hold or a keyboard "space" on the external cameras of the simulator, such as "Spot".

Edited by Nickbe
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

Nick, thats great news! The inability to control spot views with mouse or spacebar is my biggest gripe with EZdok right now, so I'm super happy to hear this is being addressed. Keep up the great work!

One question I did have is on the Effects control panel (the one with all the sliders). In the "Surface" section you have sliders for rigid, bump, and no passable. Can you explain what each of these sliders represent? Specifically, I'm confused by the no passable setting.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Bt103504 said:

Nick, thats great news! The inability to control spot views with mouse or spacebar is my biggest gripe with EZdok right now, so I'm super happy to hear this is being addressed. Keep up the great work!

One question I did have is on the Effects control panel (the one with all the sliders). In the "Surface" section you have sliders for rigid, bump, and no passable. Can you explain what each of these sliders represent? Specifically, I'm confused by the no passable setting. 

Hi!

As we have already mentioned in the guide - three sliders-a reaction to the vibration of the aircraft when moving on the ground surface. The most popular is the RIGID-it's all the main surfaces when the plane rolls on the ground. If the effect is too strong, just reduce this value. Next I will give an excerpt from the manual:

SURFACE – These sliders regulate the level of plane fuselage and camera’s
shakes when the plane is running on the ground. The simulator contains 26 types of
surface that we have distributed among three groups - RIGID, BUMP, NO Passable.
All the concrete- and asphalt-paved runways are “RIGID”. The other runways and
the surface beyond the concrete runways are BUMP. The surface outside the
airport is “Nо Passable”. You can set the level of vibrations separately for each
surface of plane’s location.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

Hi!

As we have already mentioned in the guide - three sliders-a reaction to the vibration of the aircraft when moving on the ground surface. The most popular is the RIGID-it's all the main surfaces when the plane rolls on the ground. If the effect is too strong, just reduce this value. Next I will give an excerpt from the manual:

SURFACE – These sliders regulate the level of plane fuselage and camera’s
shakes when the plane is running on the ground. The simulator contains 26 types of
surface that we have distributed among three groups - RIGID, BUMP, NO Passable.
All the concrete- and asphalt-paved runways are “RIGID”. The other runways and
the surface beyond the concrete runways are BUMP. The surface outside the
airport is “Nо Passable”. You can set the level of vibrations separately for each
surface of plane’s location.

Are there pre-configured vibration files for aircraft of certain weight categories like 737, 747, Cessna...or must the user create these configs for each new aircraft ?

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Are there pre-configured vibration files for aircraft of certain weight categories like 737, 747, Cessna...or must the user create these configs for each new aircraft ? 

 

Our basic concept is to simplify setup as much as possible. All aircraft in the air are similar to each other. Different weight. We take all these data into account in the turbulence module, which does all the work. Now you do not need special profiles with customized effects. We tried to simplify everything as much as possible, but at the same time to make realistic effects of the aircraft in the air. If you still have questions about the implementation of the effects, we are always ready for dialogue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is it possible to turn off zoom with the middle mouse button? I find if I press the middle mouse button to pan around with the mouse, the zoom changes and the frame rate tanks making for very stutter panning. Something I loved ezdok for in the past was exceptionally smooth panning so is it possible to turn this off? 

Share this post


Link to post

I keep saying (as I've done in this forum) that ALL I want is the plane movement.  I don't care one bit about the camera views.  The 1st edition of EZdok let me do that.  Now, both EZdok and Chaseplane are so sophisticated that it is almost impossible to program either for just the plane interior movement.  

If EZdok could give me a lite version or just some simplicity in getting the movement and nothing else, I would be happy.

 

Stan

Share this post


Link to post

I have EZdok 3. I agree it's very non-intuitive and needlessly complex. Gone back to Chaseplane.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Stan

I had all versions of Ezdok. I liked the way Ezdok V2.0 worked but I did not like the interface. I now have V3 and  i am happy. The new interface looks more professional and yes, there are many features. You don't have to use all those "sophisticated" features. You can easy create cameras with just one click, as many as you wish. All effects will work right away. There is nothing complicated in creating cameras. There are few introduction videos about v3 on YouTube. Take a look. 

Edited by skysurfer

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

have EZdok 3. I agree it's very non-intuitive and needlessly complex. Gone back to Chaseplane.

+1   Plus I like the feature that CP stops shaking when moving the mouse over knobs

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now