Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

How many add-on aircraft do you have?

Abour 4 dozen, but I only use two of them in the last year and a half, the PMDG 737 and Majestic Q400. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Wow - I am surprised at how low some of the counts are, especially for members like Ray (almost 10K posts in AVSIM) who have been active in flight sims for years.

Myself, I have 49 active aircraft in my hanger, plus maybe about a dozen payware airplanes that I could just got get into enough to enjoy flying them that sit in the back-forty.

Like others, I like flying a scenario so I will sometimes enjoy the low and slow planes for PNW and PFJ (I am an Orbx fan-boi) and sometimes fire up the Lear or Phenom to take the family to Jackson Hole. 

Four aircraft - wow...

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I used to grab anything that looked half decent, but with P3Dv4 I have moderated my fleet to one or two in each category:

Bush/amphib: Milviz DHC3T Turbine Otter, Aerosoft DHC6 Twin Otter

Light twin: Real Air B60T Turbine Duke

Medium turboprop: Majestic DHC8 Q400

Business jet: Flysimware Lear 25

Short/medium range airliner: PMDG 737 NGX series, FSL A319/320

Medium Cargo: Captainsim B757F

Long range airliner: PMDG 777, Qualitywings B787, PMDG B744/748

Heavy Cargo: PMDG 772F, 744F, and 748F

USAF VIP/SAM: C-40B (PMDG B737-700), C-32A (CaptainSim B757-200), VC-25B (notional--PMDG B747-8i)

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

28 minutes ago, Howellerman said:

Wow - I am surprised at how low some of the counts are, especially for members like Ray (almost 10K posts in AVSIM) who have been active in flight sims for years.

Four aircraft - wow...

John, what you have to take into account is two of those are what are known as study-level aircraft. The PMDG and FSL Concorde. The latter especially took me a long time to learn the procedures. There’s no way you could fire up Concorde and take her for a spin without a reasonable level of knowledge. No LNAV or VNAV. Throttles full forward for most of a flight; and descending at up to 9000fpm!

All perfectly legit and in line with how the real one flew. It takes a while to de clutter your brain of how a standard Boeing /Airbus operates before you can master Concorde. Can’t wait for the 64-bit version to arrive.

And today is a significant date. 50 years ago the British Concorde took off from Filton for her first test flight. Bit sad really. ☹️

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, W2DR said:

For P3D V4, I have the PMDG 737NG and the FSX default C172. I count two, which is less than three 😃

"...Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three."

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have maybe 10-20 payware aircraft.

I think I overdid things when I moved to v4 -- I only have time to fly a handful of the aircraft I have.  I have "cooled it" lately.  I'll let you retired folks who actually HAVE time, buy these add-ons.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 hours ago, W2DR said:

For P3D V4, I have the PMDG 737NG and the FSX default C172. I count two, which is less than three 😃

You'll have to take that up with Ray, I wasn't the one who said I could beat all of you.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

10 hours ago, ckyliu said:

days my sweet spot is regional aircraft as the legs are short and cockpit busy

You might enjoy Leonardo's Fly The Mad Dog. Short legs and a cockpit that you defiantly have to stay ahead of. 

Vic green

On 4/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, Mace said:

"...Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three."

Yeah, but what does Monty know about any of that holy hand grenade stuff anyway?

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:49 PM, overspeed3 said:

Hundreds of base aircraft multiplied by all their respective liveries and various wing configs = untold hundreds  more!  All for FSX-Steam.  Yes, I'm a download junkie - both freeware and payware -  but where can I go for rehab?  (Did I mention many, many gigs of scenery as well?)

Maybe there aren’t enough of us to justify opening a niche variation of A.A. (Addonoholics Anonymous) but I’m afraid that I have to admit that I too fall into the same category! 

Although I have a small number of aircraft which I fly regularly and with which I am very familiar, I do enjoy learning to fly new addon aircraft and putting them through their paces and, in truth, I probably get my money’s worth out of most of them. As a result I have accumulated a ridiculous number of aircraft but often going back to an aircraft that one hasn’t flown for a year or more can provide a degree of renewed novelty value!

I can remember that when I first installed FSX, I promised myself that, unlike FS9,  I would only install a handful of addon aircraft on that platform..... clearly failed miserably!

Bill

Looks like 14 models here. I do most of my sim flying in the FSEconomy game, so that means a focus on light to medium GA aircraft and helicopters. All of these are for X-Plane, and all but the Bell 429 are payware:

Carenado Pilatus PC-12
X-Trident Bell 412

Those are the two I spend most of my time in these days, because I "own" them in the FSE game and don't have to pay rental fees. The ones below are aircraft I fly far less frequently, either as a rental in FSE, or just for short hops when I want something different: 

Vskylabs DC-3
Leading Edge Simulations DC-3
Dden Grumman G-21A Classic Goose
Dden Grumman G21G Turbo Goose
Carenado C208 Grand Caravan
Carenado 500S Aero Commander
STMA Beech 18
STMA DHC-3 Otter
RWDesigns DHC-6 300 Twin Otter
X-Scenery Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise
Dreamfoil Bell 407
timber61 Bell 429 (freeware)

Many of these models will need to be re-purchased in newer versions when the next version of the X-Plane sim is released, maybe in a couple of years. It's "only" something like $400 in payware aircraft, and just $70 for the two I spend most of my time in. Not bad, compared to the cost of keeping up with the hardware needed to run the sim!

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

On 4/9/2019 at 5:21 AM, birdguy said:

I agree with those who have a limited number of aircraft to fly exclusively.  I also agree with those with several hangars full of aircraft who choose to fly a fighter one day, and ultra light the next and then an airliner.

I happen to ascribe to both.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:07 AM, ckyliu said:

Over the years (been simming since about 18 year now) I've progressively got pickier and my free time progressively less, so since I went P3D I have only two aircraft installed: JustFlight Socata TB-10 & TB-20 and Majestic Q400. I have quite a bit of scenery though.

On 4/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, w6kd said:

I used to grab anything that looked half decent, but with P3Dv4 I have moderated my fleet to one or two in each category:

Bush/amphib: Milviz DHC3T Turbine Otter, Aerosoft DHC6 Twin Otter
Light twin: Real Air B60T Turbine Duke
Medium turboprop: Majestic DHC8 Q400
Business jet: Flysimware Lear 25
Short/medium range airliner: PMDG 737 NGX series, FSL A319/320
Medium Cargo: Captainsim B757F
Long range airliner: PMDG 777, Qualitywings B787, PMDG B744/748
Heavy Cargo: PMDG 772F, 744F, and 748F
USAF VIP/SAM: C-40B (PMDG B737-700), C-32A (CaptainSim B757-200), VC-25B (notional--PMDG B747-8i)

I like having a choice of aircraft for a variety of different types of flights, though I've definitely moved into moderation mode.

VFR: A2A PA-28 Cherokee / JF Cessna 152
Floatplane: Freeware Beechcraft D18S Amphibian
Helicopter: Freeware H&S Design EC 135
Regional: Majestic Dash 8 Q400 / feelThere E-Jets
Short / medium range airliners: PMDG 737 NGX / Aerosoft A320 series Professional
Long range airliners: Qualitywings B787 / Freeware Project Airbus A380
Military jets: IndiaFoxtEcho Eurofighter Typhoon / IndiaFoxtEcho F-35 Lightning II

The Cherokee, Dash 8, 737 NGX, 787 are my regular go-to aircraft.

High quality scenery is where I may have to attend @scianoir's suggested "A.A. meetings"!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 hours ago, F737NG said:

High quality scenery is where I may have to attend @scianoir's suggested "A.A. meetings"!

"My name is Bob, and I am an addon-a-holic."  Or maybe I'm an addon hoarder.  Well, one of those, I guess.

I keep a spreadsheet with all of my airport add-ons (so that I can covet and count them all in the wee hours of the evenings) and the count is north of 250, plus the hundreds of buffed-up airports included in the ORBX regions.

I once enrolled in a 12-step program, but that turned out to be a class on how to convert FSX sceneries for use in P3D using ADE and GSX2.

I fell asleep at my sim PC a few months ago and my wife called the paramedics...they asked if I needed Narcan, and I said "yes", thinking that was a new airport somewhere up in the Northern Territory.

🎵Nobody knows the trouble I've seen...🎵

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

On 4/14/2019 at 7:29 PM, w6kd said:

"My name is Bob, and I am an addon-a-holic."  Or maybe I'm an addon hoarder.  Well, one of those, I guess.

I keep a spreadsheet with all of my airport add-ons (so that I can covet and count them all in the wee hours of the evenings) and the count is north of 250, plus the hundreds of buffed-up airports included in the ORBX regions.

I once enrolled in a 12-step program, but that turned out to be a class on how to convert FSX sceneries for use in P3D using ADE and GSX2.

I fell asleep at my sim PC a few months ago and my wife called the paramedics...they asked if I needed Narcan, and I said "yes", thinking that was a new airport somewhere up in the Northern Territory.

🎵Nobody knows the trouble I've seen...🎵

So funny

I do not regret having a ton of add ons because when I get bored of one, I simply switch to another and the sims I use are new all over again.  But I am slowing a bit in my add-on interest, so I can focus more on flying, there's much to enjoy especially because I am a hands on pilot for the most part, only using an autopilot on long duration flights.

Extensible sims are what made this more than a game, made it a hobby, a decades old hobby for some of us, 35 years for me since I first flew the vector graphics FS2 on my C64, but there were only scenery add-ons then, no aircraft add-ons.  My fav vector graphics sim was Flight Assignment ATP since it covered the entire US and was a joy to fly.

John

• Upvote 1