TalonMX

FSDT Chicago a few days from release.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the info. Looks great. Man I bet it's going to be a performance hog.

Posted (edited)

Another Video. I'm craving a Big Mac now, hahahaha.

FSDT KORD V2 - Inside Terminal 1 C

For those who don't use Facebook or go to the FSDT forums. Here is what they posted on KORDv2. 

- The whole internal of the terminal, is not loaded normally. In order to trigger a load, you must cross the inside perimeter (usually on foot, in Avatar mode), and only then the detailed interior will be loaded. Until then, it will just sit on the disk, not taking away any processing whatsoever. In normal use, inside the airplane, a way less detailed version of the interior will be seen instead.

- We are still working on some final optimizations, to allow passengers to be seen from the outside, but not when flying or taxing not particularly close to the terminal, and we'll have an option to disable the passengers with the usual YouControl menu, not requiring a restart.

- There are dozen of working display, which shows AI information in realtime. In this video, we use UT Live, so there's a small issue of not seeing the correct time of Departure or Arrival, since UT Live doesn't use a completely standard system of AI schedules and don't make that info available to other add-ons. But other kind of traffic, which use the standard schedule system, will show the correct departure/arrival times as well.

- The displays use the Render To Texture system in DirectX so, even if there are dozen of displays, they affect fps just like one panel.

- The scenery is made entirely in PBR, and it's compiled 100% using the P3D4.5 SDK (it will still work with 4.4 though, but not less than that). There isn't a SINGLE file made for FSX. The only thing you see there which work on FSX too are...the GSX passengers.

Edited by TalonMX
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Looks good, hopefully if blends well with DD Chicago City.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Thanks for the info. Looks great. Man I bet it's going to be a performance hog.

The DD one was a stutterfest on my system I did one flight 

Edited by fluffyflops

With FSDT airports I don't worry about performance or the quality because there's a try before you buy.

My primary concern is doing a long flight only to find the buildings missing. It has happened too many times for me not to be concerned.

Not purchased any addon for some time nothing interested me this may change things have FSDT KORD, will look at this for sure.

I am looking forward to this one. Excited to hear how it compares to DD’s package and will purchase based on that. 

I passed on DD because I am quite happy with the Fly Tampa KMDY and didn't want to pay for an extra airport I wouldn't use especially since FSDT is offering a discount for owners of their previous version. If they would sell these Chicago airports separately like New York I would consider.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

With FSDT airports I don't worry about performance or the quality because there's a try before you buy.

My primary concern is doing a long flight only to find the buildings missing. It has happened too many times for me not to be concerned.

Weird I own almost all of their airports and have never experienced this...

9 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

The DD one was a stutterfest on my system I did one flight 

That's surprising. Its very smooth on my system and others I fly with online. We just did a small group flight into KORD in various aircraft and we were commenting on how smooth it was.  

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

Do you activate scenery and deactivate scenery? 

When I did that I would not get any building (FSDT) until  I shut P3D down and restart it. Then all was fine very time.

So if you do the activate/deactivate you now know why you lost all building. You must reboot P3D after with FSDT airports.

If that's not the problem then sorry I cannot help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

I've had this happen when arriving KIAH only, none of the others that I can recall.  The fix is simply use the menu to Restart Couatl and everything appears in a few seconds.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've been waiting for this one for so long. Glad it's finally almost here. Besides the fact we need an up-to-date ORD, it's the fact it's a full PBR scenery which makes this very intriguing.

Edited by threegreen
Edit became redundant.

27 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I've been waiting for this one for so long. Glad it's finally almost here. Besides the fact we need an up-to-date ORD, it's the fact it's a full PBR scenery which makes this very intriguing.

EDIT: I just read the FSDT forums and Facebook page. Where does it say it's a few days from release? What it says on the forums is "For release only a few tests yet". Could be days, could be weeks. Seems like FSElite misread again.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21343.msg146653.html#msg146653

Posted (edited)

Calling @virtuali... Maybe virtuali can clarify.

Edited by BillS511

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Do you activate scenery and deactivate scenery? 

When I did that I would not get any building (FSDT) until  I shut P3D down and restart it. Then all was fine very time.

So if you do the activate/deactivate you now know why you lost all building. You must reboot P3D after with FSDT airports.

If that's not the problem then sorry I cannot help.

In the past I needed to either download and update to the latest airport or reinstall the addon manager. After a full upgrade to win 10, I decided to download all the FSDT airports and do a fresh install, then do the full update of GSX v2. So far I have not seen any errors, but I have not done any long flight to FSDT airports in a long time. The updater has improved significantly, so maybe couatl errors are a thing of the past.

Keep in mind I've been a customer since the original Orlando was released. I've gone through many updates and a new sim. I've seen too many errors over that time. I'm always a bit nervous when using FSDT airports, but there's no denying that they are outstanding!

Looking forward to having this major hub back in P3D again, especially with FSDT’s usually quality. 

15 hours ago, threegreen said:

In that case, FSElite did a good job digging that one out. That estimated release announcement is rather low-key.

That's because there hasn't been any proper announcement. That was more like an informal hint of what is *likely* to happen but, as explained so many times already, it's no use announcing a date, which can always change even at the last minute, considering that was a reply related to the GSX update.

The scenery is basically finished, we are in the final optimization stage ( the scenery developers calls me "the fps cop", which is where I check the scenery for all places where fps could be improved ), to tune performances and, if this takes longer than expected, there's the issue of most of us going in vacation the next week, and we might decide to release it later in the month, to be sure we don't release something with the whole team away, which would prevent us to fix any possible post release problems with our usual blazing speed. In this case, we'll release the GSX update first.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Oh well. Stand down guys. Credit card back in wallet.

5 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Oh well. Stand down guys. Credit card back in wallet.

Indeed. That is a bit of a bummer.

That's fine I'll take it out for the new e-jets which are also "on final" 🤣

While the terminal interior looks good and I understand it won't hit the system until you get close to it in avatar mode...

...I may be in the minority when I say I hope this type of rendering doesn't become commonplace for FS. I'll probably walk through the terminal once in Avatar mode and say "wow this is cool!" and never do it again.

To have to wait an extra few weeks/months for this type of modelling to be done is a shame.. I'm looking forward to this scenery but would much rather have had it earlier without these gimmicks.

But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4