Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

August 29th, 2019 [Update]

Sorry-everybody-got little bit irritated by the constant wining..

Edited by adino
  • Like 1

Impressive, the lighting/PBR/rain etc is all on par with modern graphics engines.  The sky must be trueSKY because it seems identical to other simulators that use it, although that cumulus in the distance was different (and quite nice).

The only two things that seemed odd to me were that strange reflection that moved up the canopy .. was that supposed to be simulating coming out of the cloud layer?  It just looked odd.

And the cars, but I'll let those slide as a WIP like everything else.  At least they exist.

The choppy videos are probably just because the videos haven’t been pushed out to all the endpoints on their content delivery network and the player is just buffering due to demand or network latency. 

34 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

Impressive, the lighting/PBR/rain etc is all on par with modern graphics engines.  The sky must be trueSKY because it seems identical to other simulators that use it, although that cumulus in the distance was different (and quite nice).

The only two things that seemed odd to me were that strange reflection that moved up the canopy .. was that supposed to be simulating coming out of the cloud layer?  It just looked odd.

And the cars, but I'll let those slide as a WIP like everything else.  At least they exist.

Nah.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

40 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Umm chill. They have no control over the thousands of hardware configurations that will be out in the wild. I have never seen a flight simulator run that smooth at that level of image quality. If there's the occasional stutter I won't mind. Let's not make such demands.

With respect, don't tell me to chill.

We all have our personal thresholds for what's acceptable in a flight sim. I don't have stutters in the one I'm flying now, and I'm not going to switch, or recommend to anyone else, a flight sim that stutters. 

I have never seen a flight sim running at that level of image quality either without stutters, and that's the point.

Maybe it will sell to those who can tolerate it, but it's not going to sell to those who won't tolerate it. Zero stutters and no image pop-in should be a baseline for a modern sim released in the year 2019-2020 because other sims are doing it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 minute ago, Paraffin said:

With respect, don't tell me to chill.

We all have our personal thresholds for what's acceptable in a flight sim. I don't have stutters in the one I'm flying now, and I'm not going to switch, or recommend to anyone else, a flight sim that stutters. 

I have never seen a flight sim running at that level of image quality either without stutters, and that's the point.

Maybe it will sell to those who can tolerate it, but it's not going to sell to those who won't tolerate it. Zero stutters and no image pop-in should be a baseline for a modern sim released in the year 2019-2020 because other sims are doing it. 

Once again, chill. your demand is ridiculous. My opinion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

The trees look good! I don’t see any of the odd tree-like blobs that you sometimes get with photogrammetry in those videos. That bodes well. 

• Like 1

Chris

1 minute ago, Krakin said:

Once again, chill. your demand is ridiculous. My opinion.

It's a ridiculous demand that a flight sim have no stutters in the frame rate? Really?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

50 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

Maybe it's because of the video rendering on my machine; maybe because it's an early build; but certainly if that was FSX I would be playing in the config file right now 😂

The videos are smooth as silk in my device so that would mean that if their not smooth for you then it’s due to the video rendering on your machine, IP speeds, etc. On the other hand if the video stuttered for everyone it would probably be due to an early build.

• Like 4

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

It's a ridiculous demand that a flight sim have no stutters in the frame rate? Really?

Don´t be scared. 

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

I think the "autogen" scaling issues are fixed in FS2020, I'm seeing what look like small single storey dwellings of the correct height in the "Feb Non Active Dash" video, something never seen with "autogen" in FSX/P3D.

I agree. Looks like houses look to be a correct height and size. Also there seems to be a lot of variety with house shapes, which is much better than what FSX has. Hope that there is good regional representation so houses in different parts of the world look like they belong in those parts of the world. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Five bucks says this thing keeps going until the MSFS team st-st-st-stutters their way through the next update.

Edited by Noodle
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Absolutely. Have you forgotten that we're talking about a PC game here? There are a million variables that will affect how the sim runs on each system. If for instance someone decides to run the game on a decades old PC, is that MS's fault? What if Nvidia or AMD put out drivers that don't play nicely with the game? They don't have control over that. As for the vids i can't conclude that it was in game stutters or weird video encoding. Really wish Digital Foundry would cover this game.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

It's not rediculous to ask for a stutter-free sim, it's odd to say its unacceptable when you're not looking at a release candidate build.

Edited by YMMB
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

@Mengy

Continuing from the previous thread, if you like the Maule in FSX (I didn't care much for it myself) you'd absolutely LOVE the one in Microsoft Flight.  I am really hoping they have it in the new sim.

For that matter, I'd like to see a complete list of aircraft, not just the ones we know about, but the ones they actually expect to be in the final sim at this point.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;