Sign in to follow this  
Ezra

P3D Future

2 minutes ago, 331BK said:

As far as i understood you need a very good/fast internet connection. Otherwise the details will be reduced. 

I invested so much money into p3d V4 I will stay there. 

As mentioned without pmdg and fsl it makes no sense for me. 

Lucky us here in the Netherlands, local we will receive an 1 gb internet connection by the end of this year 😎

Edited by awf

André

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

I`ll always love P3D but If this is true and pending I suspend all P3D and associated purchases for now. Sorry but there is no denying it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc

me too, no more $$$$$$$$ for anyone except Microsoft next year....bye bye P3D and XP11🖐️🙂

Can someone explain how Xbox ties into all of this?  Thanks!  I am sure it is not as simple or I don't understand the process, but wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to buy an Xbox than a stellar PC to run this?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

I'd be curious to hear how this will work on the current PC's that are out there.  This looks like it will cost a fortune and wouldn't be able to run on a current PC.  Also, I heard this is for Xbox One as well.  How would that work?  I can't imagine having a complex Sim with a bunch of features running through a $500 Xbox. 

server based, we are not downloading all of this new sim to our hard drives plus i think you are mistaken about xboxone....i think fs2020 is for the next xbox.

Edited by Arthur42417

19 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Can someone explain how Xbox ties into all of this?  Thanks!  I am sure it is not as simple or I don't understand the process, but wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to buy an Xbox than a stellar PC to run this?

This sim's target is PC. That version will later be ported to Xbox, possibly be dumbed down (?). It will also likely be launched for the new Xbox Scarlett which is said to be quite powerful so you'd need to wait and see what kind of price that will be at.

Like said above, it will stream much of the scenery but it's the sim on your machine which puts everything together. This means you'd still need a good machine. From what I've heard, the computers at Microsoft were running it on an RTX2080 (not ti). However, ray tracing is not included but rather another technique which makes it look like it so you should be good with a 1080ti as well.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

LM is already hitting their objective with Prepar3d - it is designed for education/military/training markets.  Sure those guys will eventually want make my scenery look real as possible.  Who doesn't want that but training objective is more critical in these markets.  Their license and scope are different from entertainment market.  Prepar3d can be used in official simulators for airline/aircraft manufactures and dunno about MSFS2020 but maybe behind the scenes Prepar3d v5 is using the same tech as MSFS2020 (maybe with extra LM military tech magic - they should release a SR-71 Official addon as they have all the data for it).

We are comparing oranges to another fruit.  

I am blown away from all that new scenery from MSFS2020 and excited but I hope I get to enjoy all my Orbx stuff in the mean time.

If Froggle and FSElite guys got to go there (I bet Rob was there too...lol) - then PMDG/A2A and Orbx could have been invited also.

Great time to be a flight simmer.

• Like 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

12 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

If Froggle and FSElite guys got to go there (I bet Rob was there too...lol) - then PMDG/A2A and Orbx could have been invited also.

Rob who?

I'm glad there will be an offline version, as my connection speed varies.  With 3 different modes (offline/cached/online), it sounds like there will be a base price to have the sim on your system, and then probably a subscription service to enjoy the online eye candy and the best the sim has to offer.

I can't see there being a world of 3 mainstream sims (P3D, XP, MSFS), with smaller developers supporting products for all 3.  X-plane has to wonder if their supporters will leave to MSFS as well, especially with Microsoft's AI, map data, and other resources including financial capital.  Would make sense to me for LM & Laminar to partner to create a competing product.

9 minutes ago, marc1184 said:

and then probably a subscription service to enjoy the online eye candy and the best the sim has to offer.

No. The Microsoft guy in the Q and A said no subscription and no micro payments. They were keen to stress this is being made for the hardcore simmers. A new far more detailed flight model they talked about is a good indication of that.

Also the clouds are positioned based on satellite imagery so clouds will be like what you see out of the window and not what some metar 20 miles away says.

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

End of P3D is on the horizon. 

I heard the same thing when FSW was talked about.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

End of P3D is on the horizon. 

And XP also by this logic.

Apparently it has multi-core support as well. This is huge for the latest CPU standards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I heard the same thing when FSW was talked about.....

Microsoft has over 200 employees working on fs2020

Dovetail has 120 Total employees in company

Dovetail had no Flight Sim Experience....Microsoft Does over 20yrs👍

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Lol...you know who.

MS needs to invite you also

Well I haven't hear anything.. but you are more than welcome to let them know who the important people are.. they seems to have forgotten 🤣

S.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1