Sign in to follow this  
Ezra

P3D Future

10 minutes ago, B777ER said:

MS2020 will only have one season, summer? Where was this stated by a team member?

Listen to the interview on the thread MSFS SDK discussion 18mins in stated by the Dev`s themselves , no season`s it my come later but not important at the moment.

Edited by rjfry
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I can remember a few similar threads when all we saw was what a bunch of jerks that the "MS$" company was. Oh the poor developers are going to all be with out a job. It is awful. There should be a law to stop this. "Flight sim is dead!!" Now once again the MS marketing team has crawled out from under a rock to do serious damage to the flight sim world by effectively freezing the add on market for both X-Plain and P3D. Now it is "All hail the new MS King!!" "MS is so great!" "Let the Dev's starve! We have a new God now!!" "Bring us your virgins" "Build the fire!...we have stuff to burn!! No...I am not a developer. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

Listen to the interview on the thread MSFS SDK discussion 18mins in stated by the Dev`s themselves , no season`s it my come later but not important at the moment.

My worst fears confirmed yay! Just like Orbx, no seasons, no buy- My love for aviation comes from flying in the winter, and the challenges that it provides. 

Edited by UAL4life
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, simbol said:

For those thinking P3D has no future, LM team is actually expanding operations: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6305&t=135063

And the details of that job posting also should serve as a good reminder that we are not, and never really have been LM's primary customers. 

I don't for a second think P3D will wither and die if most of the casual simmer crowd migrates to MSFS.  What LM would lose, mostly, is the diverse validation platform that our community provides, making that part of their production process somewhat more difficult and time-consuming.  Given the seriously deep pockets of both LM and their customer base, that really wouldn't leave much of a mark.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 minute ago, w6kd said:

And the details of that job posting also should serve as a good reminder that we are not, and never really have been LM's primary customers. 

I don't for a second think P3D will wither and die if most of the casual simmer crowd migrates to MSFS.  What LM would lose, mostly, is the diverse validation platform that our community provides, making that part of their production process somewhat more difficult and time-consuming.  Given the seriously deep pockets of both LM and their customer base, that really wouldn't leave much of a mark.

No entire necessarily, we have been asking for better documentation.. so this person maybe has been assigned that job too. 

I don't know how much more I can say it.. I spoke with LM devs directly at the flight sim show, which is a show directed to the user entertainment market, and they were there, twice 2018 and 2019.. not MS.. and they always expressed their interest in all flying sim users.

But of course they work for a defence contractor, and as a such they need to also work for a sector that it is entirely driven by secrecy and high security standards.

S.

Respectfully, the future for me in P3D will always be IFR procedures. On the other hand, it`s obvious for me where I will go for VFR.

Exactly!

I really don’t get why developers like PMDG are taking so long to put out updates for their legacy AC like the 737 and JS-41....!!!!

They are looking like a 2021 release which could be a whole year after MSFS releases...

The closer we get to MSFS2020 release the less likely I am going to buy an expensive study level AC for a sim which still has much of its code derived from MS2004!

If I were these guys I’d be sure to get as much stuff out before MSFS releases cause if MSFS2020 is as good as it looks it could be several years before a developer like PMDG can switch over and get AC out for that sim and nobody is going to be interested in spending a lot of money on an AC for a lesser sim!

Unless of course Devs like PMDG can afford to go several years with little to no new income coming in!!!$

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, UAL4life said:

My worst fears confirmed yay! Just like Orbx, no seasons, no buy- My love for aviation comes from flying in the winter, and the challenges that it provides. 

No kidding!!!!

All these beautiful addon ac that now simulate icing effects to be wasted in constant summer weather!!!!

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

3 hours ago, rjfry said:

P3Dv4 has a great future after I found out today that MSFS will not have seasonal scenery summer texture only. P3Dv4 will be the only sim with full support for season`s. 

And therein lies the downside of satellite scenery. I was wondering that myself. There'a always a catch.  😞

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am excited (well, cautiously excited about this) and think any contributions to our hobby is a plus.  But in my decades of flight simulation I have yet to see a completely smooth roll out of a new sim.  Saw big issues with FSX, FLIGHT, P3D, so to stop buying anything to enjoy your hobby and just wait-wait-wait sounds counter productive, or maybe I should say "counter fun".  One can wait for the next laptop, the next graphics card.... it never ends.

I think it will take several years for the release and stability to settle in from my experience so I am going to have fun in the meantime... oh and not forget the little developer in the process.

Forgot to ask... is there any night scenery (still watching the video)?

Edited by Clutch Cargo
  • Like 2

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

3 hours ago, 331BK said:

#metoo can't wait to have the new Concorde in P3D v4

It won’t be v4 when a 64-bit version comes. Either MFS20 or P3D v5.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

27 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

The closer we get to MSFS2020 release the less likely I am going to buy an expensive study level AC for a sim which still has much of its code derived from MS2004!

If you listen to the Asobo developers, you will have learned that they are building the new MS Flightsimulator on an FSX code base.. much of which they like and are keeping.. :cool:

Bert

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And therein lies the downside of satellite scenery. I was wondering that myself. There'a always a catch.  😞

Who says there are no seasons ?

Google Earth has them https://www.rustybrick.com/four-seasons-on-google-maps.html

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

34 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Who says there are no seasons ?

Google Earth has them https://www.rustybrick.com/four-seasons-on-google-maps.html

That example uses different tiles for different times of the year manually inserted. How will you get snow inserted into a satellite image including an airport but only when the ATIS is reporting snow? I suppose you could switch to an alternative set for places like northern Canada and Russia. But how about mountains like the Pyranees that only have snow in the winter half of the year but the Himalayas have it all year round.

I just don't see how it's feasible.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather