Sign in to follow this  
Ezra

P3D Future

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Guys, lets stay on topic of P3D as it relates to the new MSFS. Discussions of the merits of MSFS need to go to the new MSFS forum here.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

No add-ones = who cares about those nice looking videos?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Ah a poke poke poke thread, not your first I see ...

And P3D doesn't?  I guess this is just my imagination (skip to 8 minute mark)?  Those swiggly lines to the left are individuals cores, they all seem to be pretty busy ... but hey, if you just "want to believe" go for it ... 

So I guess you need to post an "XP11 future" and an "AF2 future" and a "DCS future" and do it without knowing what Lockheed Martin nor Laminar Research might be bringing to the table before MS release date?

Cheers, Rob.

All of those sims will survive and they are still pretty good. I think the negativity is because their progress has been much slower than hoped for and it's difficult to see them making such a leap to compete with this. Maybe they will but its not hard to see why people are jumping on this bandwagon.

9 hours ago, marc1184 said:

Good to know...i was just quoting what I heard in the video when he said he asked the panel about pricing/subscription at the 25:23 mark...said they weren't prepared to answer anything about pricing or subscriptions as no decision has been made.  But I wasn't there, so just going by what he said in the video.

I wasnt there either so I will just clarify to avoid spreading mis information. I saw so many videos i may have confused myself. I saw a vid where the Microsoft guy said he did not like subscription or micro payments and wouldn't as flight simmer want that (or words to that effect). I doubt therefore they would be going down that route if hes saying that. I guess it's not his decision but he should be in the know on what the plans are.

Edited by sanh

6 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

No add-ones = who cares about those nice looking videos?

Some people care.. even bloggers from FSElite said they felt weird trying Microsoft Flight simulator and not having chaseplane.

So, everyone is going thru the emotions at the moment, I get that, however as soon as you launch the sim, there will be certain things you are used to have that you will miss.. I cannot live without GSX and other wonderful tools I hope they ever make it to the new sim.

This is why so many people are telling you both sims will co-exist with each other. Navigraph pool results showed most sim users have multiple simulators exactly for this reason. Predicting the future is very difficult, I will enjoy the present.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Farlis said:

It looks great but my decision about MFS20 is driven by FS Labs and which platform they will use for Concorde.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am personally looking forward to see what P3D v5 will bring, hopefully this year we will see and also what MF2020 brings next year, I shall have both installed and use both depending on whats available for each sim

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Seems like a new SSD harddrive is in place when upgrading my older I7-4770K (but keeping my FTW3 GTX1080Ti) in near future

My only concerns right now is that i actual is holding back on upgrading since i dont want to start all over again since my add-ons is a pretty mess of both installation methods and i am not technically strong enough to follow up this manually.

But cannot see why we cant have P3D and MSFS in 2020. I for sure needs FSLabs and PMDG for sure

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Many questions in this thread that were actually answered in the video...

Edited by andreh

I think MSFS not supporting DX12 nor VR (at release time as they said) is a great chance for P3D team to fully support (DX12 + VR + new rendering engine) as a (must) in their upcoming V5  with some innovative collaboration with Orbx and/or Google earth to stay in (academic/professional market) for some time (if they care about this chunk of the market).

note: I don't think military people care much how the sim looks, rather they are looking for functionality, and P3D is (proven) good to some extent in this area, hence their costumers in this market are guaranteed.

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

None of the video I saw showed any aircraft at altitudes that I would be flying at.

Yes and the 1 thing which does concern me also is that its all been low and slow, will the engine be able to keep up with groundspeeds of 500-1200ts.... I am sure it will in some shape or form but so far it has been mainly a GA representation 

• Upvote 1