Skywolf

FSReborn's AI Lights Reborn Professional - P3Dv4 - Insights

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I was grateful enough to beta test FSReborn's AI Light package, and I have to say @simbol did an amazing job with it.  From my conversations with him - I can tell he is an artist.  Lot of care and attention to detail has been applied to this Professional AI Lights Package for P3D.  

I will post some screenshots later this evening if my time persists.

Let me tell you guys something - The configuration process is super fun and for many of us - it is automatic.  It is in the implementation of the package - it completely changes the way my AI looks in the sim.

Works flawlessly with AIG (that is what I have).

Coolest feature - is the application uses P3D scenario to show you on how the AI looks in the sim.  Basically what this means is - it shows an airport in UK with tons of AI lined up on the runway and in the air.  This is where you can change the intensity/color/size/strobe of the light effects and you get to see from all angles on how the light effects look.  This part is so much fun and so cool.

@simbol really took advantages of P3Dv4 SDK for this.  I highly recommend P3D4.5HF2 as LM has fixed lot of light effects.

There will be pre-orders of the product will be available at Cosford Flight Show this upcoming weekend and @simbol will be there also (so meet and greet).

Full release date is 21st of October.

Check the teaser out

Enjoy

Skywolf 

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 3

On my shopping list 👍

Posted (edited)

Will it work with P3D4.5HF1? I always wait awhile before I jump to the latest version. 

Note: Just watched the video. There was too much scene switching I had to start over and pauses everywhere to see what was actually being talked about. It was like the creator was trying to keep up with the beat of the music at the beginning and it was moving to fast to actually enjoy what was being demonstrated. I still plan to purchase it based on the free version. 

Edited by TalonMX
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

Will it work with P3D4.5HF1?

Yes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Will FSPXAI be serviced?

I have AIG and UT Live - and it does work with those but I will let @simbol respond to your question.  As I do not know about FSPXAI?

56 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Will FSPXAI be serviced?

As long as the AI models follow the recommended and documented methodology by P3D SDK to install lights it will work.

A list of AI packages we used to test is on my website, but if you have doubts please contact your AI models vendor provider to confirm it follows P3D SDK recommendations.

Regards 

S.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

As long as the AI models follow the recommended and documented methodology by P3D SDK to install lights it will work.

Well...then I guess it's not a case with FSPXAI. Too sad

You should see how it looks with 100% AI taking off/landing in fog with some PBR and dash of Dynamic Reflections ... FT CYUL with snow drifts enabled ... amazing!

Works great with UTLive 1.2 and zero performance hit with DL enabled.

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Coolest feature - is the application uses P3D scenario to show you on how the AI looks in the sim.  Basically what this means is - it shows an airport in UK with tons of AI lined up on the runway and in the air.  This is where you can change the intensity/color/size/strobe of the light effects and you get to see from all angles on how the light effects look

As a fellow beta tester for this, I absolutely agree with this... @simbol has put a HUGE amount of effort and care into making this.  I can honestly say I rarely flew with AI until I discovered this - then the experience of using it together with AIG was a revelation.  Great AI package and like @Rob_Ainscough says above, negligible impact on FPS.

@simbol has worked very closely with LM to get inside the sim and make AIlights work as efficiently as possible, to a degree I think a lot of other Devs could learn from!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

You should see how it looks with 100% AI taking off/landing in fog with some PBR and dash of Dynamic Reflections ... FT CYUL with snow drifts enabled ... amazing!

Works great with UTLive 1.2 and zero performance hit with DL enabled.

Cheers, Rob.

A video rob perchance? 😉

Looks great. Will it work with MT6 ?

I recall a company back in the FSX days that also had lights for AI. Shockwave or something?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Posted (edited)

It looks really great!!! I'm looking forward to get my hands on this product.

Patric

Edited by pscharff

6 hours ago, TalonMX said:

Note: Just watched the video. There was too much scene switching I had to start over and pauses everywhere to see what was actually being talked about. It was like the creator was trying to keep up with the beat of the music at the beginning and it was moving to fast to actually enjoy what was being demonstrated. I still plan to purchase it based on the free version. 

I agree. I wasn't able to tell if the features of this product allow individual AI aircraft to have unique effects.
Older aircraft used different materials in their lighting compared to newer more efficient technology. Would we be able to see these in sim?

For example, on some of the FZ 737 fleet, their exterior lights still employ the old Halogen style beam design lights while the newer ones come with high quality LED versions. Would the product allow both to be turned on and used in sim at the same time on AI or will it be a 'one effect - set for all' type of a deal?

36 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Looks great. Will it work with MT6 ?

Yes it will. But you should change to AIGM-OCI better AI models than old MT6 and it is FREE..

R

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, krazyk said:

I agree. I wasn't able to tell if the features of this product allow individual AI aircraft to have unique effects.
Older aircraft used different materials in their lighting compared to newer more efficient technology. Would we be able to see these in sim?

For example, on some of the FZ 737 fleet, their exterior lights still employ the old Halogen style beam design lights while the newer ones come with high quality LED versions. Would the product allow both to be turned on and used in sim at the same time on AI or will it be a 'one effect - set for all' type of a deal?

Yes you can, using the expert interface you can set groups and set not only different textures and types of strobes (AKA Led bulbs) but also different lighting parameters. 

Full list of features is in my website, I will upload tons of picture galleries later this week, reason is I want you guys to ask the questions about it and hear the experience from different members of this community who were selected to test the product.

It is better if you hear this from others users, rather than me..😉

Regards 

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

Looks very promising indeed.... has it been tested with FLAI package ?

Cheers

Ezio 

These packages use all the same models, more or less. So it works also with FLAI.
Just FSPXAI can't "updated" as they don't follow the SDK for their lights. Not all, but most.

A significant upgrade to AI.

Well done @simbol  That was alot of dedication and hard work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi Simbol,

I just wanted to send best wishes for the success of the pro package.

Regards,

Steve

Guys. It's an expertly done package, it's non-trivial and requires the top level of understanding and coding. The beta team is also top of the class. Please show your support when it's out and just go and get it!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Simbol has given a lot to this community by way of free expert help and guidance. For that reason alone I will be purchasing this. Keep up the great work Simbol!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

I was fortunate enough to be chosen to test this marvelous package and I also want to commend @simbol for his hard work and dedication to AILRP. His knowledge and understanding of how the entire P3D package works is truly amazing. He has really tunneled deep into the depths of P3D and pulled out amazing details. He also put together a great team so I want to commend my fellow testers as well. Great job everyone!

One of the many features of AILRP, and my personal favorite (right @simbol? 😉) is the ability to create groups of aircraft, all with different light types, textures, sizes, intensities, etc. You can create many groups and the process is super easy.

In the Expert interface you will have a Default Global Fleet where, in the beginning, all AI will be. Sort them out however you like, save the group with a name, select your settings and go. With the live preview in P3D adjusting the light settings is a snap.

P3D Live Preview:

b6xITT7.png

Here's a look at how I set up my fleet (not complete yet after latest test build), this is for Boeing LED (B739's):

HTVeG4w.png

and for the Bombardiers:

STgLuMo.png

After @simbol uploads his package I have some screenshot and short video uploads as well so look for those in a couple of days.

It is truly a sim changing program. Hope this starts to open the door a bit. We're all here so any questions please let us know!

cant wait for this being released

anything with simbols name to it has got to be a no brainer

• Like 2