Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 20th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

Can´t believe what I see...Somehow my brain keeps saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator avalaible on April 1st" 😄

Amazing.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 3

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

32 minutes ago, bashope said:

Anyway, just like @RALF9636 mentioned, we can all agree that real life runways are undulated (some more, some less) and it would be nice if this is represented properly in MFS, just like in X-Plane, and unlike FSX. End of story to me.

Oh please no! Let Asobo do it right. The undulation in X-Plane is overdone and that much overdone that I even prefer the flat runways in FSX and Prepar3d.

But wow, what an amazing video again. What this team is doing is way beyond what I ever expected from a new simulator.

Edited by Rimshot
  • Like 3

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I stand by what I said. It seems people are ignoring the fact that i mentioned ALL angles. Matthew is crying "Shame, shame, shame" over a video with panning shots of runways that are often less than 3 seconds long. I find it funny that in the O'Hare video posted, the goalpost was shifted to the grass (lol) and taxiways since the runway (the original point of contention) does appear to look pretty flat in RL! As some of you have correctly pointed out, standing at a particular point on the runway does reveal things a lot better but in the context of the video shown, it makes little sense to cry "shame, shame, shame!" What's really shameful is calling someone a clown just because they disagree with you.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I have to say, as excited and blown away I am with each Development Video/Insider update I see, I am equally depressed that my system will most likely not run the sim. 😥 Being on a fixed income, I will not be able to upgrade when the system specs come out. I'm  slowly resigning myself that I'll be a FSX'er for my remaining years.

forum.png

7 hours ago, MatthewS said:

FS2020 runways seem to be perfectly flat (no undulations)... IMHO this is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very disappointing.

You may be right, but really, do you have to become such a drama queen about it, LOL. Besides, suggesting another member being a troll for disagreeing with you, wow... Reread your own contributions and wonder how you come across.

Edited by Rimshot
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

37 minutes ago, bashope said:

Absolutely, I have promised myself long ago to simply not entertain internet trolls. I simply stop responding once I think the person is tilting and has been disrespectful. This guy meets all of the above.

Anyway, just like @RALF9636 mentioned, we can all agree that real life runways are undulated (some more, some less) and it would be nice if this is represented properly in MFS, just like in X-Plane, and unlike FSX. End of story to me.

Xplane models runways properly? Some of the undulated runways in Xplane are modelled that bad they are unusable. MSFS need to do it right, otherwise don't bother.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

12 minutes ago, BEARlyThereCDN said:

I have to say, as excited and blown away I am with each Development Video/Insider update I see, I am equally depressed that my system will most likely not run the sim. 😥 Being on a fixed income, I will not be able to upgrade when the system specs come out. I'm  slowly resigning myself that I'll be a FSX'er for my remaining years.

forum.png

I think your system should be able to run MSFS. You might have to lower your settings tho.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

12 minutes ago, BEARlyThereCDN said:

forum.png

Come on! We are not talking about 8 years old specs. Those GPU are only one generation old, and that CPU is good. I don’t think a game that has been on production for 5 years needs latest high end specs...

28 minutes ago, eaim said:

Which is the reason, I'm saving up (through overtime) to buy a 30** series GPU when the're released later this year to go with my new rig that I've just built.

I'm with you brother. Saving for both new GPU and either new AMD or Intel CPU. 

• Like 2

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

10 minutes ago, eaim said:

Xplane models runways properly? Some of the undulated runways in Xplane are modelled that bad they are unusable. MSFS need to do it right, otherwise don't bother.

Absolutely agree. Sometimes there are bumps in the runway that my plane lifts off without rotation. 😄

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Absolutely agree. Sometimes there are bumps in the runway that my plane lifts off without rotation. 😄

Heck, it's even done that turning into the ramp to park. Lol

Sad about ifr though.. But word not allowed those shots! 

Edited by Victoroos

Victor Roos

27 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

You may be right, but really, do you have to become such a drama queen about it, LOL. Besides, suggesting another member being a troll for disagreeing with you, wow... Reread your own contributions and wonder how you come across.

They said they won't be right? 

Victor Roos

36 minutes ago, eaim said:

Thank's Chock, Luckily my son is a Computer Scientist and my daughter uses Photoshop etc in her profession so I've got help at hand if I need it. 

Well in which case I wish you good luck with learning it all if you choose to do so!

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, domkle said:

You noted that the SDK will include a tool to place your own objects 😉 (8’ minutes mark).

😄 I was speechless when I saw the video. They are the real Santa 🙂

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998