Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

Do we Cancel Everything? You still Travelling??

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I think COVID19 is going to be around for awhile ... not sure about our economy as in the US it's estimated 78% of the US population live pay-check to pay-check.

Seems the economy lives month to month at best!

Years ago, when this game (Plague incorporated) first came out, I wrote about it here, asking what people thought, which was essentially that it was horrible, though I thought it might have some educational value as well....

Fast forward a few years, and we have this gent trying his hand at a new disease that at the time was just becoming a story on the news. All fun and games then, but with the gift of hindsight, more than a little chilling, now.

watching this and thinking of the possibilities, I actually wonder if in some ways we might be getting off a bit lucky.

And hopefully coming out of it all of this with a real appreciation of how vulnerable we still can be, even in the 21st century.....

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Seems the economy lives month to month at best!

Some company's are already getting ready to shed staff in the UK permanently, and if this goes on for to long or months experts say it could make 2008 look like a picnic, that was just bad banks this is the world economy going down the tube.  

And with most of the wealth in the big tech company`s will the users still be able to pay. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Research is suggesting coughs and sneezes can travel 6 to 8 metres.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Expert panel to assess face mask use by public
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52126735

The WHO is also looking again at its advice regarding masks and if more of us should be wearing them.

"The scientist who led the study, Prof Lydia Bourouiba of MIT, told me that she is concerned about the current concept of "safe distances".

"What we exhale, cough or sneeze is a gas cloud that has high momentum that can go far, traps the drops of all sizes in it and carries them through the room," she said.

"So having this false idea of safety at one to two metres, that somehow drops will just fall to the ground at that distance is not based on what we have quantified, measured and visualised directly."

"He said that if the evidence is supported, then "it might be that wearing a mask is equally as effective or more effective than distancing."

Edited by martin-w

In France an enormous concern rises about what is happening in retirement homes. In one, not far from where I live, 19 dead over 120 residents. The gouvernement says that it cannot collate the figures from all over the country  (I'd rather not comment that, I would get quite nasty)...

How is it in your countries ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, domkle said:

In France an enormous concern rises about what is happening in retirement homes. In one, not far from where I live, 19 dead over 120 residents. The gouvernement says that it cannot collate the figures from all over the country  (I'd rather not comment that, I would get quite nasty)...

How is it in your countries ?

I hate to say this but it`s now become political keeping the figure low is good from a political stand point so yes some deaths are not included, answer they will die anyway eventfully from something.    

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

16 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

😳So much for germany doing tests!

Nothing is perfect but GE does roughly 7 times more tests  and has 6 times less dead than FR.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Don't  know  what other  countries  are    testing  on,  but  here  in  oz  we  just  started  to  test  a  vaccine  on  some  ferrets

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, domkle said:

Nothing is perfect but GE does roughly 7 times more tests  and has 6 times less dead than FR.

the fewer deaths could be due to the fact that the average age of those tested in Germany is 47 years old.

I have the feeling this will change soon, right now more elderly people are dying in nursing homes infected with Sars Cov 2.

Edited by Nedo68
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

the fewer deaths could be due to the fact that the average age of those tested in Germany is 47 years old.

I have the feeling this will change soon, right now more elderly people are dying in nursing homes infected with covid-19.

It fits with what I had heard previously about Germany classifying Corona deaths in a particular way. I don't know if this is accurate, but the story was that elderly patients with serious existing medical conditions and a poor prognosis who test positive for Corona and then die, would not necessarily be counted as a Corona death. Medically this would be perfectly sound logic because patients in those situations are actually dying from an accumulation and combination of factors, not simply from the Corona virus.

• Like 2

John B

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

infected with covid-19.

Just to say, nobody is infected with Covid 19.

The virus is calad SARS CoV 2.

The disease is calad COVID 19

And the virus is a type of corona virus.

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

Edit: btw. Gemany have now overtaken China in terms of infected people.

Edit: btw. Gemany have now overtaken China in terms of officially infected people.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

i changed it extra for you, but we all knew what i meant, dont?

Oh yes, I wasn't being critical, just saying out of interest. 

• Like 1

If you believe any data coming from China, you might be interested by a bridge I have in stock. Almost new, few scratches, a good price, the owner (a Nigerian prince) needs money and is in hurry to sell. For the record, I lived and worked in China.

About FR vs GE, I am a simple guy. I see that my country has 6 times the number of dead our neighbour to the East has, for a much larger population. And this is only counting the hospital dead. We fear the worst when we will add the dead in the retirement homes. Our health system (tremendously courageous and dedicated people) is overwhelmed and we have to transport some of our sick to, guess where, Germany.  I try to understand 😉.  There are several lines of reasoning some very political, some statistical, some on the medical side, the widespread testing in GE (500K test per week) is one.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique