Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 26th, 2020 – Development Update

It looks amazing. WOw. Interested in how alpha develops and new invites.

Those grasses, those landings! ❤️

Victor Roos

I still believe it's a new simulator and comparisons shoudn't be made with previous titles, but only with titles of the same generation (and at this point, there is only MSFS).

Nobody is taking away your old simulators and old way of flying. If you want to continue flying on Pilot Edge, Ivao or Vatsim, if you want to show the world what a manly chair pilot you are and how professional you look in your boxers in the house basement using a videogame and a piece of plastic to move a virtually simulated plane, nobody is forcing you to stop doing that now. Stay with your sim, do what you like to do.

Everybody helps is hopefully more open minded in the sense they can use multiple simulators at the same time with different goals. Just like now (a minority) is able to switch from civilian simulators to combat simulators, ship simulators, truck simulators and so on

As for the video itself, i like it. Only "complain" is how the formation flights, especially the Airbus ones, looked a bit scripted and likely it wasn't actual people flying all the planes but just a leader plane and AI aircrafts behind mimiking the leader plane in all the movements.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Great update as always. Particularly now that many of us are locked up in our homes these sneak peeks are a most welcome diversion. What a wonderful world your are creating here. Thank you very much! 

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Just now, Pastaiolo said:

Nobody is taking away your old simulators and old way of flying. If you want to continue flying on Pilot Edge, Ivao or Vatsim, if you want to show the world what a manly chair pilot you are and how professional you look in your boxers in the house basement using a videogame and a piece of plastic to move a virtually simulated plane, nobody is forcing you to stop doing that now. Stay with your sim, do what you like to do.

🤣

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

10 hours ago, Lorenzog said:

Finally no more lag!!! bye bye ivao and vatsim

Perhaps both orgs should start thinking of ways to integrate their live ATC services?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Amazing update, thank you!

Unlike most of us here, the most important news for me in this update is the realistic hope I have now to be accepted in the Alpha next week.

Since I registered on day one, I am very hopeful I will finally be able to put my hands on this amazing sim and starting to enjoy these long weeks while I am stuck at home.

Can't wait for next monday!🕑🤤

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, aleex said:

I can see a sloped taxiway :ph34r:

But does it UNDULATE?

• Like 5

In the nitpicking dept , the OperatorLand468's shot is bizarre. A setting or rising sun in a black sky  with only some golden hues on the haze below ? Except for the clouds, it looks a little bit like an alien  world !

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, aleex said:

I can see a sloped taxiway :ph34r:

I can't. Also I would not know how to judge that from a still picture. You might still be right, I just don't see it.

Great video. Also I like that they changed the HUD appearance. In earlier shots it seems there was a generic VSI with a range of +-6000 fpm. Also it seems the instruments can be customized now, something I had hoped for. At least the ASIs look different for different aircraft. And +-2000 fpm on the VSI seems a lot more appropriate for single engine props too.

For the long term I still hope for shared cockpits, which unfortunately was not mentioned with a single word here. Also some instructor station functionality would be awesome. After all, the name of this product will be Flight Simulator. In any real FFS you can trigger all kinds of events from the rear seat, the absolute essence of any flight sim. Otherwise you could just go and fly a real plane. It would be great to have this at some point in the future.

Even more, I'd love to have some sort of a tower/radar feature in the future. Would really complement all that multiplayer stuff nicely. FSX had this super basic thing, but with Asobo going full throttle on this project and getting everything right they possibly can, I hope this is on their list of things to consider.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, domkle said:

In the nitpicking dept , the OperatorLand468's shot is bizarre. A setting or rising sun in a black sky  with only some golden hues on the haze below ? Except for the clouds, it looks a little bit like an alien  world !

I'm thinking there might be some sort of photo filter on it that darkens the sky.

2 hours ago, domkle said:

It's a picture of a total eclipse 😉
(No, it really isn't - was an attempt at a joke).
The only way you can get as dark an atmosphere as the screenshot you reference is during a total eclipse.

08212017_wing-totality_145015_tzr-780x50

You're right though. I think the shading is off.

While a dark blue / black sky can be visible on commercial airline flights, that MSFS screenshot makes the world too dark.
- https://www.picfair.com/pics/05760181-red-centre-viewed-from-aeroplane-showing-clouds-and-red-earth-over-central

Either make it brighter:
- https://c8.alamy.com/comp/BHC4CC/aerial-view-of-cloud-formation-at-40000-feet-from-an-airplane-BHC4CC.jpg

- https://res.cloudinary.com/twenty20/private_images/t_watermark-criss-cross-10/v1440751256000/photosp/c191c920-124c-48be-8cb6-bc4c9e5fc578/stock-photo-daytime-outdoors-sun-sky-reflection-horizon-bright-clouds-glare-c191c920-124c-48be-8cb6-bc4c9e5fc578.jpg

Or if the sun is low enough on the horizon for lots of darkness and shadows, then you should get a sunset feel with lots of colours as the Sun's light is refracted in the atmosphere:
- https://thumbs-prod.si-cdn.com/_farcimAGxBTo88a1IsBjHZoSug=/fit-in/1072x0/https://contest-public-media.si-cdn.com/9817170d-a466-4c3d-b7b2-97988c2b1060.jpg

(I'm aware that cameras and photoshop can alter pictures to make them look different from real-world conditions).

Edited by F737NG
clarity
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

Unlike most of us here, the most important news for me in this update is the realistic hope I have now to be accepted in the Alpha next week.

Since I registered on day one, I am very hopeful I will finally be able to put my hands on this amazing sim and starting to enjoy these long weeks while I am stuck at home.

Eh, I registered day one too, but I've given up hope at this point.  I'm just waiting for release at the end of this year now, until then I'll do my best not to think about all the great experiences other pilots are having with the alpha now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Castle-1.png

Screenshot Credit: Djays72

That looks like Salzburg. (LOWS) @Shack95

Funny that I am most impressed by the grass on fields. You can see that perfectly in the video. I remember how happy I was everytime a payware airports uses 3D grass! 😄

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

This very amazing update has only one screenshot with big disappointments at the second glance. It is the Salzburg screenshot from Djays72. Compared to real world photos (I have often been there) and Google Earth it seems that Bing has much much less visual data from Salzburg than Google Earth.

I do not mean the castle, which is acceptable, but mainly the surrounding houses on the left side reminds me of the old times with FSX autogen houses. Not a single house in Salzburg look like these houses. Even the places with houses or parks or streets are wrong. I do not know if this is the latest version of this area and I hope this will be corrected.

A big progress can be seen in trees and grass, where size, color and shape fits perfect to the scenery.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, snglecoil said:

I'm having visions of Airforceproud95 videos on YouTube 😂.

Gotta be honest, anything which facilitates more Airforceproud95 videos can only be a good thing. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here