Sign in to follow this  
Concodroid

Why do you think flight simulator is a "game"?

Asobo Studio SARL is a video game developer based in Bordeaux, France, and founded in 2002. The studio has developed 17 video games, including video game adaptations of the Pixar movies Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, and Toy Story 3. Wikipedia

They are a GAME STUDIO!! The game will be sold on Xbox.. ACES Gaming Studio developed the Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise.. These games were/are sold in  PC game & toy stores, mostly played using gaming controls.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

oh come on,...y'all are using the "simulator" word to justify to your wife why you're sitting in front of a computer for 6 hours playing a game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Asobo Studio SARL is a video game developer

They are a GAME STUDIO!! The game will be sold on Xbox.. ACES Gaming Studio developed the Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise.. These games were/are sold in  PC game & toy stores, mostly played using gaming controls.

And? They have scientists and engineers, they are in contact with the aircraft manufacturers, all of them had to fly, and a few in the team were working on getting their PPL (Private Pilot License). They also work and will work with people who have flown for many hours one, a few, most, or all of the aircraft that will be included in MSFS.

https://youtu.be/nmfmYfXOI1w?t=67
https://twitter.com/swloch Sebastian Wloch flies. The guy in Episode 3: Aerodynamics.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/martial-bossard-78b2141/ Martial Bossard does too. The guy in Episode 4: Cockpits.

Microsoft hired and hires the right people, not 'randoms'.

The military uses game controllers too. Does that make anything they do, a 'game'?

MSFS does and will have support for many input devices. And since they will continue working on MSFS for at least 10 years after its release. I can say with certainty that input devices with haptic technology are supported or will be supported too.

• Upvote 1

Well, for me, it is a game. I am not a pilot and have no real desire to become one. I will play this on a PC I built literally just for gaming. I do nothing else with it except download mods for said games and occasionally stream movies.
Others consider this a simulator and I’m fine with that. It’s a matter of perspective to me. 

Edited by jackstalke

2 hours ago, Sticky said:

oh come on,...y'all are using the "simulator" word to justify to your wife why you're sitting in front of a computer for 6 hours playing a game.

Not only that, but your wife knows it's a game although she probably won't admit it. 😄

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

15 hours ago, mSparks said:

MSFS2020 is only for entertainment purposes.

As is P3D and X-Plane. Only with far better graphics and flight dynamics. Of course, if you can simulate flying to a degree, its a 'flight simulator'. 

If you can gain points by advancing levels, while destroying the monsters trying to get you, its a 'game'. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

As is P3D and X-Plane.

not true

bit it is against avsim rules to discuss why. 

AutoATC Developer

5 hours ago, Sticky said:

I wanted to ask why some people are hellbent on these games being simulators but you already answered for me. May or may not include a touch of "i don't play games for kiddies, i'm an elite who pretends to fly virtual planes".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

not true

OK......😅

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sticky said:

call of duty black ops zombies 4x player coop.

with my brother on the ps3.

record was 5 hours

best zombie apocalypse simulator ever.

hardest part was going to the toilet in real life (no pause option)

great training for corona virus.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

12 hours ago, mSparks said:

not true

bit it is against avsim rules to discuss why. 

It is a true. X-plane & P3D are not closer to reality, than MSFS. So X-plane, P3D, MSFS... can be a game or a simulator, depends on what user wants and how using it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ludekbrno said:

It is a true. X-plane & P3D are not closer to reality, than MSFS. So X-plane, P3D, MSFS... can be a game or a simulator, depends on what user wants and how using it.

like I said. its against avsim rules to discuss why it is not true.

if you want to know what purposes P3D and xplane can be used for you will need to read their available licence agreements on your own.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

A game is, by rule and definition, simulated. Whether physical or abstract, games can serve as entertainment in its purest form, be educational or both. It matters not if you're running the virtual runtime environment off a refurbished hundred dollar laptop or one of United Airlines' state-of-the-art A320 simulators in Denver.

Understand that a simulation will always be a game and vice versa. What's of importance is what you make of it, really.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, charliearon said:

The planet, right? :laugh:

Of course. What else? :cool:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

Of course. What else? :cool:

Moons over Miami?? :blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: